• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

September HA Auction Looking interesting
1 1

401 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 3:53 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Honestly, I don’t get it. The bad joke, yes, but the strip includes one of his worst Peanuts characters telling a Borscht Belt joke to his “friend.” Nothing special about the scene, except to drive home why Spike is a mediocre character. Certainly not a classic like Lucy pulling away the football. So why is this so desired?

Tim (as well as I) didn’t like a lot of the later Peanuts characters, especially Spike so when I saw it coming up I had to rib Tim about it but in true Tim form he played along with it. 

On 8/27/2021 at 7:46 AM, batman_fan said:

Tim (as well as I) didn’t like a lot of the later Peanuts characters, especially Spike so when I saw it coming up I had to rib Tim about it but in true Tim form he played along with it. 

I was afraid I was losing my sense of taste. If Shultz were alive today, I wonder if he would have Shroeder playing video grames.

On 8/27/2021 at 7:46 PM, batman_fan said:

But if there really was a strip with Spike, PP and Marcie all in it, I seriously would go after it hard. 

And if Woodstock was in it too? 

image.jpeg.6f853319a41afc4cece7779ff037c992.jpeg 

A number of pieces in the auction have had their reserves set (hammer price):

Frazetta "The Time That People Forgot"--$450k

Frazetta "Women of the Ages"--$25k

BWS Avengers 100 double splash--$115k

Steranko Captain America 113 double splash--$125k

Dave Stevens Elvira cover--$80k

On 9/2/2021 at 6:02 PM, tth2 said:

Don't know about the others but this seems pretty out there. The Kubla Khan one was on CC for some time for much less than this as I recall and is far superior, in my opinion, with the delicate dragon in the letters. Though I suppose this has the babe tax going for it. Still 30k for a logo, yikes. 

Edited by cstojano

On 9/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, cstojano said:
On 9/3/2021 at 9:02 AM, tth2 said:

Don't know about the others but this seems pretty out there. The Kubla Khan one was on CC for some time for much less than this as I recall and is far superior, in my opinion, with the delicate dragon in the letters. Though I suppose this has the babe tax going for it. Still 30k for a logo, yikes. 

That was my exact same reaction.

I don't see this one selling.

On 9/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, stinkininkin said:

Either this auction heralds the price correction on OA that some folks have been waiting for, or there is going to last second fireworks when the live bidding starts. Prices are still extremely low.

I am going to go WAY out on the limb and predict “last second fireworks”.  Prices are incredible low on a ton of stuff I am watching like 5% to 10% of where I expect them to close and there is no way they end at that level.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:07 PM, batman_fan said:

I am going to go WAY out on the limb and predict “last second fireworks”.  Prices are incredible low on a ton of stuff I am watching like 5% to 10% of where I expect them to close and there is no way they end at that level.

I know I have been waiting more and more for the final live bidding; no reason to give someone else a target to shoot at. Perhaps that’s the growing mindset.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:01 PM, stinkininkin said:

Either this auction heralds the price correction on OA that some folks have been waiting for, or there is going to last second fireworks when the live bidding starts. Prices are still extremely low.

I have a feeling NP Gresham is getting the bottle rockets ready as we speak