• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truckee meadows collection
13 13

216 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2022 at 1:02 AM, tth2 said:

Feh, just a Marvel!

:baiting:

yes but a 10-center, so that should count for something in your cold, black DC heart. it doesn't in mine, but i am giving you the benefit of the doubt seeing as you're such a nice fellow

On 4/22/2022 at 8:59 PM, Sal said:
On 4/22/2022 at 1:02 PM, tth2 said:

Feh, just a Marvel!

:baiting:

yes but a 10-center, so that should count for something in your cold, black DC heart. it doesn't in mine, but i am giving you the benefit of the doubt seeing as you're such a nice fellow

I guess I could deign to own it.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:24 AM, lighthouse said:

Here’s an intentionally blurry pic. Just so the focus can be on the centering.

02EBB7B5-CF35-486D-9815-16B24B952859.jpeg.f0e551701558c1680ba58e8fa8f779b3.jpeg

I have a couple (nowhere near 9.0!), and below is the better centered one of those two.  At the time, I grabbed it b/c it was a unicorn pence, not appreciating the centering until much later.  Sometimes I'm a bit oblivious like that.   

2112348918_Screenshot(637).png.0087411d687473ecd9222def95549fd3.png

Edited by Pantodude

On 4/22/2022 at 2:25 PM, Pantodude said:

I have a couple (nowhere near 9.0!), and below is the better centered one of those two.  At the time, I grabbed it b/c it was a unicorn pence, not appreciating the centering until much later.  Sometimes I'm a bit oblivious like that.   

2112348918_Screenshot(637).png.0087411d687473ecd9222def95549fd3.png

Art above the IND

Art below Reed’s foot

Art left of THE

Art right of the price circle

That’s some sweet centering. And nice and straight too. Clean Featuring box down the right edge.

Definitely a nice copy!

On 4/23/2022 at 10:46 PM, lighthouse said:

Did someone say OOHGSADC?

This one is in a May 2 weekly.

BD089B15-AF77-4F92-AD8B-2A893419E219.jpeg

Nice!  And better centered than most copies of this book, which tend to be miswrapped.

This is the kind of collection wherein it would really have been nice for CGC to offer up a custom label.  It's a shame the provenance of these OO books is going to get essentially wiped out by dispersal in the market, like the Jon Berk/Mound City/Slobodian/Cleveland etc runs.  A custom label wouldn't of course guarantee anything after sales but it's a shame the hobby's two options are Pedigree and bupkiss.

Hell, even a sticker would have been cool. I for one will never resub my old slab Pac Coast books with the stickers.  It's history-within-history for me.  Annnnnyway...

On 4/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, Sal said:

This is the kind of collection wherein it would really have been nice for CGC to offer up a custom label.  It's a shame the provenance of these OO books is going to get essentially wiped out by dispersal in the market, like the Jon Berk/Mound City/Slobodian/Cleveland etc runs.  A custom label wouldn't of course guarantee anything after sales but it's a shame the hobby's two options are Pedigree and bupkiss.

Hell, even a sticker would have been cool. I for one will never resub my old slab Pac Coast books with the stickers.  It's history-within-history for me.  Annnnnyway...

Agree. The Berk books were labelled though. At least mine was. Or did you mean just the Silver?

Edited by october

On 4/24/2022 at 4:56 PM, Sal said:

Fwiw I will be doing COAs for every book I sell from the collection, both raw and slabbed. Heritage won’t be selling any of the raw books, and every listing they do from the collection is searchable as Truckee Meadows on their website forever.

The only five books “sold” so far are the first five from the April Signature. No other books have yet sold (though many are in Heritage’s pipeline). I’ve taken offers on a few, both raw and slabbed. But no other books have been transacted yet.

On 4/24/2022 at 5:27 PM, lighthouse said:

Fwiw I will be doing COAs for every book I sell from the collection, both raw and slabbed. Heritage won’t be selling any of the raw books, and every listing they do from the collection is searchable as Truckee Meadows on their website forever.

The only five books “sold” so far are the first five from the April Signature. No other books have yet sold (though many are in Heritage’s pipeline). I’ve taken offers on a few, both raw and slabbed. But no other books have been transacted yet.

:applause:

On 4/25/2022 at 8:42 PM, Sal said:
On 4/25/2022 at 5:53 AM, october said:

Agree. The Berk books were labelled though. At least mine was. Or did you mean just the Silver?

Can't be sure, but i suspect i was thinking about the David N. Toth books.  Hell, who knows these days my brain looks at a sieve with jealousy

I think you're thinking about the Toth books.  Many of them have resold on Heritage with nary a reference to their provenance.