• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

I can't say that I have that much to contribute here, I come to hear stories from our senior members that I wouldn't hear anywhere else.  People in the Facebook groups, on the other hand, have much to learn.  I've got plenty to say there.

Another factor is the slowdown in the sales forums.  When there were more sales threads, it was more enticing to log in and see what was going on.  After checking the sales, I'd wander through General, then the ages.

On 10/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, Cliff R. said:

Thank you so much.  It's been tough keeping my rigid posting schedule, there were times I didn't think that I could go on.  

If anyone wants to check their "post to days" ratio, here's a day to day calculator.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiZmsy58-jzAhWKAp0JHe06BtEQFnoECAEQAg&usg=AOvVaw2n4qikr1PuatzwJYCTdUrG

It is 4802 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 13 years, 1 month, 24 days excluding the end date.

:fear:I'm old :preach:

On 10/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, FineCollector said:

I can't say that I have that much to contribute here, I come to hear stories from our senior members that I wouldn't hear anywhere else.  People in the Facebook groups, on the other hand, have much to learn.  I've got plenty to say there.

Another factor is the slowdown in the sales forums.  When there were more sales threads, it was more enticing to log in and see what was going on.  After checking the sales, I'd wander through General, then the ages.

Ehh... I think the selling action is more elsewhere for a lot of things. 

I just moved a bunch of Lego things to FB - SW Lego and Superhero stuff and got full ask where here they say despite being asked to offer things.

Not going to delve too much into it but there is a crowd around here that would ask for a better price on an item even if I was offering something for free. 

On 10/26/2021 at 9:50 AM, jsilverjanet said:
On 10/26/2021 at 9:06 AM, mec3437 said:

The CG section, while containing some good topics, seems to devolve more into "That's what she said" bullcrap after the first page or two of posts.  

thank you for sharing. I agree as stated earlier, I see how those types of comments can be a turn off. We should be more inclusive and not derail topics for the amusement of some.

I'll share you thoughts with others.

:foryou:

let's try and keep this a thread on track (see above). I don't want to notify moderation but will if I have to keep this thread from being hijaked or derailed. There are countless other threads for that type of posting, please refrain from doing it here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:55 AM, thesink said:

I can tell you why I "lurk" without posting. Every thread turns into inside or private jokes. To post something you either have to be in before the rest of the group or risk "derailing" their conversation. This is what happens to forums when they've been around a long time and there is probably nothing you can do. 

It goes in cycles. The derailers now are the ones who stomped their feet before about threads being derailed in the past. lol

On 10/25/2021 at 10:11 PM, kav said:
On 10/25/2021 at 8:30 PM, jsilverjanet said:

one thing I’ve heard especially about Comics General is that many threads are dominated by the same group of people or the same types of posts 

who have you heard this from?

I thought this post was on topic.   Didnt get a reply.  (shrug)

On 10/26/2021 at 3:57 PM, kav said:

I thought this post was on topic.   Didnt get a reply.  (shrug)

Im sorry but the member you are trying to reach has blocked you. Please try again later….and stay on topic. Thank you for your cooperation so I don’t have to tell the mod on you.

1 of 20