• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truckee meadows collection
13 13

216 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2022 at 6:43 PM, lighthouse said:

I’ll ask Heritage to hurry up.

They might listen to me. When you give them a $1.5 million book to sell, the customer service level is as sweet as a pile of Greggy’s Bronze Age DC Romances.

Was chatting with my consignment director today about upcoming books. He told me the April auction was a new record at $27m. I was $2m of it.

It’s crazy to me to even type that. But there it is.

Received a few more grades from CGC today. Nine more Silver Age with white pages. That’s now 47 out of 47. At some point I’m sure an OWW will sneak in, but so far perfectly white.

Today’s grades:

9.4 x2 (one each from DC and Marvel)

9.0 x2

8.5 x2

8.0 x2

Some of these will be in Heritage’s  June Signature auction. Some will likely be headed to future weeklies.

Also got grades back on a couple Golden Age. 6.5 and 6.0, both OWW.

On 4/8/2022 at 5:43 PM, lighthouse said:
On 4/8/2022 at 5:40 PM, Dark Knight said:

I wanna know already :pullhair:

I’ll ask Heritage to hurry up.

They might listen to me. When you give them a $1.5 million book to sell, the customer service level is as sweet as a pile of Greggy’s Bronze Age DC Romances.

Aren't these your books you are consigning? Can't you just say what they are?

On 4/19/2022 at 9:48 AM, manetteska said:

The Heritage marketing team has been exceptionally gracious with some requests I have made of them.

I’m returning that courtesy by allowing them to control the release schedule when it comes to the bigger books.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:04 PM, lighthouse said:
On 4/19/2022 at 11:48 AM, manetteska said:

The Heritage marketing team has been exceptionally gracious with some requests I have made of them.

I’m returning that courtesy by allowing them to control the release schedule when it comes to the bigger books.

They are being gracious b/c you are bringing them lots of money.

I'm not saying you have to dictate when the books are auctioned on their platform, but you can say what they are.

On 4/20/2022 at 2:06 AM, manetteska said:

They are being gracious b/c you are bringing them lots of money.

I'm not saying you have to dictate when the books are auctioned on their platform, but you can say what they are.

It's called building up the suspense! 

On 4/21/2022 at 8:21 PM, lighthouse said:

Since multiple people sent PMs correctly guessing (and I left clues like, everywhere)… yes. Indeed.

The first 9.0 with white pages to be offered in a public sale. (All previous 9.0s have been OWW or worse).

D3F39C8A-C3A6-45FC-AC20-B0D910698498.jpeg.109fbff17ebd88fed4af83673eef0e61.jpeg

And yes, for those counting at home, that’s four copies of FF 1 from the Truckee Meadows collection. All with white pages. Including two of the top 20 ever slabbed by CGC.

Wow!

On 4/22/2022 at 8:21 AM, lighthouse said:

Since multiple people sent PMs correctly guessing (and I left clues like, everywhere)… yes. Indeed.

The first 9.0 with white pages to be offered in a public sale. (All previous 9.0s have been OWW or worse).

D3F39C8A-C3A6-45FC-AC20-B0D910698498.jpeg.109fbff17ebd88fed4af83673eef0e61.jpeg

Feh, just a Marvel!

:baiting: