• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

6,940 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 6:19 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Low to no feedback bidders.

Chances are who ever wins will not pay. Probably just more attempts to push things like GPA up and make those others look like a good buy.

My 2c

Yeah,  that makes a little more sense why the price is that high..Low feedback bidders don't care how high it goes if they have no intentions of paying..but Hey we all started out with zero feedback on ebay when we started.  Maybe
the winning bidder will come thru and pay for it.  Time will tell.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:55 PM, musicmeta said:

Yeah,  that makes a little more sense why the price is that high..Low feedback bidders don't care how high it goes if they have no intentions of paying..but Hey we all started out with zero feedback on ebay when we started.  Maybe
the winning bidder will come thru and pay for it.  Time will tell.

This is why I said probably.  There is still a sucker born every minute.  Also the price can jump and if it does sell the others may bump their price. 

I would still bet this is not one of those instances.  

On 1/26/2022 at 7:50 PM, musicmeta said:

I'm having a hard time accepting Moon Knight #1 valued this high.  I have a 9.8 copy and I'm happy for it but this is a 1980's book...9.8 copies everywhere.  I can't help but feel this book will drop like a rock once the Moon Knight series comes out.   Yes, why not save about $300 and take the BIN one at $1025...I guess they must really like the $1325 one.  Prices are insane on this book.   Tempted to sell mine but I have all 38 issues in 9.8 white and would hate to break up the run.
I could buy the #1 back later on though.  

List the complete run as a single lot 

:flipbait:

On 1/26/2022 at 7:08 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

And the cosmic nature of their story, allows them to literally blast off right out the gate :Rocket:

Maybe it could be a  series rather than a movie at first.   Then once the world falls in love with the FF family, it jumps to the big screen with the introduction of Galactus.^^

I would love to see a time 60's piece ala X-men: Days Of Future Past with an FF #1 reboot, with a Thing that looks like the early Thing, pre rocks.

They can always have him evolve later. Not much gets me excited these days about movies, but that throwback piece would make me melt. 

On 1/26/2022 at 7:41 PM, Poekaymon said:

1. Daredevil.  One of my two favorites as a kid.  Really didn't like the actor.  Pretty sure he sniveled and moped through every episode of every season.

I thought this was BY FAR the best of the Netflix shows. I couldn't get into any of the others. 

On 1/25/2022 at 9:53 PM, Terry JSA said:

But 4 years later, everything’s even more money. I promise you we’re gonna look the market again from this point on only for it to be even more money in a couple of years.

Overall I don’t see this hobby getting weak for any reason and all I see is growth as there’s so many avenues people can use to get into comic collecting. 

Not sure if you are applying your conclusion here to books like Hulk 181 only, because it certainly doesn't apply in the case of overly hyped movie and TV related books that are readily available in grade and yet command out of this world prices before dropping back down to Earth to a significant extent when the movie or show comes out of has ended its run. :(

Clearly a phenomenon which we have seen repeated countless times in the past, and really no reason why we would not expect it to continue, as per a couple of posts from other boardies here:  hm  (shrug)

On 1/26/2022 at 4:50 PM, musicmeta said:

I'm having a hard time accepting Moon Knight #1 valued this high.  I have a 9.8 copy and I'm happy for it but this is a 1980's book...9.8 copies everywhere.  I can't help but feel this book will drop like a rock once the Moon Knight series comes out.   

Prices are insane on this book. 
I could buy the #1 back later on though.  

On 1/26/2022 at 4:53 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Just like the stock market.  Sell high , buy low.. 

On 1/27/2022 at 12:34 AM, lou_fine said:

Not sure if you are applying your conclusion here to books like Hulk 181 only, because it certainly doesn't apply in the case of overly hyped movie and TV related books that are readily available in grade and yet command out of this world prices before dropping back down to Earth to a significant extent when the movie or show comes out of has ended its run. :(

Clearly a phenomenon which we have seen repeated countless times in the past, and really no reason why we would not expect it to continue, as per a couple of posts from other boardies here:  hm  (shrug)

All I’m saying is I don’t see the market slowing down as there’s gonna be plenty of room for growth in this hobby.

Yes, I know everything is going to fluctuate, all books do that. My point being is that as long as there’s movies or TV shows related to comic books constantly happening, we can expect a lot of newcomers to pour money into this hobby.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:29 PM, Terry JSA said:

Yes, I know everything is going to fluctuate, all books do that.

Fluctuation is definitely right when it comes to some of the readily available movie hyped books as some of them have dropped by anywhere from 50% to 70%+ from their recent peaks.  :(

Pretty much in line with some of the speculative growth equity stocks which are trading based upon multiples to sales as they still don't have any profits yet, as many of these have also dropped by anywhere from 50% to 80% from their recent highs during the past few months.  :tonofbricks:

Here are the first three days of Session 3 - since this session is so large thought I would break it up a bit.    Some very interesting numbers scattered about in here (check out that Iron Fist 14 9.8 result - and building on the Moon Knight comments above - really strong 9.8 sale).    As with Session 1 - results seem to be stronger than the Dec CL auction.     Several books that were 40-50% higher than the Dec results.  

Enjoy.   Will try to post the last of the Session 3 results after they close next week.    

756429697_ScreenShot2022-01-29at9_29_02AM.png.46ff7ad52e4281536944bf65751eec98.png

1573134913_ScreenShot2022-01-29at9_29_23AM.thumb.png.dea951201e9cb832206989ed35257df0.png

1463648675_ScreenShot2022-01-29at9_30_10AM.png.205e37c09134147ab4f86289efa7b8fe.png

12088885_ScreenShot2022-01-29at9_30_44AM.png.af045c3ce5b6a789a1517f98be620d62.png

On 1/29/2022 at 10:22 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I remember that DD #168 9.8 sale for $13,200 ... completely insane, makes no sense.

I went back several times on some of these numbers to make sure I hadn't transposed something.