• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS spooky & mystical spoiler thread
4 4

386 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2022 at 9:59 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I've said this multiple times

they may have gotten t0o big and now have trouble making it all fit together

It's all going to be about who was secretly a Skrull the whole time....

On 5/16/2022 at 12:11 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not qualified to answer this question. I'll let you know after the MCU tells me how the f**k the good Doc has the Eye of Agamotto again.

7.5/10 for sure!

:baiting:

On 5/16/2022 at 12:11 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not qualified to answer this question. I'll let you know after the MCU tells me how the f**k the good Doc has the Eye of Agamotto again.

I always assumed the one Thanos destroyed was a replica since Strange knew he had to give Thanos the stone in the end anyway

Edit:

Although thinking about it more, why didn't he just leave the stone in the fake and let Thanos take it and go away. Didn't have to risk Tony dying lol. 

Maybe in that scenario Thanos just kills them all before teleporting away, but by hiding the stone and making the deal for Tony's life he guarantees Thanos will leave Tony alive since he's honorable. Who knows

MCU movies are more enjoyable if you don't think about them too hard :drool:

Edited by JC25427N
hmm

re: doc and America, I think I read that apparently they originally had more scenes establishing a relationship between the two characters but in the end it became recut and disjointed. Wong and the woman sorceror also had more scenes that got cut showing their relationship

or so they say, there are 3 scenes shot that will be on director cut but he has not said what they contain, I would imagine some of the above

In the comics the Eye of Agamotto had a different function:

The Eye is a weapon of wisdom that can radiate a powerful mystical light that allows Strange to see through all disguises and illusions, see past events, and track both ethereal and corporeal beings by their psychic or magical emissions. The light given off by the Eye also weakens a variety of evil mystical beings, such as demons, devils, undead beings, dark extradimensional entities, and even sufficiently corrupt human practitioners of the Dark Arts. Strange can use it to probe the minds of others, project a powerful mystical shield, and create portals to other dimensions. It has also been used to place beings into suspended animation, and it serves as the clasp for his Cloak of Levitation; during the early years of the Defenders Strange used the light of the Eye to levitate objects as heavy as the Hulk and Professor Xavier plus his wheelchair together, or the Thing, with minimal effort while simultaneously magically controlling the cloak to fly himself, carrying a total of at least seven Megagrams (fifteen thousand pounds). The Eye of Agamotto can be used to transport a group of dozens of beings of all kinds and power levels into another point within a universe, as Strange did to combat the threat of Thanos.

We know that the Eye could turn back time in the MCU, but the Time stone was separate from the eye itself and Strange took it out when he gave it to Thanos.  The remaining part of the Eye could be assumed to be useless, but it could also still function as the Eye in the comics did.

Strange never said what he was doing, but when Shuma-Gorath was throwing cars around he initially couldn't see him, but then he suddenly could.  I need to watch it a second time to see what he does with his hands, but I assumed in the moment he had used the Eye to reveal Shuma.  There was another point later in the film where Strange emitted a VERY large shield that appeared to emanate from his chest, and I wondered in the moment if it was the Eye doing that.

After the Shuma reveal I assumed their plan was just to revert the Eye back to its pre-MCU comic function, but I'm not sure of it.  I plan to freeze-frame those scenes where he may (or may not) be using the Eye I pointed out.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 5/16/2022 at 4:43 PM, JC25427N said:

I always assumed the one Thanos destroyed was a replica since Strange knew he had to give Thanos the stone in the end anyway

Edit:

Although thinking about it more, why didn't he just leave the stone in the fake and let Thanos take it and go away. Didn't have to risk Tony dying lol. 

Maybe in that scenario Thanos just kills them all before teleporting away, but by hiding the stone and making the deal for Tony's life he guarantees Thanos will leave Tony alive since he's honorable. Who knows

MCU movies are more enjoyable if you don't think about them too hard :drool:

While I understand the Eye of Agamotto, there's literally no explanation for it within the MCU other than that it housed the Time Stone. So what the Hel does this Eye do? Where did he put it or get it from...?

On 5/19/2022 at 5:24 PM, D84 said:

"Doctor Strange tells America to just believe in herself and that helps her figure out all her powers!"

:roflmao:

It's actually true. And that's how goofy we are as moviegoers in that we shout, "Amazing - I'll come back for another showing so take my money!"

On 5/20/2022 at 7:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Oof. That Pitch Meeting materialized my thoughts in ways that I had not, yet. Really expressed a lot of what's wrong with the "logic" in this movie.

Seriously! As I was watching it I was more and more disappointed in the movie. And I very much appreciate Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch.

On 5/20/2022 at 7:21 AM, Bosco685 said:

Seriously! As I was watching it I was more and more disappointed in the movie. And I very much appreciate Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch.

Olsen put in the best performance by far, which sucks because Cumberbatch was eternally compelling in every movie before this one.