• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just in case anyone here needs a comic collecting "system"....
9 9

592 posts in this topic

Resurrecting Comic Books - Bad Idea??

• Dylan Universe Comics <dylan-universe-comics@c.kajabimail.net>
    To:

Thu, May 19 at 7:06 AM

Comic book pressing increases the value of a comic. Sometimes resulting in hundreds or even thousands of dollars and in the case of super rare books fogettaboutit…

It’s a huge, pretty not talked about industry to the outside world.

You know this. I must have said it a thousand times already.

All to drum it into your thiCK skull u dumb-dumb, cuz if you haven’t tried my system yet I’ll assume you’re not as smart as I thought you were.

A smarter person would be making money already and sending me gifts to say thanks.

You don’t have to send me gifts...

Anyhoo… There comes a time when trying to resurrect comics and restore them to their former glory is a BAD IDEA.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2Ft9yZvCa4SXOqUZZ4ooMf_Mom_meme.png&t=1653085159&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c93-fa0007018b00&sig=94cI3i2Et5nTMEzjCzXMzA--~D

What? Pressing? A bad idea?? The stuff that makes lots of money? 

Who are you and what have you done with Dylan? Hear me out.

Sometimes comics are too fragile to be pressed and they get damaged as a result. 

Heavy split spines can fully spit from the pressure, fragile staples can be detached, …..

Sometimes it should not be pressed, and sometimes it needs to be done very light or just cleaned. Making these decisions is what sets the regular guys from the pros.

Part of your job -- the job your clients are gonna be paying thousands of dollars for is being able to look them in the eye and tell them which comics should be pressed and which ones shouldn’t.

You don’t just wanna be taking just anyone's money and pressing anyone’s books cuz when shit hits the fan, who do you think they’re gonna blame?

Themselves?? that. Don’t make me laugh, they're gonna blame YOU.

So your eye for picking clients and picking books to press needs to be razor sharp, something I go into more deeply inside the comic book pressing course.

Oh yeah here’s just one tip for pitching clients. 

Ask them if their books have been pressed. If they say yes, press it, upgrade it then say wanna give me a try to press your books going forward?

Come back to the dealer with an upgraded/better looking comic and say, “I think I might be better. Your other guy gave you this, and no disrespect to him but I turned it into this.”

Past experience + results are 2 of the largest tools in comic book related sales for 2020

So wrapping up.

There are comic books that shouldn’t be pressed & they’re comics that should be REPRESSED.

There are “crazy” clients you don’t want to be working with. But if you don’t behave in a very certain way, it’s your fault-And you need to be smart to understand these

For the “how to’s” of resurrecting okay grade comics into their former glory and profiting massively from their increased value…

And finding awesome pressing clients to work with check out “The Comic Book Pressing Course” -- where I show you:

How to press certain comics into high value 9.4s and above in just minutes.

How to pitch your services to clients

How to outpress any other presser they’ve worked with before.

And a lot more inside the bonus material I bundled along with it.

I’ve added 2 other courses along with this, you can make as much money with comic books as absolutely possible. At the low price you’re getting for, it’s a no brainer.

Find more details about the mouth watering “Comic Book Pressing Course” includes…

Go here => Dylan's Comic Book Resources

One of your favorite self improvers,

Dylan Schwartz

Sent by Dylan Universe Comics
    your comic book guide • Great Neck, NY • 11020
Edited by BlowUpTheMoon
greggy is a dork

On 5/20/2022 at 6:22 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

All to drum it into your thiCK skull u dumb-dumb, cuz if you haven’t tried my system yet I’ll assume you’re not as smart as I thought you were.

:sorry:

On 5/20/2022 at 5:22 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

It’s a huge, pretty not talked about industry to the outside world.

I can only pray that I type better sentence structure than this, most of the time, I hope eek!  :eek:

On 5/20/2022 at 6:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can only pray that I type better sentence structure than this, most of the time, I hope eek!  :eek:

I can only pray that I type a better sentence structure. Most of the time I'd say that I do. I hope. Eek! :eek:

giphy.gif

On 5/20/2022 at 5:22 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Dylan-  "Sometimes comics are too fragile to be pressed and they get damaged as a result. 

Heavy split spines can fully spit from the pressure, fragile staples can be detached, …..

Sometimes it should not be pressed, and sometimes it needs to be done very light or just cleaned. Making these decisions is what sets the regular guys from the pros.

Part of your job -- the job your clients are gonna be paying thousands of dollars for is being able to look them in the eye and tell them which comics should be pressed and which ones shouldn’t.

You don’t just wanna be taking just anyone's money and pressing anyone’s books cuz when shit hits the fan, who do you think they’re gonna blame?

Themselves?? that. Don’t make me laugh, they're gonna blame YOU.

I wonder if he uses his own mistakes with those AF15's and then trys to spin it into multiple step process for achieving success! 

1. Damage books with bad pressing. 

2. Send books to CGC.

3. Blame CGC. 

4. Complaining on their message boards. 

5. File BBB complaints. 

6. Start comic book "system " 

7. Profit!!!!

On 5/21/2022 at 3:26 PM, shadroch said:

You folks can mock him now, but what are you going to say when the NY TImes is writing up his Sunday brunches.

He fires up those presses and makes a great toasted sandwich. 

On 5/21/2022 at 3:30 AM, chrisco37 said:

I know it’s not really a great excuse but I’ve been so busy banging cosplayers I just haven’t had time to send a gift .  I’ll do it if there’s ever a lull.  

e7f.jpg