• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
12 12

973 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 11/4/2022 at 10:57 AM, Ryan. said:

Anyone know if Mark Buckingham signed yet? No mention on CGC's Facebook or Twitter as of yet.

We haven’t signed with him yet, but we should be signing with him around the 15th of the month.

On 12/8/2022 at 12:45 PM, Baka_Oni said:

Sent 11 books for the Campbell signing. 8 out of the 11 have been shipped or are already here. Last 3 are in G/QC.

I'm just curious, but you do know you can submit more than one book at a time to save on shipping to CGC? Like if they were all for Campbell, it throws me off that they'd ship at different times ???

Just double checking, but more importantly that you've had movement! That is good to hear!
I suppose some of them were for press and some not lol that's why the separate invoices? :cheers: 

On 12/8/2022 at 2:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm just curious, but you do know you can submit more than one book at a time to save on shipping to CGC? Like if they were all for Campbell, it throws me off that they'd ship at different times ???

Just double checking, but more importantly that you've had movement! That is good to hear!
I suppose some of them were for press and some not lol that's why the separate invoices? :cheers: 

I submitted in batches of 3-4. Some of them I chose to submit at later times. Didn't want to send more than 4/box.

On 12/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, Baka_Oni said:

I submitted in batches of 3-4. Some of them I chose to submit at later times. Didn't want to send more than 4/box.

cool! Ya I didn't want to pry, but WAS curious lol 

I see these McFarlane pics by CGC of certain books all spread out, and I'm wondering if they were all from one person's submission lol 

Just so they don't mismatch books to take a pic. I can understand separate batches, no worries, for me it would be due to the cost of all at one time! lol 

:cheers: 

On 12/8/2022 at 3:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Also happens when you request custom labels on some of your submissions.  Those are split into different orders (which I find irritating) each with shipping charges which means they are shipped separately (which is what I have seen for my orders). But back to OP, great to see movement.  I have been getting some traction on 3 additional signings so more coming my way as well.

On 12/8/2022 at 3:08 PM, waynemel said:

Also happens when you request custom labels on some of your submissions.  Those are split into different orders (which I find irritating) each with shipping charges which means they are shipped separately (which is what I have seen for my orders). But back to OP, great to see movement.  I have been getting some traction on 3 additional signings so more coming my way as well.

ah ya

doh! not sure what made me curious then haha but, now I know :cheers: 

On 12/8/2022 at 3:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

cool! Ya I didn't want to pry, but WAS curious lol 

I see these McFarlane pics by CGC of certain books all spread out, and I'm wondering if they were all from one person's submission lol 

Just so they don't mismatch books to take a pic. I can understand separate batches, no worries, for me it would be due to the cost of all at one time! lol 

:cheers: 

For sure! 11 separately would be pricy. In hindsight I'd have combined more, but when it got close to deadline I actually had a couple sellers just throw my slip in their box and send it to Sarasota. :nyah: 

Edited by Baka_Oni

While we wait for the Todd McFarlane signing to finish, my other submissions have been making some headway.  Just got back my Inhyuk Lee submission

Timeline

09/19- Received at CCS

10/04 - signing (@ NYCC 2022)

11/23 - SFG

11/30 - GEI

12/05 - GQC

12/06 - Shipped

12/09 - Received package.

Up next are Patrick Gleason and Rose Besch.

received back my JRJR and JSC submissions over the last 2 days

mixed feelings 

let's start with ASM 238 signed by JRJR

biggest disappointment here falls back to a brain fart on my part .... I knew the book I was submitting did not have the Lakeside Tattooz insert ... yet the primary reason I wanted to submit the book was to get the book slabbed with the custom Hobgoblin label before it was retired by CGC .... I knew I was going to get a green/yellow qualified label but it never hit me that because there was that small strip of green on the label there is no custom label in these circumstances ... lesson learned

the sig was done where I indicated I wanted it and am happy it is done bold ... yes I know it is just his initials but that was all I was expecting

