• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,611 posts in this topic

8 Items, Standard grading, no subgrades:

Mailed: 4/26/2021

"Received" (as in, they scanned in the box finally): 7/20/2021

Service: TCG - STANDARD

Saw some activity on my credit card/Paypal finally.

Stings a bit seeing others Standard or Economy getting sent in, graded and sent back before mine have even finished grading. Didn't help with my box sitting for almost 3 months during the backlog before opened. I realize my submission was at the height of the backlog. Seems to have gotten a lot better. Just being patient

On 10/8/2021 at 2:36 PM, rxfiretech said:

8 Items, Standard grading, no subgrades:

Mailed: 4/26/2021

"Received" (as in, they scanned in the box finally): 7/20/2021

Service: TCG - STANDARD

Saw some activity on my credit card/Paypal finally.

Stings a bit seeing others Standard or Economy getting sent in, graded and sent back before mine have even finished grading. Didn't help with my box sitting for almost 3 months during the backlog before opened. I realize my submission was at the height of the backlog. Seems to have gotten a lot better. Just being patient

You should of had that sub back months ago wow....

On 10/8/2021 at 1:29 PM, JasonCirceo said:

My bulk order was received on 4/7 they told me I won’t be receiving my cards till some time after December. They said most likely I will receive them till end January.

I’m assuming yours is in grading? My 5/11 bulk is in GEI right now 

On 10/8/2021 at 2:29 PM, JasonCirceo said:

My bulk order was received on 4/7 they told me I won’t be receiving my cards till some time after December. They said most likely I will receive them till end January.

I already recieved my 190 card sub grade bulk order from 4/30 back in my hands... maybe call them again.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:00 PM, Oreos said:

I already recieved my 190 card sub grade bulk order from 4/30 back in my hands... maybe call them again.

Thats an insane turnaround. I'm still waiting on my 3/23 return to actually make it back.

On 10/8/2021 at 9:00 PM, Oreos said:

I called them several times already and keep getting the same answer that my cards have finished grading and the are waiting to be encapsulated but they are extremely back up. They all said I would get my cards in January. They said I may get my cards soon but shouldn’t count on it.

On 10/10/2021 at 7:20 AM, JasonCirceo said:

I called them several times already and keep getting the same answer that my cards have finished grading and the are waiting to be encapsulated but they are extremely back up. They all said I would get my cards in January. They said I may get my cards soon but shouldn’t count on it.

Oh man this better not be true. I have 400+ cards sitting in "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" (some for at least 2 weeks now) that I've already been charged for. 

What a brilliant play by CGC btw. Tell your customers they won't be charged until cards reach grading stage, and roll out a 2nd grading phase to collect money from Customers earlier and include the word "grading" in it to protect yourself. I mean really... what an absolutely savvy and brilliant move, give a bonus to whichever C-Suite exec came up that one. 

On 10/11/2021 at 2:09 AM, PokemanDude90 said:

Oh man this better not be true. I have 400+ cards sitting in "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" (some for at least 2 weeks now) that I've already been charged for. 

What a brilliant play by CGC btw. Tell your customers they won't be charged until cards reach grading stage, and roll out a 2nd grading phase to collect money from Customers earlier and include the word "grading" in it to protect yourself. I mean really... what an absolutely savvy and brilliant move, give a bonus to whichever C-Suite exec came up that one. 

Bro my cards have be in this stage for over two months 

On 10/10/2021 at 10:20 AM, JasonCirceo said:

I wonder if it's an issue with manpower being able to encapsulate them, or supply chain for slabs. Mine always seem to ship on the current turn around time(not what TAT was when subbed) so I think they're reflective of what's going out the door that day. 

If turnaround is 180 days, the ones going out the door were received 180 days ago, not predictive of if you send it in today it will take 180 days. I could be wrong though. Just coincidentally always seem to line up with the most recent turnaround.

On 10/11/2021 at 2:09 AM, PokemanDude90 said:

I have 4 bulk subs with a total of 1,100 cards that have been in G/E/I for over 5 weeks now. Assuming the G/E/I isn't actually the 'grading' phase, rather the stage right below the actual grading stage, like you mentioned =/

On 10/11/2021 at 11:08 PM, MTGNostalgia said:

Unfortunately I have run into a rather frustrating situation..

*Disclaimer: Each and every single customer service rep I spoke to was very friendly, helpful and awesome to deal with*

My cards moved to finalizing/QC Friday the 1st of October.. Very excited, I called on the morning of the 4th (Monday) to see how things were going, and they told me the cards are finalized, just need to be QCd and that likely I could expect my cards to be shipped by the end of the week.

Tues (the next day), I checked the submission tracking and noticed that my cards had retraced back to the "Grading/Encapsulating/Imaging" step -- so I immediately reached out!

They first told me it was finalized, but then the customer service rep noticed something strange.. she called down to shipping.. they said my order had actually gone back to have a label (or multiple) reprinted and unfortunately wasn't sure what that would mean for my turnaround time.

While this sucked, it at least meant that I wouldn't have to send the cards back later to be corrected.

Later that day, I noticed the submission had moved to "Grading/Quality Control" -- which is no longer even a listed step.. so I called right away.. however this time, they said I would need to speak with accounting and transferred my call.
I had actually prepaid for this submission.
The accounting rep said that yes my order was under an "accounting review" but that they are not holding the order, and while there was a very small balance after pre-paying (something like a few dollars), they were going to let it proceed.  I said I would happily pay the difference, they said that wouldn't be necessary.

Accounting transferred my call back to Customer service, and they said they would send an email over to shipping to let them know the order was released.

The next morning (Wednesday), I called just to make sure that there was no issue.. the customer service rep said that there is still an accounting block.. called accounting, they told her that there was no longer any hold.. I asked if she would contact shipping and she said she would send an email.

The next day (Thursday), same story when I called.. there was an accounting hold.. they called accounting.. sent another email -- and said I could expect my cards to ship out by the latest Saturday.

Fast forward to today, and the order is still not shipped.. Called in, and guess what.. ."accounting hold".. I explained the situation.. they called accounting and once again it was all good.. she said "there is no hold on this order from accounting" and that shipping was extremely busy and that I'll just have to continue to be patient.

Yes, I realize I called a lot.. but I just kept having this sneaking suspicion that my order keeps getting passed over because of this "accounting hold" that doesn't exist.

/end rant

Sorry to hear this bro suck think your cards are around the corner to being back to where you where months ago.