• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just in case anyone here needs a comic collecting "system"....
9 9

592 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2022 at 6:28 AM, KCOComics said:

Ok - I actually didn't catch the auto renew part.

It's $1k per month? Is that real?  $12k per year. 

I thought it was a $1k for a life time....which was still a ridiculous price.

Yeah.....I believe the auto-renewal part was only mentioned one time and it's buried in the middle of all the other nonsense. 

On 4/26/2022 at 9:18 PM, Turnando said:

Let's be open to the possibility that a psychiatric disorder may be in play here.

I've always been partial to outsiders and people who are different. I am not super normal myself.  

A bipolar manic episode can look something like this.  I'm going to hope for the best for Dylan and his family.  Maybe he is a jerk but maybe he is in another world and could use some compassion.

Dylan tried to buy a book from forum member Polansky (who is a very nice guy).....this is how that conversation went:

Spoiler

Dylanthekid:  Hey, Lee.  What can you do on the GSX 1?  Remember it's off-white NOT white.

Polonsky Hey, Dylan.  Hope all is well.  I'm open to offers on everything, so let me know your thoughts.

Dylanthekid:  Able to send me some close ups?  Of spines and corners?  I wouldn't ask if wasn't serious Lol.

Polonsky:  I don't have any close up pictures, but I'm able to get them when I go to my bank.  Assuming it is solid, around where would you be on price?

Dylanthekid:  If I like the pics, probably 16.  Could be more, depends if I like them or not.

Polonsky Sounds good.  I'll try to get them today.  Have to make an appointment at my bank.  I'll see what pictures I do have.

Dylanthekid:  Thank you.

Polonsky:  I have these (multiple pictures posted)

Dylanthekid:  Not zoomed in enough.  I'm sorry.

Polonsky I'll get better ones. (additional pictures posted)

Dylanthekid:  Hard to see

Polonsky (More pictures posted)  From looking at all grades in GPA, I'm feeling pretty firm on this one, but let me know where you'd be if interested, and I'll give it consideration.

Dylanthekid:  I gotta send these pics to client.  Assuming he's happy we'd be at 16.

Polonsky That's too low for me, but I do appreciate the offer.

Dylanthekid:  It's exactly where I said I'd be this am lol.  "If I like the pics, probably 16".  Where are you at on it?

Polonsky I understand, and I have been giving it thought and my lowest price would be 17k.

Dylanthekid:  And if it was white I'd pay that!  Guy who wants 9.6 wants nice pages.

Polonsky:  I 100% understand.  I was planning on posting it here on IG tomorrow at 17.5 or 18 and seeing what happens.  I love it so I'm not in a big rush to sell it, but as the clown says in the beginning of the dark knight, "that's a lot of money".

Dylanthekid:  I'm at 16 but I'd give you 15 all cash.  Cash is king.  If you love it, don't sell it.  If you wanna sell it, take the 16.

Polonsky You're right.  I meant like it a lot.  The comics I actually love I don't want to sell at all, so there's definitely a difference.  I'll see what this weekend brings, and will possibly circle back to you soon to see if you're still interested.  It's definitely a fair offer and I appreciate it.

Dylanthekid:  Interested now at that price, might not be later.  Spent a TON this month.

Polonsky If you're not, I more than understand.  At this moment you're at 16 and I'm at 17, and if you change your mind at any time without a deal made, then no worries at all.

Dylanthekid:  That's fair.

Polonsky I have spent a few schmekels myself lately.

Dylanthekid:  What do you do for work?

Polonsky Buy and sell comic books mostly.

Dylanthekid:  Really?  Mostly?

Polonsky I do well in the stock market, but that requires no time.  I spend my time working with comics and other collectibles.

Dylanthekid:  Ahhh.  Other collectibles.  I see.  You daytrade?

Polonsky Not at all.  My dad is a financial advisor, so I make long term investments.

Dylanthekid: Where does the money come from for those investments?  You've never worked a job?  Ever????

Polonsky Other investments going back many years.  My dad has been doing it a long time and has been a long time coin dealer, so I had a nice head start.  I started by taking coin profits and buying comics.  Ha Ha I've worked many jobs.  Check this out.  Gas station attendant, bus boy, food runner, waiter, doctors office manager, bridge league caddy, and I feel like maybe some others.  I have a terrible degenerative back, and working real jobs has become difficult.  I moved into dealing and making my own hours and so far so good.  Do you work a job?

Dylanthekid:  Wow.  Those are hard jobs.  I've never worked a job.  Actually, I did shovel snow a few times, and I tutored chess back when I was seasoned in tournaments, but now just comics.  I want a side job but everybody pays s**t lol. 

Polonsky Haha nice.  It was good life experience and I'm happy I did it when I did, and happy to be in only comics now.  I did my share of shoveling back in the day.

Dylanthekid:  I'm too much in comics.  Need change of scenery. 

Polonsky What scene do you envision?

Dylanthekid:  Loud music, half naked girls, and legos. Oh wait, you mean the side job scene.  lol.  Not sure.  Something not comics.  Still figuring it out.  Probably will work for myself.

Polonsky You wouldn't believe how many Lego sets I have built in the past year.  Pretty much buying every big set ever and when I started quarantine a year ago to this day, I set out to build one bag a day, and so far so good.  Loud music involved too.  There's a lot of collectible markets and ways to work for yourself.

Dylanthekid:  It is insane how much Lego sets I built 15 years ago are worth sealed.  I sent pics to client.  $16.5k.  I have never bought a book from you!  Let's do this lol.

Polonsky That does make it more enticing.  I'll meet you in the middle of these two numbers at $16,750, but that is really the lowest I would go.  Let's do this.  If we do get together, I would like either a check overnighted or a wire tomorrow.  Let me know if those are doable if we get together.

Dylanthekid Oh you want no fees.....I see.  16 was a super fair offer and you know it.  How about 16?  Call me 516-XXX-XXXX.

Polonsky I'm going to pass.  I'm going to post it tomorrow like I had planned.

Dylanthekid:  You won't call me to talk it over?  I had a few other questions. 

Polonsky Let me know.  There are several PMs about it (the book) on the boards.  Not trying to strongarm, just letting you know.

Dylanthekid Can you call me?  Dude cut it out.  516-XXX-XXXX.  Will take 5 f***ing minutes.  No, Lee.  I guess your time is too valuable for me to ask you questions and try to make a purchase of a 16-17k comic........for 5 minutes.  Seriously?  WHAT IS HAPPENING?  I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.  I do respect myself enough to not take being disrespected.  If you disrespect me, I will publicize it no matter the consequences.

Dylan then included a screen shot showing part of this conversation along with the following comment beneath it indicating he was going to publicly post it.

Dylanthekid:  Very Nice guy right here named Polonsky as you can see.  Ignores what I say and then continues talking.

Dylan then posted a screen shot showing that he had added their conversation screen shot to his "Story" on Instagram so all of his followers would see it.

Dylanthekid I respect myself so much, Lee, that I don't give a flying f*** what you or anybody else thinks.  You cannot say the same.  And what threats did I make?  Zero.  Don't lie please.

He then got nominated for the forums "Hall Of Shame" list (Link to the nomination thread)....but was given a forum suspension for his bad behavior before he had a chance to respond to it.  In an attempt to be fair, I reached out to him via email to see if he had any evidence he might want me to post for him.  This is how that conversation went:

Link to email exchange.

For anyone that would like to reach out to him with compassion, his contact information is easy enough to find. 

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 4/26/2022 at 5:29 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I'm going to dissect this out a bit......and then see if any of you math wizards in here can clarify this for me.

dissect.thumb.jpg.f4fdb7cf7da077939123e008139065ee.jpg

I realize I'm not all intelligenty and smartified like Dylan is....but based on the excerpts above, I did have a couple of questions.

If the system is $997......which gives you access for one month, and then auto-renews until you cancel......doesn't that mean he's going to charge you $11,964 per year if you don't stop it? (Which is still a bargain, since you can apparently exchange it for sex with cosplay girls).

Also.....if his "7-day money-back guarantee" is to refund "100% of your money from that week".........doesn't that mean he's only going to giver you back roughly one-fourth of the initial monthly fee you paid?

Once I get these questions answered, I'm going back to solving the mystery of why Europeans still use torches instead of just grabbing a damned flashlight.......been working on that for 8 months now (I wonder if I could just pay Dylan to figure it out for me).

Also... the refund is a shame... he says it twice.. "If you don't love it, just show me you did the work, and I'll refund 100% of your money....."

On 4/26/2022 at 8:36 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Dylan tried to buy a book from forum member Polansky (who is a very nice guy).....this is how that conversation went:

Yeah, I've seen that and am aware of Dylan's history of odd and horrible behavior.  It is over the top.

I also know that he is a young man, a prime candidate for those first few full manic breaks with psychosis that can come on like a hurricane for the first time in some very unfortunate people in their late teens or early twenties. It destroys lives.  

Everything I've seen makes me wonder about bipolar disorder.  I don't think it is OK to pile on Dylan because I think there could be something wrong with him.  Call him out on his BS, make sure the community is aware of him, but I have a feeling this is deeper than just being a jerk.

Edited by Turnando

On 4/26/2022 at 10:03 PM, Turnando said:

I think there could be something wrong with him. 

Oh there definitely is something wrong with him. 

Psychologically? (shrug)

Mentally? (shrug)

Physically? (shrug)

Morally?      Absolutely! 

On 4/26/2022 at 11:03 PM, Turnando said:

Yeah, I've seen that and am aware of Dylan's history of odd and horrible behavior.  It is over the top.

I also know that he is a young man, a prime candidate for those first few full manic breaks with psychosis that can come on like a hurricane for the first time in some very unfortunate people in their late teens or early twenties. It destroys lives.  

Everything I've seen makes me wonder about bipolar disorder.  I don't think it is OK to pile on Dylan because I think there could be something wrong with him.  Call him out on his BS, make sure the community is aware of him, but I have a feeling this is deeper than just being a jerk.

I agree 100%.  

And I won't try to play amateur psychologist with a stranger I only know from a chat board.

It's just important to remember that humans are complicated. And allot of what we see on the surface is only the tip of the iceberg, for what people are dealing with. 

So I have empathy for Dylan and I hope he finds happiness and balance in his life. 

On 4/26/2022 at 10:03 PM, Turnando said:

I also know that he is a young man, a prime candidate for those first few full manic breaks with psychosis that can come on like a hurricane for the first time in some very unfortunate people. It destroys lives.  

This behavior has been documented over many years and numerous social media sites.  If this is due to some kind of extended episode or a disorder, then his family needs to step in and make sure he gets the help he needs, because he doesn't seem to care how horribly he treats people.  It's not up to an anonymous forum to guess and try to make accommodations for that.  Perhaps his internet activity needs to be monitored.  Especially if he is attempting to charge $12,000 a year (which isn't spelled out very clearly) for some kind of comic selling system.  Something like this could make the wrong type of person very angry.  The kind of person who cares even less than him about how they treat other people.  As I mentioned.....if anyone wished, they could always contact Dylan and possibly get in touch with his parents to discuss this.  

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 4/27/2022 at 11:55 AM, Beige said:

He is a sociopath, enabled by his litiginous father.

They'll find Dylan in a ditch one day if he carries on this nonsense.

Let me clarify - his antics have been harming himself - now, with this, somebody who didn't read the fine print will be getting whacked $970 A MONTH for this scam.

That's the kind of behaviour that brings out the crazies looking to even things up.

Look no further than Thomas Neeley.

If Dylan isn't reined in - his own personal Thomas Neeley may well appear.

He needs help - and instead of his father threatening to sue everyone, should probably be getting him professional help @Bird - Hope that makes it clearer.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:41 PM, ashsaytr said:

Also... the refund is a shame... he says it twice.. "If you don't love it, just show me you did the work, and I'll refund 100% of your money....."

For that week. You only get the refund for that first week. He still keeps the cash for the other 3.

I feel uncomfortable with everyone armchair diagnosing him. I know it's done with the best of intentions, and by experienced people, but we are still only seeing such a tiny fraction of the person that is Dylan (the side he chooses to publicise) I don't believe we have enough data to make any theories from, and should stay away from that arena. 2c

Edited by Cat

On 4/26/2022 at 11:03 PM, Turnando said:

People offered to help him and he declined. He was given more benefits of the doubt than he deserved. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:10 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Oh there definitely is something wrong with him. 

Psychologically? (shrug)

Mentally? (shrug)

Physically? (shrug)

Morally?      Absolutely! 

What is morality that cannot be affected by one's psychological and mental states? 

On 4/27/2022 at 9:25 AM, jcjames said:

What is morality that cannot be affected by one's psychological and mental states? 

Those can definitely have effects on each other, however you can be considered psychologically and mentally sound and still have a very skewed moral compass.  

I was just avoiding making assumptions about his mental or psychological state. 

On 4/27/2022 at 10:21 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Those can definitely have effects on each other, however you can be considered psychologically and mentally sound and still have a very skewed moral compass.  

I was just avoiding making assumptions about his mental or psychological state. 

True. If one is scammed out of $900+ per month, they probably don't care if the scammer is mentally disordered or just plain dishonest.