• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
17 17

1,535 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 6:30 PM, szav said:

In news that I assure you is completely unrelated to my evolving views of the general grade acceptability of the pedigree as a whole, I was the unhinged bidder that won this.  While I don't foresee that I or my heirs will ever recover my initial expense, I shall none the less be quite happy owning this book, and it does look better in hand than in the HA scans in pretty much every respect (that last line I'm actually serious about).

YoungRomance15CGC96Promise.JPG

It's a beauty. Congrats!

On 8/27/2021 at 7:30 PM, szav said:

In news that I assure you is completely unrelated to my evolving views of the general grade acceptability of the pedigree as a whole, I was the unhinged bidder that won this.  While I don't foresee that I or my heirs will ever recover my initial expense, I shall none the less be quite happy owning this book, and it does look better in hand than in the HA scans in pretty much every respect (that last line I'm actually serious about).

I'm sure you will be very happy with her.

On 8/27/2021 at 7:30 PM, szav said:

Congrats Scott! Nice grab! :applause:

On 8/27/2021 at 7:27 PM, Terry JSA said:
On 8/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, MrBedrock said:

bigallamerican.jpg

Expand  

This is a nice one! :golfclap:

Yes, congrats to Richard as this indeed looks like a nice copy from the scan relative to grade and also at a reasonable price to boot.  :applause:

Especially since I've always loved these big squarebound books and it's hard to find a bigger one than this book here.  :luhv:   (thumbsu

On 8/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, MrBedrock said:

bigallamerican.jpg

Beautiful book Ritchie. I think we talked about it at Torpedo. Glad you landed it. One of my favorite DCs. Very under rated I think.

I love mine. Paid Redbeard $175. for mine back in the mid '80's and was so happy to get it. 

combigallamerican1.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 1:20 PM, Robot Man said:

Lordy!  Probably my favorite Friction House comic. Glad it went to a good home...

I thought of you as I was hammering the bid button!

On 9/9/2021 at 6:15 PM, bronze johnny said:

They may need to change the name of this pedigree to “Bedrock’s Promise Collection.”

I promise I only won one good book from the Collection this go-'round.