• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

September HA Auction Looking interesting
1 1

401 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, vodou said:

Clarification: six figures or more on a single lot. Doing so multiple times over time too.

If you're not getting any love, you're not asking or not asking the right way.

And of course that would be asking before the sale, announcing your intention and being contractually bound to it.

First I’ve heard. And yes, I’ve spent 6 figures on a single lot dozens and dozens of times since 2002 

should clarify always on the comic side. I’ve only ever bid 6 figures 1x on art and lost 

Edited by G.A.tor

It should go without saying, but I'll write it anyway for everybody: all of my above comments assume you're paying cash, not consigning to future sales to "pay" for your wins in part or whole. That doesn't mean it's impossible to structure a deal in that manner, but Cash is King, everyone else: back of the line.

This is a very quiet auction thus far.  I suppose in part to the dog days of summer, but I can only imagine the rabid bidding frenzy set to occur during the live auction, with so much quality material at play.

and the November preview is already shaping up to be another stellar auction 🥳

On 8/23/2021 at 7:16 PM, vodou said:

It should go without saying, but I'll write it anyway for everybody: all of my above comments assume you're paying cash, not consigning to future sales to "pay" for your wins in part or whole. That doesn't mean it's impossible to structure a deal in that manner, but Cash is King, everyone else: back of the line.

so to clarify, you are stating that heritage has offered you, something most/all other bidders are not offered, in a public auction, the opportunity to reduce the buyer's premium you would pay for your bids?...

Edited by G.A.tor

On 8/20/2021 at 9:15 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Kirby FF cover already at $250K

Same price as the cheapest Cryptopunk NFT. 
image.thumb.png.03db88439b865351ff1995bb7eee1947.png
$250K for classic comic art looks positively dirt cheap by comparison. hm 

Edited by delekkerste

On 8/25/2021 at 10:29 AM, delekkerste said:

A friend/colleague of mine works for Visa crypto.  I'm positive she had a say in their Cryptopunk pickup.  Hell, I'd pick up a few if I could use Visa's warchest... lol

On 8/25/2021 at 1:36 PM, exitmusicblue said:

A friend/colleague of mine works for Visa crypto.  I'm positive she had a say in their Cryptopunk pickup.  Hell, I'd pick up a few if I could use Visa's warchest... lol

Visa spending $150K on a Cryptopunk for their collection of corporate commerce curiosities (how's that for alliteration :acclaim:) is like me spending $5 on a new comic book...nothing to read into IMO. lol 

Edited by delekkerste

On 8/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, delekkerste said:

I keep thinking that say 10 years from now all these NFT buyers will deeply regret having what is analogous to Dutch tulips…nice to look at but miserable investments. In 2031, no barriers to entry as anyone can crank out NFTs but the hundreds for free on their AI-enabled iPhone24s.  Just saying.  

On 8/25/2021 at 10:57 AM, GreatEscape said:

I keep thinking that say 10 years from now all these NFT buyers will deeply regret having what is analogous to Dutch tulips…nice to look at but miserable investments. In 2031, no barriers to entry as anyone can crank out NFTs but the hundreds for free on their AI-enabled iPhone24s.  Just saying.  

99% of NFTs are worthless.  But the ingrained powers-that-be for thingamajiggers like Cryptopunks, NBA Topshot, etc... aren't letting that happen.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:17 PM, cloud cloddie said:

Does anybody know if there’s an option of having something framed shipped frameless? There are a few pieces I’m eyeing that I have no desire for the frames, or to pay framed shipping costs. 

Yes. Or there was the last time I asked for it a few years ago.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, tth2 said:

They probably would not want the potential liability for damage from the unframing process.

When you ask, you agree to waive liability.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:24 PM, tth2 said:

They probably would not want the potential liability for damage from the unframing process.

Tim, be prepared to have your mind blown !

This amazing piece is coming up in Heritage’s November Auction.  Start saving your money now.

D2BF1ECE-A81F-4E4B-9E6A-488EAD6F0B92.jpeg

On 8/26/2021 at 11:22 PM, batman_fan said:

Tim, be prepared to have your mind blown !

This amazing piece is coming up in Heritage’s November Auction.  Start saving your money now.

D2BF1ECE-A81F-4E4B-9E6A-488EAD6F0B92.jpeg

:whatthe:

I just called my banker and was finally able to utter the 4 words that I was starting to think I would never be able to say:

"Blue Horseshoe loves Spike"

All assets are being liquidated so I can make a run at this.  

IT

WILL

BE

MINE

!

On 8/26/2021 at 6:57 PM, tth2 said:

:whatthe:

I just called my banker and was finally able to utter the 4 words that I was starting to think I would never be able to say:

"Blue Horseshoe loves Spike"

All assets are being liquidated so I can make a run at this.  

IT

WILL

BE

MINE

!

It is a peak strip into why pre-1970s were the best years 

At what dollar point would you buy the...uh..."Spike Strip" (in a non-ironic way that is)?

I'll buy nearly any piece of art if I truly believe it is being grossly undervalued by the seller. What would be the top amount people would pay for this even if they hated it as a concept? 6k?072309.SpikeStrips_gh_004.jpg.22f8c5bdf50394a62984c0ed754d3887.jpg

Edited by zhamlau

On 8/26/2021 at 9:14 PM, batman_fan said:

It is a peak strip into why pre-1970s were the best years 

Honestly, I don’t get it. The bad joke, yes, but the strip includes one of his worst Peanuts characters telling a Borscht Belt joke to his “friend.” Nothing special about the scene, except to drive home why Spike is a mediocre character. Certainly not a classic like Lucy pulling away the football. So why is this so desired?

Edited by Rick2you2