• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Key To Return
1 1

52 posts in this topic

Drat!! I hope this doesn't mean now I won't be able to fill some of the holes in my Gold Key collection!! ???

But, seriously, it should be interesting what properties they can resurrect successfully.  hm

Edited by PopKulture

On 3/22/2022 at 11:04 PM, FormerReader said:

Good news!  I hope they are able to release new series for Magnus, Turok, and Solar.

Not sure whether or not some of those original properties are still tied up with Valiant at present?

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 3/22/2022 at 8:20 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Not sure whether or not some of those original properties are still tied up with Valiant at present?

No unfortunately last publisher that licensed the properties was Dynamite.  Not sure when that license expired.  It was through Valiant in the 90s that I was introduced to the characters.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:07 PM, FormerReader said:

No unfortunately last publisher that licensed the properties was Dynamite.  Not sure when that license expired.  It was through Valiant in the 90s that I was introduced to the characters.

Sound like it will be a short life.

Considering the market, I'm wondering whether he'd have been better just going with a new name, and using the money spent on the name for other startup costs? 

I'm excited about the possibility of any new Gold Key comics; my favorite is Turok. With the buzz around the new Twilight Zone show, I can see that being a possible target as well.

With how popular collected editions have become in recent years, I can see them surviving primarily on collected editions of the original material until they get something new rolling.

Edited by BS Damutantman

On 3/23/2022 at 5:15 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Considering the market, I'm wondering whether he'd have been better just going with a new name, and using the money spent on the name for other startup costs? 

From the article, if he’s funding by selling off key comics, it does sound as if it’s being done on a shoestring.

On 3/23/2022 at 1:10 PM, pemart1966 said:

It won't be the same without George Wilson; Paul S. Newman; Alberto Giolitti; and Giovanni Tucci...

Or Russ Manning

On 3/23/2022 at 1:00 PM, Jayman said:

This could be a THRILLER! :wishluck:

Boris Karloff Thriller # 1.jpg

Reboot with Jordan Peele.

But, unaffordable.

On 3/22/2022 at 6:04 PM, FormerReader said:

Good news!  I hope they are able to release new series for Magnus, Turok, and Solar.

Wonder if this would generate any new interest in the low print Valiant issues.