• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

I promised I would show more bugs slabs if I found some and I forgot about this one because it's so minor compared to the Captain Carrot, but I now remember I did send this one to Alex back (pic #4 was sent to Alex) in June when I sent a bunch of pics to him regarding the white/marks/scuffs/scratches to inner well. This is a prime example of what I was talking about there being these bug exoskeleton things just free flowing in the open top cgc poly bag ( I thought I tossed most of the bugs from the slabs but here are some more and they are much smaller than the bugs in captain carrot slab as these are not whole insect exoskeletons but small pieces)

Pic #1 small bug exoskeleton piece on lower left side 

Pic #2 This bottom of from slab flipped up so you can better see these tiny bug exoskeletons that are on the outer case from the inside of the open top cgc poly bag (bug pieces to the very left right in the bottom corner and one towards middle.

Pic #3 front slab image

Pic #4 This is the original pic I took when I was looking more for white/marks/scuffs/scratches that was sent to Alex back in June in that batch of images sent to him. If you look very closely towards the bottom inside of case you can see the very tiny insect pieces at bottom of case.

Honestly, this is pretty insignificant as far as bugs but when you have like 10 or so of these slabs that have bug bodies inside the poly bag it does adds up, but this is one I never wanted a partial for as I didn't think it was big enough to complain about, but it is very educational and I thought I just note it here for educational purposes only not to complain. Because these slabs are mine No more complaints from me!

alex xmen bug inside slab 1.jpeg

alex xmen bug 2.jpeg

alex xmen whole comic shot.jpeg

alex xmen bug.jpeg

Edited by Golden Pete

sssssshhhh! You're gonna wake him up! :sumo:

(to no one in particular) while we would like a quick and clean resolution I think Alex has the right to take a few days and decide what he wants to do since this thread exploded after many moons.  He isn't obligated to jump when summoned.

OP is a thief, plain and simple.  The lack of consent makes it so.  Shoving money across doesn't change that one bit, legally btw, and the fact the he thinks it does is disturbing.  Add to that the assertion, more than once, that "I COULD have kept both the books and the money...but I didn't!" as a claim to virtue is also disturbing.  It's proof of a broken moral compass, not a righteous one.

Hall of Shame worthy, in my mind.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:32 AM, crassus said:

Its this part of it that still confuses me. The use of the words "right" and "property". The moment you filed the PayPal claim for a refund Alex was free to send the refund and you would have to return the books. The moment that request for a refund was sent it reset everything. That Alex sent the refund outside of PayPal (if that is indeed what happened) does not change anything in fact. Whatever PayPal says, I appreciate that you realize that you are not free to also keep the books and his money. I appreciate that you keep sending the money back to him. But he is no longer obligated to complete this transaction, that obligation ended the moment you sent the PayPal claim and he sent the money back to you. And so unless Alex is deciding to gift you  the books to make you go away, or he has decided of his own free will to reboot the deal and try again, you are obligated to accept the refund you requested, and to return his books. 

Normally that would conclude this unhappy misadventure, once you had your refund and he had his books back, you would come off the PL. IMO your insistence on keeping books that you the buyer were disappointed with (bugs!) seems odd. You are not required to do penance. This is not a church or a cult, you do not have to undergo a "rite of passage" to prove yourself worthy to buy or sell here, or do posting gymnastics to earn back peoples respect. For the record, the rules here are focused on holding people to their obligations, without prejudice to any. Is Alex still obligated to do business with you? At the start, yes, you both had obligations. Since you tried to leverage him with a PayPal claim, and he refunded your money, I'm thinking he doesn't want to do business with you anymore. My concern is that by continually throwing money at Alex and carpet bombing this PL thread you are trying to wear him out and exhaust him to the point where he will let you resurrect and rewrite a transaction that he doesn't want and should already be dead. Just my 2c

Hall Of Shame worthy? If so then do what you all like. It's fine.

I would never keep a refund plus the books; hence the $828 that I have sent.

And I spoke to PayPal again today and the $927 he sent on the 28th is still pending and it is pending because it is a echeck it can take 5-7 days to clear. 

The $828 that I have sent that was not pending that he keeps bouncing back is probably because he is stopping payment of his echeck to force me to send these back to him; that's fine.

So when he bounces the echeck to effectively open a PayPal case which is currently closed...

This is clearly a waste of time for me to keep coming on here however much I enjoyed the great conversation on here; so I just listed the facts above and we wait as this is what Alex clearly wants to keep dragging out this situation. I tried to do what many suggested here by just sending money to him to make it right now that I did that everyone is saying the contrary. So I digress.

People have said to do this and then when I do it...oh man you messed up Pete why you doing that you forcing money down his throat.

Then someone will say just back off and when I back off why are you not more motivated get this resolved.

