• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS spooky & mystical spoiler thread
4 4

386 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2022 at 11:23 AM, TupennyConan said:

It was fun.

The Good

1. America Chavez.

2. Cumberbatch.

3. The Gargantos scene.

The Bad

1. The Illuminati. Who would ever want to see any of those characters again? This was large-scale intellectual property self-harm.

2. Christine & the Christine love story. Clunky. Shoehorned in, like the Illuminati. 

3. No Bova the Cow.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:36 AM, TupennyConan said:

Me, too. I'd like to see them all, especially Reed.

I was being rhetorical, of course. I just think the scene was a foolish, even harmful way to treat all those 'new' characters.

Saw the movie last night with the family. I pretty much agree with your assessment. I'm still conflicted on the illuminati scenes. It was kind of neat to see the characters, but nothing really memorable. Enjoyable film though.

I loved seeing how powerful Wanda is

How dismissive she was against Xavier was laughable though

Xavier, the most powerful mutant, ever, compared to.... who really? Phoenix, maybe?

No, Legion or at least a healed and sane Legion 

Edited by The Meta

I saw Dr. Strange 2 today and really liked it! I didn't watch any trailers beforehand, so everything was new for me.

Seeing the Illuminati was great. Although, John Krasinski as Reed Richards is horrible. His acting was so bad. And from a character standpoint, Reed Richards was such a throwaway. For being so intelligent, he sure went into that combat like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Xavier was great. However, they made him out to be a telepath n00b rather than the master he is.

The movie overall was really good.  Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange: still great! Keep it going.

I love the horror elements. I reckon that's the flavor that really set this movie apart from other Marvel movies. It worked very well. I hope they continue, and grow upon it. Some of my favorite comics are the Dr. Strange stories in Marvel Premiere, and those could get really weird and horrifying.

I love seeing Scarlet Witch go insane. Having her as a mentally unstable character has been good. That aspect of the character was something that wasn't really a thing until House of M, I think. Prior to that, I don't think she was ever written as deranged. I like the angle.

One of the great things about a Dr. Strange movie is that they can go as trippy and wild with the visuals as they want. It's magic, so anything goes. And they did that with flying colors in this movie. I would like to have seen more depth given to the magic itself. They never have to say in incantations to make spells work, and there isn't much "world building" within the lore of the magic. Maybe that would be too boring for most kids, or too blasphemous for most parents.

Not thrilled with the casting for Clea. I'd prefer the actress be an unknown. Same for Mr. Fantastic.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:53 PM, KingOfRulers said:

I saw Dr. Strange 2 today and really liked it! I didn't watch any trailers beforehand, so everything was new for me.

Seeing the Illuminati was great. Although, John Krasinski as Reed Richards is horrible. His acting was so bad. And from a character standpoint, Reed Richards was such a throwaway. For being so intelligent, he sure went into that combat like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Xavier was great. However, they made him out to be a telepath n00b rather than the master he is.

The movie overall was really good.  Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange: still great! Keep it going.

I love the horror elements. I reckon that's the flavor that really set this movie apart from other Marvel movies. It worked very well. I hope they continue, and grow upon it. Some of my favorite comics are the Dr. Strange stories in Marvel Premiere, and those could get really weird and horrifying.

I love seeing Scarlet Witch go insane. Having her as a mentally unstable character has been good. That aspect of the character was something that wasn't really a thing until House of M, I think. Prior to that, I don't think she was ever written as deranged. I like the angle.

One of the great things about a Dr. Strange movie is that they can go as trippy and wild with the visuals as they want. It's magic, so anything goes. And they did that with flying colors in this movie. I would like to have seen more depth given to the magic itself. They never have to say in incantations to make spells work, and there isn't much "world building" within the lore of the magic. Maybe that would be too boring for most kids, or too blasphemous for most parents.

Not thrilled with the casting for Clea. I'd prefer the actress be an unknown. Same for Mr. Fantastic.

Agreed.  Clea should have been aomeone else.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, Wolverinex said:

Agreed.  Clea should have been aomeone else.

Could also have been the costume that made her come across somewhat ridiculous. It was like a pinkish/purple barbie doll costume or putting on a mego doll costume from the 70s.

Edited by bronze_rules

I hated how The Illuminati was treated like filler material to pack some minutes into a story without much care. And having Professor Xavier falling for Scarlet Witch's distractions like a chump was pure garbage.

Scarlet Witch is a troubled character I really appreciate. This was not the story I wanted to see her in. And her kids in this movie were just distractions and annoying. Not the up and coming superheroes to be.

Impressive how far they have come with CGI

Perhaps the most shocking moment in “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” is when Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch kills off John Krasinski’s Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic. The actor exits the film not even 10 minutes after making his Marvel Cinematic Debut as the leader of the Fantastic Four. What was it like facing off against Krasinski on set? Don’t ask Olsen.

“I don’t know him,” Olsen revealed while taking the Vanity Fair lie detector test. The question was whether or not John Krasinski is the smartest man on Earth, a reference to the same title Mr. Fantastic holds in the comic books. Olsen added, “I would never assume that an actor would be the smartest man alive.”

When Vanity Fair asked Olsen if she didn’t know Krasinski, the actor responded, “I don’t think so. No, I’ve never met him… I’ve never met him. Never met him!…I’ve never met that man. I’ve met his wife.”