• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS spooky & mystical spoiler thread
4 4

386 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2022 at 4:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

40 minutes were cut from the film. Interesting.

You lot of lil punks think all I do is watch videos all day

Actually no. I think your a typical wannabe influencer with a gaping anoose for corporate money

On 5/14/2022 at 8:45 PM, The Meta said:

You lot of lil punks think all I do is watch videos all day

Actually no. I think your a typical wannabe influencer with a gaping anoose for corporate money

:roflmao:

I find his reviews pretty funny to watch. And thorough most of the times.

But I do wonder how much some of these influencers make. Especially when you see all that professional studio equipment crammed into a small room.

On 5/15/2022 at 5:31 AM, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

I find his reviews pretty funny to watch. And thorough most of the times.

But I do wonder how much some of these influencers make. Especially when you see all that professional studio equipment crammed into a small room.

I know someone who has a YouTube channel and it’s about DIY projects around his house, working on cars, plowing his driveway etc.  He told me it started out as a hobby and then it started to bring in a couple hundred a month (using advertising). After a while it was significantly more than that, then it was paying his mortgage and now he is building a nice retirement (all the whole fixing his home/cars lol) and has a pretty trick garage filled with tools and equipment to boot.  The funny part is he thinks the whole thing is nuts and can’t believe what it’s become. I can only imagine what the income must be when movie studios are involved. 

Ive been watching video game YouTubers for years

I went on a couple of guys discords only to find how absolutely toxic the scene is. Makes Twitter look like sunday night bingo at the retirement home

One youtuber is a game exploiter, and he figured out how to manipulate the YouTube algorithm to get more subscribers. 

Essentially, the whole premise is a gigantic scam, YouTube (Google) takes advantage of this

Saw it last night. I so wanted to see Cython come out as the big villain.
Olsen did a bang up job as Wanda, but this film was only okay for me. 

Even with all the appearances I think it fell short for me. The Mordo/Strange
angle was completely ignored until later in the film.

You could see Raimi's influence in the film in several scenes. America Chavez
was a nice addition to the film overall.

We have seen almost every Marvel movie, as a family, in a theatre. Good times. But there tends to be a joke after we see them, I joke I started.

I tell the family I’ll have to go read the boards review now to see if we liked it. After reading many of these pages I’m happy to say we liked it. I got most of the references and subtleties. I tend not to look as deep as many of you but I understand the desire to do so. I suppose I’m still in love with seeing heroes on the screen. Maybe not always my interpretation but damn, heroes in action.

I loved all the horror themes in the movie and the music battle was brilliant. Witchcraft sure seems to be powerful, like Really powerful. I must have missed where and when that happened. Not sure why the Illuminati were so unprepared but again, witches beat super powers. 

I want to see it again so I’ll take that as a thumbs up for certain.

On 5/16/2022 at 5:26 AM, jimjum12 said:

:golfclap:

...well said.

After seeing so many less than glowing reviews, I have come to the conclusion that some people just don't want to be happy. Loved it. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... my one tiny complaint was that Black Bolt wasn't quite as regal and imposing as I would have liked. 

How's that feel when you thoroughly enjoy something and people carp all over it (and for years after) like it stole their favorite kitten? Especially when they demand it model after a set mold because that is what THEY want.

I would never know, which is why I ask.

(:

It is a fun movie. 

The Illuminati scene is the core issue.

Here's my math:

Wanda Power vs Reed Big Brain. Not sure who wins.

[Some remarks: no way is Reed standing there unarmed or without some sort of defensive shield. Stark wouldn't rely only on his brains ~ or, he'd wear his brains on his sleeve in the form of armor.]

Wanda Power vs Reed Big Brain & Black Bolt Power. Wanda loses. 

[No remarks necessary.] 

On 5/16/2022 at 6:51 AM, TupennyConan said:

It is a fun movie. 

The Illuminati scene is the core issue.

Here's my math:

Wanda Power vs Reed Big Brain. Not sure who wins.

[Some remarks: no way is Reed standing there unarmed or without some sort of defensive shield. Stark wouldn't rely only on his brains ~ or, he'd wear his brains on his sleeve in the form of armor.]

Wanda Power vs Reed Big Brain & Black Bolt Power. Wanda loses. 

[No remarks necessary.] 

Tough tomatoes on you. I'm commenting!

:sumo:

:baiting:

[/comments on]

I'm with you in that they know a powerful witch is coming to attack them. So they land in front of her not on highly alert ready to instantly attack knowing she can cast spells?

And there was more wrong here than that scene. Wong was treated like a chump yet he is the Sorcerer Supreme. And then when Wanda attacks Kamar-Taj all it took to destroy the place was getting in the mind of ONE sorcerer to take all their defenses down out of hundreds? Their powers were that weak all it took was that?? There is suspension of disbelief and then there is very poor storytelling.

[/comments off]

On 5/16/2022 at 7:22 AM, Bosco685 said:

Kamar-Taj

They build these places up to tear them down later in set-piece action scenes. See Asgard. 

The Illuminati was built-up off-screen with $70B. On-screen, irrelevant. 

On 5/16/2022 at 7:33 AM, TupennyConan said:

They build these places up to tear them down later in set-piece action scenes. See Asgard. 

The Illuminati was built-up off-screen with $70B. On-screen, irrelevant. 

It was just a horrible plot point all it took was one young sorcerer's mind not being fully prepared for her mental attack and all their defenses are broken.

Any other studio and folks would be complaining for years. Marvel Studios and it comes down to "Did you see all the characters fighting and it had links to years of productions!"

:pullhair:

On 5/16/2022 at 7:42 AM, Bosco685 said:

It was just a horrible plot point all it took was one young sorcerer's mind not being fully prepared for her mental attack and all their defenses are broken.

Any other studio and folks would be complaining for years. Marvel Studios and it comes down to "Did you see all the characters fighting and it had links to years of productions!"

:pullhair:

There were plenty of issues with the movie.