• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truckee meadows collection
13 13

216 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2022 at 9:24 PM, lou_fine said:

Not quite, hey?  hm  :bigsmile:

Hmmmmmmmm......................then it must be a CGC 9.0 graded copy of AF 15 with White Pages!!!  :banana:

After the last update, it looks like 7 books in the June Signature, mixed between Thursday and Sunday.

Grades are:

9.4 White 

9.2 White

9.2 White

9.2 White

9.0 White

9.0 White

5.0 White

Two books are tied for second census (a single copy graded higher). One book is top 10 census. One book is top 20 census. The other three are scrubs that Greggy wouldn’t allow in his collection lest they pollute his registry.

Four are Marvel. Three are DC.

On 4/9/2022 at 4:34 AM, lighthouse said:

After the last update, it looks like 7 books in the June Signature, mixed between Thursday and Sunday.

Grades are:

9.4 White 

9.2 White

9.2 White

9.2 White

9.0 White

9.0 White

5.0 White

Two books are tied for second census (a single copy graded higher). One book is top 10 census. One book is top 20 census. The other three are scrubs that Greggy wouldn’t allow in his collection lest they pollute his registry.

Four are Marvel. Three are DC.

Well, since you included my post as the header for your post here, does this mean we have to guess only the other 6 books now?  :bigsmile:

On 4/9/2022 at 6:41 PM, namisgr said:

Wouldn't be the first white paged copy.  From a 2018 auction:

I'm all out of guesses as to SA key with just 1 copy higher then.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:29 PM, namisgr said:

Hammer price with premium was $336,000.  Those were the days.

Never see a copy that well centered. Blue to the left of “Fantasy As You Like It” AND to the right of “Man or Monster”. Never see it.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:14 AM, Gotham Kid said:

I'm all out of guesses as to SA key with just 1 copy higher then.

I don't believe there was any stipuation that there was only 1 higher graded copy, as the only stipulaton was White Pages:  :gossip:

On 4/8/2022 at 3:14 PM, lighthouse said:

And for a final spoiler… the June book has never been offered in a public sale at that specific grade with White Pages. :p

Correct. The “big” book in June has never been offered in that specific grade with white pages.

A separate piece of information is that two of the seven June books have just a lone copy above them in the census.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:18 PM, lighthouse said:

Correct. The “big” book in June has never been offered in that specific grade with white pages.

A separate piece of information is that two of the seven June books have just a lone copy above them in the census.

Edit: I was going to say IH1 9.2 (2x), but I misunderstood hints.  Now I'm clueless, except predict SC4 9.0 and XM1 9.4 among the top four.  :)  

Edited by Pantodude

On 4/9/2022 at 7:55 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

What's a hulk 1 9.2 worth today?

$2 million?

More, much much more!  :devil:   Joking aside, historical data would support it.  Current pricing of FF1 should mean that next IH1 in 9.2 fetches more, if historical relationship holds.  . 

Edited by Pantodude

On 4/10/2022 at 2:29 AM, namisgr said:
On 4/10/2022 at 1:51 AM, lighthouse said:

That is one beautiful book. 

Hammer price with premium was $336,000.  Those were the days.

And we thought the price was nuts at that time! 

Those indeed were the days.

On 4/9/2022 at 8:05 PM, tth2 said:

And we thought the price was nuts at that time! 

Those indeed were the days.

And now prices are even nutser! lol  It's like 5-10 years in the future baked in.  Highly doubt those who are paying record prices today would be unsuccesful in flipping in a short period of time...