• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Senior members need to like and reply to posts they cruise by. If you see something funny, hit like. If someone mentions you, or replies to your post, respond. :baiting: :foryou:

This is good advice for a strong community👍‼️😷🎶🎶

On 10/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, CAHokie said:

In the spirit of the thread, I would say to those hesitant to post, dont be. Everyone brings something to the table. Some more than others but so what. Enjoy the board and have fun!

I have no doubt that those who choose to be silent all have something to bring, but I wouldn't say "everyone" overall. There are scragglers every now and then.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:30 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I was having a discussion in the moderation thread to increase the participation on the boards of more boardies

one thing I’ve heard especially about Comics General is that many threads are dominated by the same group of people or the same types of posts 

but what do the rest of you say? I would love to hear more opinions and insight from those of you who don’t post as much as the “top posters”

i need to shut up more and listen 

So why don’t you post more?

I applaud this thread. Unfortunately it’s been taken over by non-lurkers.

doh!

On 10/27/2021 at 9:25 AM, FoggyNelson said:
On 10/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Senior members need to like and reply to posts they cruise by. If you see something funny, hit like. If someone mentions you, or replies to your post, respond. :baiting: :foryou:

This is good advice for a strong community👍‼️😷🎶🎶

Personally, I abhor the 'LIKE' feature.

I think it's divisive in many ways and IMO it's psychologically bad for society because it attributes success or failure to a post through the meaningless recognition of strangers on the internet (something social media is aware of but does it because it makes them more money).

I use it but only started recently. For years I avoided it. I might start doing so again.

In the case of this thread, I'm doing it just for fun but I'd personally prefer it was gone....but that will never happen.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:39 AM, bentbryan said:

I applaud this thread. Unfortunately it’s been taken over by non-lurkers.

doh!

We're just trying to help. :foryou:

On 10/27/2021 at 9:10 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

To reiterate, my goal is to have 1000 posts by ... on ... at ... ... ... ... ... eventually.

This is a great example of someone with few posts but is a constructive member of the community. I've done lots of business with you, your posts are generally well thought out and informative to me and you're comfortable with just having a few post counts! :headbang:

On 10/27/2021 at 10:55 AM, VintageComics said:

This is a great example of someone with few posts but is a constructive member of the community. I've done lots of business with you, your posts are generally well thought out and informative to me and you're comfortable with just having a few post counts! :headbang:

That has always baffled me, that post counts are bothersome?

It's like people don't know that there have been grading contests and SO MANY OTHER CONTESTS, that require posting.....

Santa, raffles, and even the given example of the PGM forum.

BUT some are like, gee that person has a lot of posts! 

I personally post a lot of acquisitions and con threads but to each their own :banana:

On 10/27/2021 at 11:05 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's like people don't know that there have been grading contests and SO MANY OTHER CONTESTS, that require posting.....

Santa, raffles, and even the given example of the PGM forum.

BUT some are like, gee that person has a lot of posts! 

and sometimes it takes 2 posts to relay my point lol 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's no big deal. Someone's post content is much more important to me than a post count.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:10 AM, VintageComics said:

It's no big deal. Someone's post content is much more important to me than a post count.

True. Sometimes I DO have my goof off days too, so there is that 😂 but I do put forth some effort to have fun when the contests are available.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I'm not aware of the back story here, but on what planet is calling someone a "turd" not hilarious? Turd is an inherently funny word. I don't make the rules.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

Please stop telling people how to post.  That is the problem.  Maybe take a break for a while.  There has been a problem in 3 threads this week and it is only Tuesday.  

did you send him to the cornfield?