• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,152 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2023 at 7:03 PM, mjoeyoung said:

Marvel Family #1 in a 6.5 sold for $9750 on Comic Connect tonight.  Same book sold for $9010 in Aug 2020. Since 2020 there have been sales of 6.0 for $36K, a 5.0 for $17K, a 4.5 for $20k, and a 4.0 for $10K. Last sale was a 2.5 that sold for $6500 in January.  :jawdrop:

Comicconnect is probably the worst place to sell a book like this.  I have such a hard time taking their prices at face value.  I feel like if you put the same book on Heritage you can expect 10-75% more with the few exceptions of mega keys, where they do very well.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:17 PM, batmiesta said:

Can someone explain why some sellers on ebay are asking over $1000 for a She Hulk #1 in 9.8, yet other sellers can't shift theirs when asking just over $400? That is just one example of many, baffles me. :deadhorse:

A buddy, who collects Sports Cards,  summed up that type of situation for me recently; "Some sellers are D**ks". Not my quote but its simply a reflection of society at large

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/16/2023 at 9:31 PM, buttock said:

Comicconnect is probably the worst place to sell a book like this.  I have such a hard time taking their prices at face value.  I feel like if you put the same book on Heritage you can expect 10-75% more with the few exceptions of mega keys, where they do very well.

perhaps a bit less less funny biz/shenanigans on comicconnect?

On 3/17/2023 at 6:35 AM, MAR1979 said:

perhaps a bit less less funny biz/shenanigans on comicconnect?

I don't know about that.  We have had a former employee reporting on in-house shilling and it doesn't sound good.  I think it's more that they're the worst platform for selling.  Heritage is killing everyone.  Clink has predictable results for certain areas (Marvel SA in particular, but they do well with a lot of other stuff).  CC is just an absolute crapshoot.  

On 3/17/2023 at 9:18 AM, drbanner said:

In addition to all their other issues, the CC auctions are just so erratic/unpredictable in offerings that they're like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get. Heritage gets so much quality material and spends so much on advertising that nothing slips through, and the ComicLink auctions are always choc full of quality silver/bronze/copper and as a result they have a well-established client base. The CC website/auction format needs some help.

Yep.  The website looks pretty good, but the user interface is awful.  I hate the fact that the pages time-out.  I don't understand why the watch and want lists are not on the dashboard.  The search filters don't really seem to work. There needs to be better differentiation between the offerings in their auctions, like CL and HA are doing.

On 3/17/2023 at 1:31 PM, dikran said:

ComicLink would be so much better if they had a watchlist option... 

On 3/17/2023 at 1:53 PM, Stefan_W said:

They don't? I get notifications regularly for recent listings that are on my watchlist. 

They have a wantlist.  It would be nice to have a watchlist in the individual auctions.  They only way to "bookmark" an auction item is to bid on it.  Sometimes you don't know you want something until you see it!

On 3/16/2023 at 7:17 PM, batmiesta said:

Can someone explain why some sellers on ebay are asking over $1000 for a She Hulk #1 in 9.8, yet other sellers can't shift theirs when asking just over $400? That is just one example of many, baffles me. :deadhorse:

Lol there are some weird sellers on eBay had a dude put 3k on a statue that generally sells for like 100$ in hopes he finds a crazy buyer.. who will pay through the roof quoted pez candy sales of some unique ones that are banned that he sold to some one to send to another person in the country it’s banned in… to each their own I guess lol 

On 3/17/2023 at 11:18 AM, drbanner said:

In addition to all their other issues, the CC auctions are just so erratic/unpredictable in offerings that they're like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get. Heritage gets so much quality material and spends so much on advertising that nothing slips through, and the ComicLink auctions are always choc full of quality silver/bronze/copper and as a result they have a well-established client base. The CC website/auction format needs some help.

Honestly CC's website was probably better before they changed it. If you're using the mobile version it borderline sucks. I like them as a company but that website👎

On 3/18/2023 at 10:03 AM, buttock said:

Yes, but you can't do that before the auction starts.  When HA or CC start, my tracking list is already set.  With Clink, you have to scroll through it all another time and things fall through the cracks.  

I’m not suggesting Clink shouldn’t have a tracking list, I’m suggesting Josh doesn’t provide one for a reason.