onto the JSC book

not much to say, sig is where I asked for it .... only regret is maybe I should have specified a color (silver) ... while I appreciate that the wallcrawler's primary color (red) was used it kind of gets lost in the dark a bit ... I also saw some in orange that he did, that while seemed like an odd color choice, popped 

new Black Cat custom label would have been nice but clearly it was just made available now not back when I submitted ... still don't know why they haven't fixed the hologram placement covering up a good portion of the art 

both books were pressed by CCS though I am about to abandon that pretty soon as I honestly have seen no indication on any recent submission using their services that their "trade secret process" has done anything to improve even the most basic fixable flaws an amateur presser could fix

lastly, both books are able to shake a bit in the slab ... give neither came back with Newton rings I am going to say CGC has likely done something recently to keep the plastics more separated 

onto the books ......

asm2.jpg.1582efc3c1fe166948e416825e5e41f0.jpg

asm.jpg.f99f6c5d21d8be1e92ea1cd93134eb3a.jpg

On 12/8/2022 at 4:05 PM, Baka_Oni said:

I see you are a black cat fan. Think the new black cat label is worth sending them back in for?

On 12/10/2022 at 2:16 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

received back my JRJR and JSC submissions over the last 2 days

mixed feelings 

let's start with ASM 238 signed by JRJR

biggest disappointment here falls back to a brain fart on my part .... I knew the book I was submitting did not have the Lakeside Tattooz insert ... yet the primary reason I wanted to submit the book was to get the book slabbed with the custom Hobgoblin label before it was retired by CGC .... I knew I was going to get a green/yellow qualified label but it never hit me that because there was that small strip of green on the label there is no custom label in these circumstances ... lesson learned

the sig was done where I indicated I wanted it and am happy it is done bold ... yes I know it is just his initials but that was all I was expecting

onto the JSC book

not much to say, sig is where I asked for it .... only regret is maybe I should have specified a color (silver) ... while I appreciate that the wallcrawler's primary color (red) was used it kind of gets lost in the dark a bit ... I also saw some in orange that he did, that while seemed like an odd color choice, popped 

new Black Cat custom label would have been nice but clearly it was just made available now not back when I submitted ... still don't know why they haven't fixed the hologram placement covering up a good portion of the art 

both books were pressed by CCS though I am about to abandon that pretty soon as I honestly have seen no indication on any recent submission using their services that their "trade secret process" has done anything to improve even the most basic fixable flaws an amateur presser could fix

lastly, both books are able to shake a bit in the slab ... give neither came back with Newton rings I am going to say CGC has likely done something recently to keep the plastics more separated 

onto the books ......

asm2.jpg.1582efc3c1fe166948e416825e5e41f0.jpg

asm.jpg.f99f6c5d21d8be1e92ea1cd93134eb3a.jpg

I like those. Shoulda done that asm 607 one myself

Edited by ShaggyB

More submissions have completed and I arrived safely back home.  Received both the Patrick Gleason and Rose Besch submissions. 

Timeline for Gleason (ASM #55 2nd print Sketch variant)

08/05 - Received at CCS

10/19 - signing

11/30 - SFG

12/05 - GEI

12/06 - GQC

12/07 - Shipped

12/11 - Received

Timeline for Rose Besch (Silk #2 variant). This was a quick turn around based on the dates.

11/03 - Received at CCS

11/14 - signing

12/05 - SFG

12/07 - GEI

12/08 - GQC

12/09 - Shipped

12/12 - Received

On 12/11/2022 at 9:06 PM, Gator Guru said:

I see you are a black cat fan. Think the new black cat label is worth sending them back in for?

With the turnaround time being 59 days, I personally wouldn't. In my experience the custom labels only induce OCD when they don't match the rest.

Edited by Baka_Oni

On 12/12/2022 at 1:37 PM, Baka_Oni said:

With the turnaround time being 59 days, I personally wouldn't. In my experience the custom labels only induce OCD when they don't match the rest.

I like this take as well. I have the Spider-Man NYC label on the Campbell Superior Spider-Man #20 and it looks fantastic. I tried to picture the black cat label and it just seemed like the two different styles for drawing black cat would clash!