• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

6,967 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 12:02 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'm not sure if they can do what they did with the Avengers, if by that you mean releasing a bunch of solo films and building up to the big team-up.

First of all, even in the comics the Avengers were a team-up of established characters, unlike the FF or the X-Men who were introduced as a team.  Even in the GSX #1 reboot, for the most part we were watching Professor X assemble a team of mutants we hadn't heard of before (Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and the ill-fated Thunderbird).

I agree that an MCU X-Men franchise will be a smash hit.  But with the exception of Wolverine or possibly Magneto, I don't think there is any individual character in the whole group who's guaranteed to have a good showing at the box office, except insofar as we believe in Kevin Feige to just make it work because he's a genius.

Postscript:  Now if they were to introduce Storm in the Black Panther franchise, that would be amazing but with T-Challa gone, the ideal story hook there is lost.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:02 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

except insofar as we believe in Kevin Feige to just make it work because he's a genius.

I don't follow news updates on the MCU but I do trust him as an architect and I'm betting he's planning as we speak. 

On 1/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, musicmeta said:

I think it would be awesome if they did an X-Men series on Netflix and make it a bit gritty.  It would be something different than the usual X-Men type movies. 
...but please no more Phoenix reboots

Yeah they could end up introducing them away from the big screen on a streaming service assuming they ever do at all. Everyone assumes X-men will appear in some form but Feige may decide not to. My intuition is to believe a big splashy debut on the big screen is best but what do I know (shrug). I'm just hoping we don't get too many more Eternals, Captain Marvel type stuff before a major franchise comes in.

Oh Jesus If they ever do more Guardians of the galaxy :facepalm: :(

On 1/26/2022 at 5:49 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah they could end up introducing them away from the big screen on a streaming service assuming they ever do at all. Everyone assumes X-men will appear in some form but Feige may decide not to. My intuition is to believe a big splashy debut on the big screen is best but what do I know (shrug). I'm just hoping we don't get too many more Eternals

Ditch Eternals and Bring in the FF !  The FF done "right" that is.

Eternals from it's first series and all subsequent were boring uninteresting and sometimes unintelligible comics and the film was no different.

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/26/2022 at 2:19 AM, VintageComics said:

No, I'm torn as to what will happen when X-men movies start appearing with the rest of the Marvel characters. I've been talking with some friends and I'm not sure. Some think the title has more legs while others think the run of the last year has maxed it out. 

It's unprecedented territory.

Not a chance it maxed out! There's too much new blood in the hobby for at the very least, X1 and early new XM not to keep running. It is too popular of a title! Anything involving MCU will obviously supercharge this but I don't even believe that's necessary for this title to keep chugging along, albeit not as crazy as last year 2c

(1980) Moon Knight #1 madness?

Anyone get the logic behind the one at currently at $1325 with 42bids and 2 others with lower buy-it-nows?  All 3 are Direct sale and "wrap" looks to be equal on all and all are in current slabs. Seller feedback on each is 100%

$1325 Currently 42 bids https://www.ebay.com/itm/125104132059?hash=item1d20c98fdb:g:N98AAOSwb41h47gu

$1250 Buy-it-Now https://www.ebay.com/itm/265411381525?hash=item3dcbc04915:g:~P4AAOSwOrhhlleo

$1049 Buy-it-Now https://www.ebay.com/itm/165294617289?hash=item267c53b2c9:g:li8AAOSwiClh6vd-

Why pay $1325 or more when one can be had for $1025???

Edited by MAR1979

I’m having trouble grasping this giant splash the X-Men are going to make when they hit the MCU.   Everyone who watches Marvel movies watched at least a couple of the X-Men films.

If they can do it right, FF will make a splash.    The family dynamic of the team is what makes that book special. 

And the cosmic nature of their story, allows them to literally blast off right out the gate :Rocket:

Maybe it could be a  series rather than a movie at first.   Then once the world falls in love with the FF family, it jumps to the big screen with the introduction of Galactus.^^

On 1/26/2022 at 7:08 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m having trouble grasping this giant splash the X-Men are going to make when they hit the MCU.   Everyone who watches Marvel movies watched at least a couple of the X-Men films.

If they can do it right, FF will make a splash.    The family dynamic of the team is what makes that book special. 

And the cosmic nature of their story, allows them to literally blast off right out the gate :Rocket:

Maybe it could be a  series rather than a movie at first.   Then once the world falls in love with the FF family, it jumps to the big screen with the introduction of Galactus.^^

Hopefully with Terrax as herald!  Silver Surfer is wayyyyyy too whiny. I mean seriously Surfer, dude you look cool all Silver like and stuff but enough with the whining like a little b already.

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, MAR1979 said:

Anyone get the logic behind the one at currently at $1325 with 42bids and 2 others with lower buy-it-nows?  All 3 are Direct sale and "wrap" looks to be equal on all and all are in current slabs. Seller feedback on each is 100%

$1325 Currently 42 bids https://www.ebay.com/itm/125104132059?hash=item1d20c98fdb:g:N98AAOSwb41h47gu

$1250 Buy-it-Now https://www.ebay.com/itm/265411381525?hash=item3dcbc04915:g:~P4AAOSwOrhhlleo

$1049 Buy-it-Now https://www.ebay.com/itm/165294617289?hash=item267c53b2c9:g:li8AAOSwiClh6vd-

Low to no feedback bidders.

Chances are who ever wins will not pay. Probably just more attempts to push things like GPA up and make those others look like a good buy.

My 2c

On 1/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, musicmeta said:

The best I've seen for Marvel characters have been on Netflix...Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Punisher and Luke Cage were awesome to me...Especially Daredevil. Iron Fist was so so. Would have preferred a different actor to play Iron Fist. 

Watched every episode of all of these, but can't say I liked any of them very much.  Highest marks go to Punisher.

1. Daredevil.  One of my two favorites as a kid.  Really didn't like the actor.  Pretty sure he sniveled and moped through every episode of every season.

2. Luke Cage/Jessica Jones.  Passable, but couldn't really get into Luke Cage, and on Jessica Jones I just couldn't get past the actress.  Maybe I still saw her Breaking Bad character.

3. Iron Fist.  Just plain weak.

Punisher was the only one that I thought did justice to the character.  He really punished like crazy.  Maximum punishing.  Maybe even a bit too much punishing, if I'm being honest.  But still, best of the 5 by far, imo.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:41 PM, Poekaymon said:

Punisher was the only one that I thought did justice to the character.  He really punished like crazy.  Maximum punishing.  Maybe even a bit too much punishing, if I'm being honest.  But still, best of the 5 by far, imo.

:signfunny:

On 1/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, MAR1979 said:

I'm having a hard time accepting Moon Knight #1 valued this high.  I have a 9.8 copy and I'm happy for it but this is a 1980's book...9.8 copies everywhere.  I can't help but feel this book will drop like a rock once the Moon Knight series comes out.   Yes, why not save about $300 and take the BIN one at $1025...I guess they must really like the $1325 one.  Prices are insane on this book.   Tempted to sell mine but I have all 38 issues in 9.8 white and would hate to break up the run.
I could buy the #1 back later on though.