• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2021 at 6:09 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Not exactly responsive to the question, but I "lurked" for probably six months before joining/starting to post.  This was primarily because - as noted ad nauseum - I'd been out of the hobby for 45 years and it's completely different than when I left.  Steep learning curve which I'm still on.  Now I probably post too much - idle hands are the Devil's workshop :devil::headbang:

Two things I'd echo: I also delete many posts before hitting "submit reply" - not just dumb, childish or mean ones, but stuff that upon reflection isn't really adding anything to the conversation.

For those who hesitate due to reading mean treatment of some posters and/or piling on, or the pointless bickering, I completely agree.  People will have their Sacred Cows but that kind of thing is discouraging.

You may think it adds nothing but it may stimulate conversation or lead it into a new area. Post next time!

On 10/26/2021 at 5:53 PM, speedcake said:

I don't post alot in many threads because I don't know alot of boardies personally, like it seems many here do, and I feel out of place sometimes. I think this is mostly just a personal problem, but it would be nice to meet more people IRL. That shouldn't be necessary to feel comfortable on an internet forum, of course.

I have only met a few in person but there are several I talk to in pms like I have known them for years. It just develops over time naturally. 

On 10/27/2021 at 1:22 AM, CGC Mike said:

Please stop telling people how to post.  That is the problem.  Maybe take a break for a while.  There has been a problem in 3 threads this week and it is only Tuesday.  

:applause:

Thanks. 

On 10/27/2021 at 1:42 AM, ThothAmon said:

Truthfully, I write a lot of posts that I never hit send. I try to follow the adage “better to be thought the fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.”

No-one could ever think that about you John.  At least no-one with a brain. :foryou:

On 10/27/2021 at 3:10 AM, CAHokie said:

it actually achieved its posted intent. Imagine that!  

It's posted intent was to cause disruption. That is all.

Anything that comes from it that is positive is purely coincidental and not intended. Trust me.

On 10/27/2021 at 3:11 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That’s shocking. 
but you know what? I liked both you guys before, and I like both of you still. 

And I like you too...but we should put off picking out curtains for a while.  :insane:

On 10/26/2021 at 7:12 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

It's posted intent was to cause disruption. That is all.

Anything that comes from it that is positive is purely coincidental and not intended. Trust me.

I trust you.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:28 PM, skypinkblu said:

I have to really work at remembering names, so I have always tried to do that. Bird just said it made him uncomfortable, that never occured to me, I was trying to make other people feel comfortable. 

I'm going to try and mix that up a bit;) :foryou:

I was just thinking it was nice to see your name again (speedcake;) 

possibly speedcake is his real name!!  it happens.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, CAHokie said:

In the spirit of the thread, I would say to those hesitant to post, dont be. Everyone brings something to the table. Some more than others but so what. Enjoy the board and have fun!

I said it better than you did. :slapfight: