• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just in case anyone here needs a comic collecting "system"....
9 9

592 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2022 at 10:17 AM, Iceman399 said:

Did you miss the part where he intentionally sent in restored and incomplete books with a character label to exploit a glitch in cgcs labels? 

I guess I did as I'm vaguely aware that people were playing games with custom labels but don't know the actors or the situation.  As I understand it, all the restoration information is still on the label and CGC choose not to use a different  color label.  I picked up enough early on to recognize him as problematic and pretty much ignored him after that so I may have missed quite a bit. I tried to read some of a thread about barring him but found it convoluted and didn't get too far. 

On 4/29/2022 at 1:39 PM, shadroch said:

I guess I did as I'm vaguely aware that people were playing games with custom labels but don't know the actors or the situation.  As I understand it, all the restoration information is still on the label and CGC choose not to use a different  color label.  I picked up enough early on to recognize him as problematic and pretty much ignored him after that so I may have missed quite a bit. I tried to read some of a thread about barring him but found it convoluted and didn't get too far. 

Was CGC to blame for it?  Sure.  That doesn't excuse someone from specifically exploiting it.  

Or where he admitted to overgrading books just to see if he'd get a return on not.

On 4/29/2022 at 6:41 PM, JasonTodd69 said:

I don't know Dylan. I have only seen what people say about him. To be fair, has anyone here taken the course and said it's bad? Like even for a month? What are the course contents that he thinks is worth it? 

Cutting edge info/insight:

-do something every day but be sure to give yourself 1-3 days/week off

-pressing hacks

-other things & stuff

On 4/29/2022 at 11:08 AM, shadroch said:

I have not seen where he is dishonest, but he does seem very troubled.  If there are clear examples of his being dishonest, I'd like to see them. 

He seems like someone to avoid, but also seems like he has no intention of going away.

He tried to bully forum member Polansky into selling him a book.  When they couldn't agree on a price, Polansky told Dylan he was no longer interested in continuing with the negotiations and was going to list the book for sale elsewhere.  Dylan then threatened Polansky and eventually nominated him for the CGC probation list.  Dylan even admitted in that thread that Polansky had not broken any forum rules.  He was simply using it as a weapon in an attempt to force Polansky into selling him the book.  Absolutely horrible and dishonest behavior. 

Then, when Dylan was nominated for the Hall of Shame List for this behavior, and it was clear that the nomination was going to be successful, the moderators caught him making numerous accounts to vote against the nomination.  This is why he was ultimately banned.

Link to Dylan's Hall of Shame nomination thread.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 4/29/2022 at 5:55 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 4/29/2022 at 5:50 PM, Larryw7 said:

hm

279194106_giphy(18).gif.8f7d08abc774fef0c6d28ebc6164c4e6.gif

Did someone leave a door open?

Seems a bit shilly in here now.  :whistle:

On 4/30/2022 at 8:53 AM, chrisco37 said:

Cutting edge info/insight:

-do something every day but be sure to give yourself 1-3 days/week off

-pressing hacks

-other things & stuff

And you don't have to do the pressing modules if you don't want to, but that's the 'secret weapon' and seems to be the majority of the courses. 

On 4/29/2022 at 8:18 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

WHY YOU SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT JOIN

Here's why you might consider joining or not joining! How much is becoming a really good presser, better investor, and flipper worth? ok cool. write that number down. 

So how much would you earn in 10 years from this new skillset? ok cool. write that number down. 

So what's a really good deal to pay, meaning you make a multiple off your investment? ok cool. write that number down. 

If you're hesitant, don't join. This isn't a journey for the hesitant. 

But as you can see, I only want you to join if it would be of benefit to you

Some people keep it for a month. Some people keep it for a year. It's up to you...

To recap, if you studied these skills for a month, how much would that be worth? 

Is $997 a bunch less than that? If yes buy it. Otherwise please don't

-Dylan (one of the only people on the internet who actually sells a course if it would help you and I can get paid not just if I get paid)

Sent by Dylan Universe Comics
your comic book guide • Great Neck, NY • 11020

I wrote down the number.

I had forgotten about this one! Threve. $Texas. | Best snl skits, Snl  skits, Funny

On 5/2/2022 at 6:37 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Ten years ago, savvy comic book buyers would “raid,” stores finding all the “ ups,” Comics that were mismarked, misgraded, not pressed, etc. 

The diamonds in the rough you could take out and make a killing reselling it.

It’s gotten a lot harder because of this one website/app: KeyCollector. It tells everyone what the little keys are and what just got hot. 

Stores around the world now check this app and pull all the dollar books that are now $5, 10, and 20 books. It’s hurting the flippers BIGTIME. 

Regardless of whether you are a lucky shop owner/seller who probably did not know these to start and was practically giving them away OR a pissed off flipper who now must find other means to live the good life and make a few bucks. 

Things have changed a lot. I want you to remember a few things:

Key Collector’s Prices are not always accurate. 

He misses stuff. 

It's not his fault. Sometimes they get wrong information, and have even corrected themselves on occasion.

They fix some of the stuff that was wrong they had on their site.

Like saying something is a first or 2nd appearance when it’s actually not.

There are a lot of conspiracies on how they even get to the app in the first place

Use the app to spot trends and get ideas before they come out and you’ll be fine.

Stay strong.

Until next time, you are eternally f*cked.

Tomorrow, I’m gonna show you how to FIGHT BACK against Key Collectors HORRIBLE concoction. This one is for us the flippers. VIVA LAS FLIPPAS AY

Dylan vs. Key Collector? Is there a way they can both lose and just disappear forever? :wishluck:

On 5/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, Lazyboy said:

Dylan vs. Key Collector? 

Key Collector must have been the one that wiped their butt with his 8.0 Giggle Comic, and now he's going to destroy them for it. :frown:

On 5/2/2022 at 7:37 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Ten years ago, savvy comic book buyers would “raid,” stores finding all the “ ups,” Comics that were mismarked, misgraded, not pressed, etc. 

The diamonds in the rough you could take out and make a killing reselling it.

It’s gotten a lot harder because of this one website/app: KeyCollector. It tells everyone what the little keys are and what just got hot. 

Stores around the world now check this app and pull all the dollar books that are now $5, 10, and 20 books. It’s hurting the flippers BIGTIME. 

Regardless of whether you are a lucky shop owner/seller who probably did not know these to start and was practically giving them away OR a pissed off flipper who now must find other means to live the good life and make a few bucks. 

Things have changed a lot. I want you to remember a few things:

Key Collector’s Prices are not always accurate. 

He misses stuff. 

It's not his fault. Sometimes they get wrong information, and have even corrected themselves on occasion.

They fix some of the stuff that was wrong they had on their site.

Like saying something is a first or 2nd appearance when it’s actually not.

There are a lot of conspiracies on how they even get to the app in the first place

Use the app to spot trends and get ideas before they come out and you’ll be fine.

Stay strong.

Tomorrow, I’m gonna show you how to FIGHT BACK against Key Collectors HORRIBLE concoction. This one is for us the flippers. VIVA LAS FLIPPAS AY

Hope you got permission before posting this.  That’s intellectual property.  

I have no words, but here are some words...

There's no way anyone actually buys this, right? RIGHT?! 

And I've been a little aloof as of late, but are we really putting keycollector in the same category as him/it/this now? I don't think he deserves that...nobody does... Dylan is in a category by himself (he will read this as a compliment).

On 5/3/2022 at 5:50 PM, chrisco37 said:
On 5/2/2022 at 7:37 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Hope you got permission before posting this.  That’s intellectual property.  

I haven't gotten today's email telling me how to FIGHT BACK against Key Collectors HORRIBLE concoction.

I'm eternally f*cked.