• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

September HA Auction Looking interesting
1 1

401 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2021 at 1:08 PM, grapeape said:

Sorry you’re right to be accurate: I’m shooting the breeze in the heat of the auction. I’m with you  

I believe I was under bidder, only reason I know. I use that to remind myself that if I want something, long term better to just go after it. 

On 9/11/2021 at 2:56 PM, G.A.tor said:

I believe I was under bidder, only reason I know. I use that to remind myself that if I want something, long term better to just go after it. 

Words to live by unless your wife will kill you if she finds out how much you spent.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:36 AM, stinkininkin said:

Biggest surprise of today? Has to be the Golden What If cover, yes? (terrific piece by the way)

I just started reviewing the prices tonight.  I think I have a good handle on the Alex Ross prices but almost $100,000 per cover for his treasuries really caught me off guard.  I am pretty sure this blows away the top prices of his other works and these are the highest prices his art ever sold for.  

On 9/11/2021 at 10:55 PM, Peter L said:

I just started reviewing the prices tonight.  I think I have a good handle on the Alex Ross prices but almost $100,000 per cover for his treasuries really caught me off guard.  I am pretty sure this blows away the top prices of his other works and these are the highest prices his art ever sold for.  

Yup, I’d like to think I follow the Alex Ross market pretty closely and I’m not aware of any public sales of Ross that even comes this close. The world’s most expensive head shots. 

On 9/11/2021 at 10:47 PM, G.A.tor said:

That implies the wife has money to put n an account hm  

Sounds like a win eithe way? (shrug)