• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of you comic people collect Hot Wheels?
5 5

307 posts in this topic

I of course, got a couple Treasure Hunts. But what was truly amazing is I got THREE yes THREE Super Treasure Hunts! I have only found 3 in two years looking. Almost always none. As near as I can tell, they got 5 boxes and I scored the best of them. My best day EVER. Kind of like finding a box of GA at the flea market. (No, not even close) but amazing. I’m stoked and my daughter who has only found one will be wetting her pants.

For those of you who don’t know, it is that little “TH” on the sides and the special paint. There is usually one in every 10-12 boxes. What are the odds of finding 3 in 5 boxes? Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket today! 

289F911A-EC57-49DF-B152-63E7CA50BCEA.jpeg

On 10/3/2022 at 12:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I figured a new week, then a new lot stocked, but maybe they do it more weeks end :) 

The Targets here have been real dim. Biggest one has gotton some but I’ve been late to the party. One closest to me has gotton none in 2 months. Too bad because I figured when they got pallets and they would let me go through them.

Grocery stores have been pretty steady but they are all about 2-3 cases behind. 

Major score today! Wandered into Target with my wife this morning and decided to check the Hot Wheels isle. My eyes popped out when I saw 5 new Q cases on the cart! I was the only one there. I have rarely been first on a new shipment and NEVER this many.

I carefully picked the first box of one of each all the cars my daughter wanted. Then I went through the rest. Last box had this beautiful Super Treasure Hunt Camaro!

Just as I was finishing another guy showed up. He was a nice guy so I gave him one of the Mustang TH cars.

Good thing I was first because he was cleaning out multiples of all the hot cars.

Sure was fun!

D64FD3B3-0432-467D-B431-FEADE76589C8.jpeg

16334C2B-7D18-4A9D-B404-2D14E5A1D9BE.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 11/6/2022 at 8:34 PM, Robot Man said:

Major score today! Wandered into Target with my wife this morning and decided to check the Hot Wheels isle. My eyes popped out when I saw 5 new Q cases on the cart! I was the only one there. I have rarely been first on a new shipment and NEVER this many.

I carefully picked the first box of one of each all the cars my daughter wanted. Then I went through the rest. Last box had this beautiful Super Treasure Hunt Camaro!

Just as I was finishing another guy showed up. He was a nice guy so I gave him one of the Mustang TH cars.

Good thing I was first because he was cleaning out multiples of all the hot cars.

Sure was fun!

Nice!

On 9/27/2022 at 7:17 PM, Robot Man said:

I of course, got a couple Treasure Hunts. But what was truly amazing is I got THREE yes THREE Super Treasure Hunts! I have only found 3 in two years looking. Almost always none. As near as I can tell, they got 5 boxes and I scored the best of them. My best day EVER. Kind of like finding a box of GA at the flea market. (No, not even close) but amazing. I’m stoked and my daughter who has only found one will be wetting her pants.

For those of you who don’t know, it is that little “TH” on the sides and the special paint. There is usually one in every 10-12 boxes. What are the odds of finding 3 in 5 boxes? Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket today! 

289F911A-EC57-49DF-B152-63E7CA50BCEA.jpeg

On 11/6/2022 at 9:34 PM, Robot Man said:

Sure was fun!

You've done great this year! Better then me,sadly this is the first year in over 20+ years I didn't find a super for the year.to be fair I've found other brand chases but those supers...

On 11/7/2022 at 9:12 PM, cortown71 said:

You've done great this year! Better then me,sadly this is the first year in over 20+ years I didn't find a super for the year.to be fair I've found other brand chases but those supers...

Yes, very lucky indeed. I’m not one of those crazy addicts who have a route and drive from store to store. I hit the grocery store early mostly one day a week. I hit Targets when I’m in the area. All the Supers I got were when stores got multiple cases and I was luckily to be first on. Always a fun score when it happens.

Hopefuly, your luck changes!

Here’s something for you Hot Wheel hounds to be on the lookout for…

Best Buy has a promo for a special mail in car. There are 4 BB exclusive cars as well. An orange Porsche, a white McLaren, a red Honda and this one. Each store gets 2 36 count boxes of these. Includes the white Suburu regular case N TH and if you are REAL lucky, a Super.

I have only found 2 and have an extra red Honda to trade for the other 2 I’m missing…

4ED9D0E4-91BC-4FDF-8486-03768884E934.jpeg

1EE33DF3-B984-415F-B6A4-BDDBD4B90F7E.jpeg

On 3/31/2023 at 5:27 PM, fastballspecial said:

My co-worker collects for his grandson. He is going to Walmarts and flea markets all over the place looking
for hot wheels. He can say its for the grandson, but I know he loves to do it.

I buy them mostly for my adult daughter. She is a “gear head”. She has a Boss 302 Mustang and her husband has a ‘69 Z-28. I do have to say, I occasionally pick up one here and there for myself.

It’s all about the thrill of the hunt. And the rush you get when you are first on a new stock.