• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2021 at 2:54 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah. Cover is the same but the insides are different. The final five sticker is probably just so you can redeem it for the other copy. 

that would be a bad idea considering not everyone got a sticker.......living up to their name. 

On 8/18/2021 at 4:41 PM, NWOslave said:

that would be a bad idea considering not everyone got a sticker.......living up to their name. 

I'm not sure how hard it will be to get the other version if people know which retailers got what. There are quite a few online retailers who are part of Bad Idea now, and there are also retailers who list on eBay at cover. So, there are opportunities to get the other copy. 

On 8/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I'm not sure how hard it will be to get the other version if people know which retailers got what. There are quite a few online retailers who are part of Bad Idea now, and there are also retailers who list on eBay at cover. So, there are opportunities to get the other copy. 

im not putting that much effort into it. ive bought all the books so far and frankly im wore out from all the games and schemes and rules, buttons and stickers. first they force scarcity now i need to buy a second book to get the whole story. nah, im good. 

On 8/18/2021 at 5:32 PM, NWOslave said:

im not putting that much effort into it. ive bought all the books so far and frankly im wore out from all the games and schemes and rules, buttons and stickers. first they force scarcity now i need to buy a second book to get the whole story. nah, im good. 

Yeah, I get that. It’s one more hoop 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:19 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I guess there are two versions of Passive Aggressive. (link)

My copy is Aggressive. Haven't made it over to my second shop yet to see if it is the same copy.

Golden Apple Comics in California has Passive.  I just ordered mine from them after trying stores in Dallas and Houston, Annapolis and Norfolk, all had Aggressive.  Finally a few shops in Cali, 1st no shipment, 2nd "do you know what day it is, I am busy" was the response.  And lastly Golden Apple, total with shipping is $15 and some change.

On 8/18/2021 at 8:31 PM, warden5523 said:

Everyone is pretty sure it’s worked out that east coast got Aggressive and West coast got Passive.

Hopefully my TFAW order has passive. Deadline to redeem the Final Five stickers is August 25. 

On 8/18/2021 at 5:32 PM, NWOslave said:

I too am getting bad idea fatigue. 

On 8/18/2021 at 10:29 PM, Crops068 said:

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

May be an image of text

This is very silly. But I think we should take it to its logical conclusion. Hear me out, folks!

I'll print a 32 page comic. That's 8 folds, right? Except here's the catch. Each individual book only has one fold printed, and the rest are blank. Maybe I make them all just randomly distributed to encourage bulk buys. Or if one of the big stores wants to kick back enough cash, presto! Centerfold exclusive!

Trade with your friends! Order more copies online! It's like reading a comic, but more interactive! And later on, there can even be variant folds for extra collectibility! 

Now all I need is a publishing company to humor me... erm, to make my vision real, I mean. Hmm, the name Terrible Idea isn't taken yet, is it?

I was a Bad Idea enthusiast in the beginning, based mostly on the strength of Eniac. However, the gimmick novelty is now doing nothing but undermining the quality of the stories, creating too many barriers to just read the damn things. I'm not angry at them, I'm not a h8tor, I'm not frustrated or anything of the like. I've simply lost interest. 

On 8/19/2021 at 6:51 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Any idea on what this means? Will there be other sticker redemption opportunities?

1EE39F6C-97E2-4B3D-932F-C49F47279AC4.thumb.jpeg.693c3ff32e9ff44bb88d6d170a247a70.jpeg

I don’t believe the sticker will have another use. But that is just my opinion and could be wrong. 🙂

On 8/19/2021 at 7:53 AM, Crops068 said:

I don’t believe the sticker will have another use. But that is just my opinion and could be wrong. 🙂

I don’t think so either, but it’s a strange phrase.

I just wrote my last check the other day and doubt I’ll get replacements by the deadline, so my main concern is getting my wife to write me a check to the Cincinnati Kid with a straight face. 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:59 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I don’t think so either, but it’s a strange phrase.

I just wrote my last check the other day and doubt I’ll get replacements by the deadline, so my main concern is getting my wife to write me a check to the Cincinnati Kid with a straight face. 

Evidently Dinesh has verified that the sticker is JUST for Passive/Aggressive on Twitter.