• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage September 2022 comic and art auction
3 3

593 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2022 at 10:44 AM, grapeape said:

It's too quiet. Bids at a standstill now some are getting dust on them. Usually I just keep my head down on auction week but maybe reasonable prices are visible through the trees?

Predator Hunting Grounds GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

There it is….he called out “no hitter” in the 9th inning before the last out.  

On 9/5/2022 at 8:04 PM, comix4fun said:

There it is….he called out “no hitter” in the 9th inning before the last out.  

Nah..... it just means I gotta work on my meme game. I thought projecting “optimism” of lower prices visible  “through the trees” while posting a picture of the Predator using his invisibility shield while up “in the trees” would suggest death from above for those who really believe prices are coming down.

cue the hilarity me thinks. lol responses on the way me thinks. Back to the drawing board me thinks :facepalm:

Edited by grapeape

On 9/6/2022 at 7:31 AM, drdonaldblake1 said:

I can't believe this pages current price! Such a small image of Spidey😕

The expression on JJJ is terrific and the overall vibe of the page is great, but yes, very small spidey.   It will be interesting to see what it goes for.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:41 AM, Bronty said:

The expression on JJJ is terrific and the overall vibe of the page is great, but yes, very small spidey.   It will be interesting to see what it goes for.

Its only a small image of Spidey in comparison to JJJ.  I think the Spidey image is actually larger than what you'd get from Ditko's standard page/panel layout.

On 9/6/2022 at 10:09 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Its only a small image of Spidey in comparison to JJJ.  I think the Spidey image is actually larger than what you'd get from Ditko's standard page/panel layout.

You know what, taking another look at it, you're absolutely right.

On 9/7/2022 at 7:39 AM, KirbyCollector said:

I would caution against making any assumptions. First, there is a lot of art going up in the next few weeks at CLink, HA and Comic Connect; I'm personally waiting to see how some things go before I place bids on later items. Second, I'm having success with obtaining art from other collectors (especially those outside the US, due to the dollar strength). I'm paying FMV, but these transactions don't show up anywhere. The boatload of cash transactions ($10K+/page) I saw in NJ between collectors also looked very healthy to me, for what it is worth.

Yeah, the current US/Euro parity is awesome!

On 9/7/2022 at 9:30 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

This is just a generalization, but approximately four years ago pieces during the heritage live auction only went up 40 to 60%. Lately, on live bidding day we are seeing pages and covers rise by multiples, 3×4 times and even five times is not uncommon

i totally agree with this, yoram. i think that many pieces will see a drastic jump

I was watching a few items closely. The Buscema Avengers 62 cover was one of them. Always like the cover and especially the inks. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/john-buscema-and-george-klein-the-avengers-62-cover-black-panther-and-man-ape-original-art-marvel-/a/7279-91005.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-SearchResults-120115&lotPosition=4|0

I got an email last week that the description had changed.
They Added: "Black Panther faces the Man-Ape in his first appearance on this cover"...the "First Appearance" part was what was new. 
That made this piece a lot of more interesting to watch when it goes "live", especially given all the online interviews with Winston Duke talking about how the character has some "big central" role going forward. I haven't watched a "silver age first appearance cover live auction fireworks" in a while. lol 

On 9/7/2022 at 9:30 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

This is just a generalization, but approximately four years ago pieces during the heritage live auction only went up 40 to 60%. Lately, on live bidding day we are seeing pages and covers rise by multiples, 3×4 times and even five times is not uncommon

I think people got smarter. Unless a bidder is placing a knockout high price proxy, incremental bidding just raises the floor and risks an increase in the final sales price beyond what it might be as other potential bidders adjust what they will pay. I have pretty much stopped doing it as counterproductive.

Not sure about that 40-60% jump. To me, they seemed all over the map, with some prices quadrupling at the lower end of the price spectrum, and some barely moving. Even Sal’s art.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:30 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I pray this trend continues, a crash/correction is not good press for enticing those OA flipper investors