• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truckee meadows collection
13 13

216 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2022 at 5:34 AM, lighthouse said:

As you can see in the pic there are three of them. I don’t recall the condition but I believe they are nice. I remember one has a GreggyNutsackCrease on the front cover. And one is definitely cut higher than the other two.

But it will be a while before I get to those.

Shoot me a PM and I’ll add it to the request list and circle back when the time comes.98B5652F-2BAA-4DD0-BD8E-4B1A30BD0BE4.jpeg.6966a91e28414bd22ceec4acb82ecfd9.jpeg

The freshness, deep color strike and juicy look of the Truckee books are truly incredible.

I was comparing the 9.2 ff1  to the white mountain FF 1 9.2

The Truckee copy imo BLOWS away the WM copy in terms of freshness, whiteness and depth of color strike....just a far superior copy

On 3/28/2022 at 11:28 AM, lighthouse said:

Many many many hours of research looking for a name where we would “own” the Google results. Needed both domains to be available (both with and without comics on the end). Needed zero divergent results from existing companies. Google something like “comic cavern” and you get stores in five different states plus mistakes like a roadside attraction. You have to work hard to swim uphill in that scenario.

And needed to be something with comic ties. The word “omega” gets used in a ton of comic stuff from omega level mutants to Darkseid’s omega beams to a slew of comic stories using it in the title. A good “comicky” name.

And I like frogs. :)

I own www.flyingdonut.com. I get maybe 20 emails a month from people looking for software. I nicely point them to www.flyingdonut.io. You need to look at this stuff.

On 4/3/2022 at 12:13 AM, innocuous said:

So many white pagers! I'm curious if these were also hand-picked for perfect centering.

So far I’ve seen 38 silver grades from CGC. 38 out of 38 white.

Including some combinations of words you rarely see together.

0DE448F5-21A3-4F6C-8D1E-52A469325298.jpeg.de9e6d816aec1658cf908b791e187d16.jpeg

Like “1962” and “DC” and “9.4” and “White”.

There are LOTS of books in this collection that are only “really pretty white paged 8.5 Silver”. But I think even those will find good homes.

Edited by lighthouse

On 4/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, EmilC said:

Amazing collection and incredible to have white pages after 60 years! That closet must have been at a perfect temperature and humidity level.

For perspective on the humidity, I can open a bag of Doritos, eat a few, leave the bag just sitting open on the kitchen counter… and five days later those chips are still completely fresh and crunchy.

When I lived in Texas, you had maybe an hour or two and the chips were already getting stale.

On 4/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, EmilC said:

Amazing collection and incredible to have white pages after 60 years! That closet must have been at a perfect temperature and humidity level.

I lived in Northern California my whole life. Even in the Central Valley where it actually has four seasons, the summertime can be unbearable, but it was dry heat and the breezes came in the evening. All the books I have submitted that I bought off the rack came back white pages.