• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

September HA Auction Looking interesting
1 1

401 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2021 at 10:36 PM, comiconxion said:

How come no one has mentioned $93k for a New Mutants #98 page that doesn’t have Deadpool on it?   And the ink is fading!   

There's too much insanity/stupidity to write about; some stuff is bound to fall through the cracks. 

On 9/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, dspair said:

Uh…$108k for the Byrne X-men panel page!  

I'm not surprised. The way other stuff has been selling, the better/best Byrne X-Men interiors should be $100K+ now.  It would make no sense for a page like this to be selling for, say, $50-65K in this market when far lesser stuff is selling at/near/above that level and beyond.

On 9/12/2021 at 7:13 PM, Mickey7 said:

Thought I had a chance at a nice G.I. Joe page, but I couldn't justify bidding more than the $6,900 that won it.  

The #27 page?  I think it ended at $6600.  I believe I was the underbidder unless my proxy bid got squeezed out by a prior.  Super memorable content for me, but, I just couldn't justify going into the $7Ks (including sales tax, the bane of my OA buying existence) for that page; I mean, the Springer/Mushynsky-drawn page is really not easy on the eyes. :eek: 

On 9/3/2021 at 5:01 PM, stinkininkin said:

Either this auction heralds the price correction on OA that some folks have been waiting for, or there is going to last second fireworks when the live bidding starts. Prices are still extremely low.

To The Moon Space GIF

On 9/13/2021 at 12:38 PM, delekkerste said:

The #27 page?  I think it ended at $6600.  I believe I was the underbidder unless my proxy bid got squeezed out by a prior.  Super memorable content for me, but, I just couldn't justify going into the $7Ks (including sales tax, the bane of my OA buying existence) for that page; I mean, the Springer/Mushynsky-drawn page is really not easy on the eyes. :eek: 

You are right, it did end at $6,600.  I think maybe the next bid would have taken it over $6,900 which I would have been unwilling to do.  You are also right that this Springer page wasn't easy on eyes eyes, but it did have great content, and was  a very memorable issue.  I was looking at it through my 12 year old self eyes and would have loved to have gotten it.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:11 PM, batman_fan said:

Yes, I am still trying to clean up the mess I made all over myself when I saw it hammer (thank god for power washers!).  I thought over $100k was possible but more $120k not $360k.  It was a special case Sunday with an iconic speech by Linus but wow.

Could it be explained by outside investors? This stuff has a guaranteed market.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:12 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Could it be explained by outside investors? This stuff has a guaranteed market.

I have no idea.  There was a point in time when people thought Schulz estate was buying the material coming to market but I don’t know if I believe that.  I suspect it was a Schulz collector with deep pockets and a love for the 1960’s Christmas show.  It is amazing month after month numerous strips come to market and sell for very strong prices coupled with very little turn over which implies to me people buying and holding. 

On 9/17/2021 at 8:50 AM, Matches_Malone said:

Did Drigenber's Sandman House Ad (Morpheus 1st appearance) underperformed?  I was expecting higher.

I was blown away by the price, and yet there seems to be a general sense of disappointment about the price?  Wow.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:51 PM, tth2 said:

I was blown away by the price, and yet there seems to be a general sense of disappointment about the price?  Wow.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, John E. said:

It also blew past what Albert Moy was willing to pay for it. 

And somehow it feels low.  I wouldn't be surprised if it hits the open market again after the Netflix show it's on full swing. 

Other results that raised my interest but haven’t been discussed on this thread include the Marshall Law cover for $50K, and the Mazz DD page for $33K.  The DD page is the third page from issue #233 to sell this year, and makes me wonder if somebody is methodically breaking up the issue piecemeal 🤔

Original Comic Art:Covers, Kevin O'Neill Marshal Law: Cloak of Evil Cover Original Art (Titan Books, 2003)....
Original Comic Art:Story Page, David Mazzucchelli Daredevil #233 Story Page 25 "Born Again" Original Art (Marvel, 1986)....

On 9/17/2021 at 12:25 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Other results that raised my interest but haven’t been discussed on this thread include the Marshall Law cover for $50K, and the Mazz DD page for $33K.  The DD page is the third page from issue #233 to sell this year, and makes me wonder if somebody is methodically breaking up the issue piecemeal 🤔

Original Comic Art:Covers, Kevin O'Neill Marshal Law: Cloak of Evil Cover Original Art (Titan Books, 2003)....
Original Comic Art:Story Page, David Mazzucchelli Daredevil #233 Story Page 25 "Born Again" Original Art (Marvel, 1986)....

Albert said he broke this issue up many years ago on Bill's auction recap show