• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Sp33dy said:

I understand putting express and standard. But if ur saying its ok that bulk orders from dec has to be frozen to do express orders from March. Thats exactly where we are saying its unfair, ur not prioritizing. U are jus plainly not caring at all. Maybe having all express orders from December and January done before December bulk. But saying express needs prioritizing at all.times then why not give ppls bulk back because it isn't even worked on

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually asked for their cards back yet?

3 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually asked for their cards back yet?

This is from CGC'S home page about the update on TAT. I have screenshot the section that talks about this.20210319_211106.jpg.1c89991accdc2b8b3ab4473244fa4204.jpg

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This is from CGC'S home page about the update on TAT. I have screenshot the section that talks about this.20210319_211106.jpg.1c89991accdc2b8b3ab4473244fa4204.jpg

Thank you for providing the info. I guess wait is the only option.

now that is astounding

if they are in the middle of the process I would understand, but anything sitting in a box still somewhere you should be able to pull

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

You guys need to seriously take a breath, chill out, and let it work itself out. 

That's the plan, I mean, it's not like this is going to make anything go faster, I just feel that it's fair to point out that the "shoulda-woulda-coulda" factor of increasing capacity ahead of time in wake of the well advertised boom in collectables instead of saving this for the last moment before we're already locked in could be better addressed to maybe prevent some of this abrasion we're feeling. It's frustrating! I don't care about the raw data of waiting for whatever amount of time less than the spirit of it all. It's not fun being in this position and, yes, I'm trying to work my way out of it. It sucks choosing the objective best option, on paper, doing the research, taking the time, the math, etc, and having it backfire in some sense, there is only so much fine print in the world which can make you feel comfortable with what's happening

Edited by The Nameless One

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

now that is astounding

if they are in the middle of the process I would understand, but anything sitting in a box still somewhere you should be able to pull

I agree, but obviously with everything they have going on they are overwhelmed and still trying to maintain their standards.  These are crazy days we are all going through. 

18 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

I try, but the same topic literally takes over the front page every time and there is no way to resolve your issue besides just asking for your cards back at this point. Like you could probably send them to another grading service but it'll take just as long to get them back, if not longer.

I'm seriously sorry you are stuck in this predicament but no one can help you, especially if you're not willing to wait and see if the new building and employees can even make a difference.

Totally agree, I'm a comics guy trying to learn something/anything from the cards discussions and all I ever see over here is guys complaining about not receiving their cards or their order hasn't been marked rec'd by cgc.....same discussion just worded different.

Edited by TrayKnight

5 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It is beyond disturbing that they had to make this announcement.  At no point have I ever seen them have to make such an announcement for the comic guys like this.  This means that they are getting inundated with calls requesting things like this.

Is it the hobby?

Is it a generational thing? 

We have younger comic collectors who don't act like this. 

3 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

But what about my Disney compensation?

That would require a team of lawyers to explain it all. That said if the infractions that lead to some sort of compensation happen within a park they will usually comp you park passes. If severe enough they will comp a room.  They know like Vegas comping rooms or passes. You will still spend money. Merch, Food, Etc. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

It is beyond disturbing that they had to make this announcement.  At no point have I ever seen them have to make such an announcement for the comic guys like this.  This means that they are getting inundated with calls requesting things like this.

Is it the hobby?

Is it a generational thing? 

We have younger comic collectors who don't act like this. 

This is actually a general update about TAT. This applies to all of their grading.  They didn't give this update just for cards. 

I find it both sad and disturbing.  

4 minutes ago, TrayKnight said:

Totally agree, I'm a comics guy trying to learn something/anything from the cards discussions and all I ever see over here is guys complaining about not receiving their cards or their order hasn't been marked rec'd by cgc.....same discussion just worded different.

I honestly don't expect to see any changes until May. A new building and new employees just to support a new division that's not even a year old? There are just so many moving parts and variables right now it must be chaotic.

1 minute ago, The Nameless One said:

And this goes to all of you who feel indifferent, you are free to go post your own threads about your own topics, this is an open forum.

True, but it's just not efficient. Why not just have one thread where individuals going through the same situation can discuss vs taking over a whole page of a forum? 

8 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That would require a team of lawyers to explain it all. That said if the infractions that lead to some sort of compensation happen within a park they will usually comp you park passes. If severe enough they will comp a room.  They know like Vegas comping rooms or passes. You will still spend money. Merch, Food, Etc. 

I’m just gonna tell the customer service rep I call that as a DIS shareholder I will be voting them off their board of directors seat.

I hope everyone has a nice night/weekend/week/month/year/life, I've said my piece. I hope the best for CGC's expansion, I wouldn't choose this company if they weren't the top in my eyes. I feel like I will get the most quality service, the most quality cases, and all that good stuff. I think people will look at their tough grading standards respectfully in the future. Ultimately, despite all the whatever, I feel like I made a wise investment and, in the end, I'm happy to support a cool, niche endeavor. We can only hope this collector stuff grows in popularity, we all win if that's the case. Peace and love

5 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

True, but it's just not efficient. Why not just have one thread where individuals going through the same situation can discuss vs taking over a whole page of a forum? 

Because I am my own person with my own feelings and feel like containing them in my thread instead of taking someone else's thoughts over. Sorry, efficient? Are forums a business? Buddy, I was the #1 contributor on Rotten Tomatoes when they were a top 5 forum in terms of size, none of this means anything. 

5 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

I’m just gonna tell the customer service rep I call that as a DIS shareholder I will be voting them off their board of directors seat.

That and threats of lawsuits always work.. 

( please note that this was said in a snarky sarcastic way, but with a smile.) 

1 minute ago, The Nameless One said:

Because I am my own person with my own feelings and feel like containing them in my thread instead of taking someone else's thoughts over. Sorry, efficient? Are forums a business? Buddy, I was the #1 contributor on Rotten Tomatoes when they were a top 5 forum in terms of size, none of this means anything. 

Saying you were the #1 contributor on RT is not the flex you think it is LMAO what did I just read