• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
13 13

956 posts in this topic

My Mico Suayan book and my Mike Hawthorne book both have been completed and shipping labels have been created in the last 24 hours. So finally something has finished. My Last Ronin book has went to GEI before my Suayan and Hawthorne books, but hasn't moved any since. 

lol I laugh because my 1 book eastman only is still at GEI after nearly 6 weeks, it included a press, but it is at cgc now, in time and hopefully soon it will be done :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I got my Tynion/Dell’Ederra/Alvaro lots (2x 4 per pair) back last week. My 3 for Bagley shows as shipping today/tomorrow. 

No movement on Bingham, Wolfman, Jock or Williamson. Wolfman I see as having not happened yet. The latter two - the deadline wasn’t so long ago. Bingham? 

I’m scared to submit more now, though, while waiting on 4 creators. 

On 7/11/2022 at 10:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I laugh because my 1 book eastman only is still at GEI after nearly 6 weeks, it included a press, but it is at cgc now, in time and hopefully soon it will be done :) 

I'm only a week into GEI for my three so let's see!

On 7/11/2022 at 9:54 AM, Chaz G. said:

My Starlin book just went to SFG.

Hopefully movement on mine soon. Still "Received at CCS"

On 7/11/2022 at 12:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

QC Today!

C'mon Shipped!

On 7/12/2022 at 11:45 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 7/11/2022 at 12:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I laugh because my 1 book eastman only is still at GEI after nearly 6 weeks, it included a press, but it is at cgc now, in time and hopefully soon it will be done :) 

QC Today!

C'mon Shipped!

and ..... shipped.

Eastman sig only, TMNT #4 2nd print.

Grade in spoiler

Spoiler

9.2 graders notes: light staple rust

I submitted 10 books signature series through agents of slabs at megacon 5/20. They were recieved 6/17 and haven't moved into scheduled for grading yet. My non signature series submissions through CGC's booth from the con have been scheduled for grading shortly after being Received 6/20. I know turnaround times aren't necessarily accurate I haven't ever submitted signature series before. I know there have been a ton of cons and signings recently so again expect a wait but want to compare with other people to make sure I shouldn't be worried. I'm still fairly new to comic grading in general. 

On 7/12/2022 at 2:46 PM, Amandasue1213 said:

I submitted 10 books signature series through agents of slabs at megacon 5/20. They were recieved 6/17 and haven't moved into scheduled for grading yet. My non signature series submissions through CGC's booth from the con have been scheduled for grading shortly after being Received 6/20. I know turnaround times aren't necessarily accurate I haven't ever submitted signature series before. I know there have been a ton of cons and signings recently so again expect a wait but want to compare with other people to make sure I shouldn't be worried. I'm still fairly new to comic grading in general. 

Well presumably they'll be done about or around the same time as the other moderns. In house signings advertised on cgcs site have special circumstances that they try to guarantee a 8 week tst max.

But thay said

When done through a facilitator or anywhere else where the actual witnessed signing happened somewhere else than cgc headquarters, then expect the tat and check in to be the same as tier selected.

So if all moderns

Here is the link to were cgc posts expected tat

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

Now that said....

Some things happen quicker than others, cgcs accounting afaik is SUPPOSED to be fifo according to tier and factors, that is first in first out.

It doesnt always happen!

That said

Here is the thread in the comics general forum. that you van keep track of, it shows people reporting when they get stuff back and or when their status changes, be sure to look for people posting the same tier and criteria. Itll be the same in that thread presumably because you signature series books signings weren't done at cgc specifically 

My second Terry Austin "batch" just went to GEI. I say "batch" as I originally submitted it (X-Men 112) as part of the George Perez submission with a few Crisis on Infinite Earths. Moved the Crisis' over to Marv Wolfman signing and the Sig Series people were nice enough to move 112 to the Terry Austin. I sent a note when I hadn't seen it move and I received my other Terry Austin submissions back already. Sounds like they had to have two Terry Austin signings and now the second one is moving along. 

I just submitted my X-Men #1 collectors edition for Pressing/Grading/Jim Lee signature. The only status I have right now is that they received my book from USPS and since the cut off is July 24, 2022 I probably won't hear much till after that.

My last two are on the way back, technically, one shipped a week ago and should be here either tomorrow or Monday and the other has a ship date of Monday.

One is a sketch cover from 2021 though, so it carried over to this year.  The other is a TMNT book from the Last Ronin signing.

On 7/11/2022 at 4:17 PM, waynemel said:

My Inhyuk Lee submission is still at "Received at CCS" (marked at 4/13/22) and the signing happened on 5/18 and 5/19.  Nearing the the 8 week turn around time :)

No difference.  Same status.