• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of you comic people collect Hot Wheels?
5 5

307 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2023 at 8:07 AM, whisp said:

Went to a collectibles show today and finally found my Subaru I have wanted.  Still looking for the wrx rally in the iconic decals.  Was 2 for $5  so threw in a Batcopter.

sabaru.jpg

Always fun to find one you are looking for!

Grabbed these for my daughter at Target yesterday. The Japanese cars are always gone from the rack. “Rice Rockets” are REAL popular with the younger collectors.

She will love the Shelby GT-500. The Nissan Drift is the hottest of the set. Only one to a box.

Target is packing the racks with these right now. 

A8130985-C2E1-4568-9431-2913F9840FB8.jpeg

Got these from a guy I regularly see at the flea market. 4 for $10. Pretty cheap for ones that are about 20 years old.

Bring a GA comic collector, I really have to laugh when these young guys tell me how valuble Hot Wheels are…:roflmao:

The 55 Chevy Taxi is my favorite.

9BC10A4B-7251-44A7-A4A4-4B54AD80A0B8.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

I don’t know about you folks, but it is near impossible to be first on a new restock around here. I thought I “knew the ropes” on a few of my favorite sources but they have changed. If you are #2, the first person cleans out the rack. Tough to collect these dollar children’s toys now days…

Hit a couple grocery stores this morning and had to grab the 55 Chevy and the Porsche. The 3 b/r/blue trucks are a Treasure Hunt from last year.

If any of you folks need any, I have dupes of most of last years Treasure Hunts for trade or sale. PM me. Any fair offer will get them! 

9C07F52B-39CA-4F42-AE07-BB971BEF1CB2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 4/13/2023 at 7:39 PM, lhcomics said:

Hot Wheels were a big part of my childhood in 1970s. 

I have about 20 in my collection. These 3 are my favorites. 20230413_213611.thumb.jpg.a41a816fc2bca84c8dc95f86e06a05fa.jpg

Nice ones Leroy! That surf buss is a pretty valuble one. The pink van probably is as well. In the early days of redlines, every car came in several colors. Anything pink was looked at as a “girl’s toy” and the fact that it was pink usually made the sales lower on that color. They are still using that same casting for that one even today. 

Me and my boys love checking out Hotwheels whenever we hit Target or Walmart. At $1 we almost always end up getting a couple. They leave them in package most the time but I always open and display mine. Just takes up less space. They like imports and Batman stuff I pretty much only collect the Ford Bronco...fun stuff! 

On 4/15/2023 at 4:39 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Me and my boys love checking out Hotwheels whenever we hit Target or Walmart. At $1 we almost always end up getting a couple. They leave them in package most the time but I always open and display mine. Just takes up less space. They like imports and Batman stuff I pretty much only collect the Ford Bronco...fun stuff! 

I mostly buy them for my younger daughter. She likes vintage American muscle cars and rice burners. She has “educated” me quite a bit.

Every once in a while, I buy one for myself. Like this one about a year ago. 

B55E3102-AF01-48EC-824E-34DBBD6FDD6A.jpeg

On 4/18/2023 at 7:44 AM, Dalehamblin said:

My youngest son collects them and we came across this in the shops not long ago and he passed on it as he wanted the green one, only to find out it’s quite rare 

6EC1EF4A-D027-4ACC-B95C-D463D42CADAB.jpeg

Hard to see because the number of the car in the set is cropped off. These come in sets of five. Each car will say1/5 or 3/5 ect. If it says 0/5 it is called a Chase Car. These are extremely scarce only appearing in 1 of 10-15 boxes. This is a Chase. The regular one is green. These actually sell for a bit of money in the after market. Probably 5 minutes after you passed some HW collector soiled himself…

Edited by Robot Man