I have tried to do the "right thing" and now just keep the items and live with the slabs and getting them reslabbed on my own dime and to just move on and not keep dragging this out weeks more by sending items back. So every time I bend I get knocked back and no problem, I get it.

However, it seems I can do no right so you guys please do whatever you want! Think of more things wrong that I'm doing.

So you all do whatever you want and it is clear to me I will be on here forever! I love it here! 

I'm out. And now continue the lambasting of Golden Pete..

On 10/30/2021 at 7:47 AM, Dr. Love said:

OP is a thief, plain and simple.  The lack of consent makes it so.  Shoving money across doesn't change that one bit, legally btw, and the fact the he thinks it does is disturbing.  Add to that the assertion, more than once, that "I COULD have kept both the books and the money...but I didn't!" as a claim to virtue is also disturbing.  It's proof of a broken moral compass, not a righteous one.

OP is Alex btw...yep he's a thief alright!

SO everyone here that is stuck on my use of "could have" is because I'm referencing something from page 1 of this thread of what @mattn792 has said about my trnasaction with him and I quote word for word here, "EDIT: Let me add one more positive too -- I slightly mis-addressed the shipping label when I sent my books; Peter flagged this when I sent him a photo of the shipping label for tracking purposes.  Entirely my fault as I had read the shipping address wrong.  I was able to get in touch with Peter's local PO, explain my mistake, and they took care of it so that the books were delivered successfully.  But had Peter wanted to be devious about it, he could've played the "nope, never arrived card", and we could've wound up in a urinating competition.  But there was no hint of any deviousness like that."

No further comment.

On 10/30/2021 at 7:24 AM, Bird said:

sssssshhhh! You're gonna wake him up! :sumo:

(to no one in particular) while we would like a quick and clean resolution I think Alex has the right to take a few days and decide what he wants to do since this thread exploded after many moons.  He isn't obligated to jump when summoned.

Brid, don't worry... I'm out. I'm responding to these last messages and I'm done as this is clearly not helping anything on here by my responses or doing what people are saying for me to do.. it is just making things worse.

Have a great one everyone! now let the silence resume...:whistle:

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/30/2021 at 5:32 AM, crassus said:

Its this part of it that still confuses me. The use of the words "right" and "property". The moment you filed the PayPal claim for a refund Alex was free to send the refund and you would have to return the books. The moment that request for a refund was sent it reset everything. That Alex sent the refund outside of PayPal (if that is indeed what happened) does not change anything in fact. Whatever PayPal says, I appreciate that you realize that you are not free to also keep the books and his money. I appreciate that you keep sending the money back to him. But he is no longer obligated to complete this transaction, that obligation ended the moment you sent the PayPal claim and he sent the money back to you. And so unless Alex is deciding to gift you  the books to make you go away, or he has decided of his own free will to reboot the deal and try again, you are obligated to accept the refund you requested, and to return his books. 

Normally that would conclude this unhappy misadventure, once you had your refund and he had his books back, you would come off the PL. IMO your insistence on keeping books that you the buyer were disappointed with (bugs!) seems odd. You are not required to do penance. This is not a church or a cult, you do not have to undergo a "rite of passage" to prove yourself worthy to buy or sell here, or do posting gymnastics to earn back peoples respect. For the record, the rules here are focused on holding people to their obligations, without prejudice to any. Is Alex still obligated to do business with you? At the start, yes, you both had obligations. Since you tried to leverage him with a PayPal claim, and he refunded your money, I'm thinking he doesn't want to do business with you anymore. My concern is that by continually throwing money at Alex and carpet bombing this PL thread you are trying to wear him out and exhaust him to the point where he will let you resurrect and rewrite a transaction that he doesn't want and should already be dead. Just my 2c

No one says that he is obligated to continue any transaction. I have said that very clearly. @crassus you're very reasonable and at this point I'm just going to let whatever Alex is doing with his echeck play out....whether he stops the payment so the case opens back up and he forces (oh no I used a word force can't wait if someone down the line is going to nitpick this word to)  the items to be sent back or whatever run it's course. 

Thank you everyone and have a blessed day my friends and keep chatting amongst yourselves here.

Welcome to my probation chat!

On 10/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, Pontoon said:

I think Crassus has summarized the situation perfectly.

Thank god because otherwise trying to read this thread is like trying to read through a kaleidoscope. 

On 10/30/2021 at 9:47 AM, Dr. Love said:

Remind us what exactly he has stolen / attempted to steal?

On 10/30/2021 at 3:53 PM, Buzzetta said:
On 10/30/2021 at 1:12 PM, mattn792 said:

Remind us what exactly he has stolen / attempted to steal?

Our hearts

Our time? 

Alex H's patients?  

Still love Buzzetta's answer.. :roflmao: