• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

6,947 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2021 at 5:51 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, if you listen to these two jokers in this video here, it most certainly have as evident by drops of more than 50% during the past few months:  :tonofbricks:

Definitely on the cold side as it finished up at #7 in their Top 10 coldest comic books, but still better than some of the ones that dropped by 70% to 80% from their highs earlier this year.  I guess it's really no surprise how many of these seem to have jumped up in the first place due to movie or TV related hype, but now seeing the other side of the hill.  (:

Weren't these the same two guys who had videos earlier this year on how super hot comic books were and now they seem to be taking the opposite tack on the mood of the marketplace.  Not sure, but did the guy in glasses hurt himself or give himself a hernia while doing this video, with all of his gestures or was he simply trying his best to take off and fly.  Then again, it's good to see that he's certainly enthusiastic and all in when it comes to the subject matter in hand.  (thumbsu

I've just been watching prices on eBay sink lower, because I was hoping to sell my 9.2

Kinda looking like I'm stuck with it now

On 12/28/2021 at 12:37 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Interesting. The OP flashed thru the boards and then was gone, leaving behind an interesting thread with a title that’s like fingernails on a chalkboard.

thanks for putting us out of our misery, CGC Mike

Like a high pitched ear splitting siren being blasted through the PA system and only the moderator has the key to the control room 

make-it-stop-meme-pictures-6.png.2e6327ff0b764654d875810abb1e4d73.png

It will live in infamy.

Edited by MGsimba77

On 12/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 12/28/2021 at 9:26 AM, CGC Mike said:

The OP hasn't visited in over 6 months.  I will change the title.

Interesting. The OP flashed thru the boards and then was gone, leaving behind an interesting thread with a title that’s like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Maybe the OP was only here for a short time, but a good time as it looks like he joined at the end of January, but last posted in June.  :bigsmile:

Maybe he simply couldn't take it anymore when this book sold for a rather stunning record $264K after his last post here when he thought it was already nutso at an already record setting $150K for an eyesore of a fugly looking copy:  :screwy:  

On 6/16/2021 at 3:51 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

150K now. King of Bronze Age? hm

AA58E907-3AD6-436D-888B-27A0EFE23D65.jpeg

On 6/16/2021 at 6:45 PM, InfantTerrible said:

that's not even a good copy, that white spine is an eyesore

Edited by lou_fine

On 12/30/2021 at 10:49 PM, lou_fine said:

Maybe the OP was only here for a short time, but a good time as it looks like he joined at the end of January, but last posted in June.  :bigsmile:

Maybe he simply couldn't take it anymore when this book sold for a rather stunning record $264K after his last post here when he thought it was already nutso at an already record setting $150K for an eyesore of a fugly looking copy:  :screwy:  

The prices can be a turnoff for many a poor boy. If I had any sense, id follow InfantTerrible out the door. Lucky for you guys I ain’t got no sense. 

On 12/30/2021 at 12:20 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'm not much of a pedigree expert and I'm generally neutral on them when making purchase decisions ... but you freaked me out a little bit with this post so I went and found all my Northland copies.  Here's everything I got.

169715926_JourneyIntoMystery119CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.d3e1490b4d86167c6b18c3f1f460422d.jpg

899142927_NickFury6CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.7e77a694dff3f75dce56b9d0bf4b2069.jpg

1300849361_StrangeTales137CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.352a664c5c419bead19d8fb52d559cce.jpg

1344179064_TalesofSuspense44CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.4b2cc84907f80a18ddfd5da16c8f3131.jpg

Nick Fury 6 is one of my favorite SA covers. Very under appreciated! And that's one of the nicest copies I've seen. 

I traded my raw VG many years ago, but would love to add a high grade copy before the world figures out how cool it is. 

On 1/1/2022 at 9:08 AM, Bumbo said:

Comic collectors am supposed to be smart?

Most of the ones that hang out here very long are.

Was reminded of this thread here when I was doing a post-Christmas and New Years clean up in terms of at long last finally getting around to turping some of my remaining CBG newspapers from the late 90's and early 2000's.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :facepalm:

Took a quick look at some of the CBG Price Guide sections in there and definitely a good reminder that if you are here for the long run, it's best to go after vintage collectible comic books, as opposed to the current readily available in quantity hot flavor book of the day.  I can't believe how many columns they had on how super hot Wolverine: The Origin was and how they were selling for around $1K or more with no problems at all.  Even though I am a fan of the Miller Daredevil run, looking backwards, it's still rather amazing that the first Miller Daredevil (i.e. DD 158) had sold at auction for more than a CGC 9.4 graded copy of Fantastic Four 48 back then.  Or for the CGC label chasers, looking at a copy of an Overstreet Update when CGC first came out and noting how a highest graded CGC 9.8 copy of DC's The Shadow had sold for something silly like $2,500 at the time.  :whatthe:  :screwy:

Fast forward to today or even to 10 years ago and would anybody really be willing to pay $1K for a HG copy of Wolverine: The Origin, $2,500 for a CGC 9.8 graded copy of The Shadow from DC, or if I am lucky be willing to not only trade me a CGC 9.4 graded copy of FF48 for a slabbed copy of DD 158, but also to throw in a few hundred dollars on top of that. :takeit:  :banana:

Edited by lou_fine