• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage September 2022 comic and art auction
3 3

593 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2022 at 3:34 PM, lobrac said:

Congrats to the 87K newly hired IRS agents on Jon Bogdanove's spectacular auction!

Given what most of those pieces went for, I suspect Jon would be the rare person giggling when paying his tax bill this year.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:55 PM, batman_fan said:

This one makes me very happy.  I have a real nice splash with a real large Ghost Rider image that I have been debating letting go but really no recent price info to know where they were at these days.

AE10A7A5-240E-4250-AF6B-88DB70586226.jpeg

A really nice result on that cover. It’s a beauty, that’s for sure. Makes me wonder what a Saltares/Tex page from the first issue would sell for nowadays.

On 9/9/2022 at 3:05 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

I am about as big of an X-men fan around… but anyway I look At this my brain can not fathom the results…

5CC136D6-265A-45D3-A5A1-344B2928928B.png

Higher than I thought it would go, but not necessarily surprised. Popular crossover event, early Cable appearance, wolverine and Jean drama, and basically direct from the artist. 

On 9/10/2022 at 4:01 AM, comix4fun said:

I'm just glad the artist is getting the money. 

Really strong prices. 

QFT!

Maybe this will incentivise more artists to sell their OA 🙂

On 9/10/2022 at 4:01 AM, comix4fun said:

I'm just glad the artist is getting the money. 

Really strong prices. 

And result in more grail level art being available

On 9/10/2022 at 6:46 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Miller Wolverine page went for $102K…I don’t think anyone saw that one coming!

That is ridiculous!🤯

The cover for wolverine 3 LS sold on CL around 2017 I think for around $35 K......but my memory could be way off here

On 9/10/2022 at 6:46 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Miller Wolverine page went for $102K…I don’t think anyone saw that one coming!

On 9/8/2022 at 6:50 PM, Legion of Goom said:

$90k with juice. Looks like that's a record for a public McKean Sandman cover, nearly double the last one I could find.

No idea if any have traded privately for more.

I was curious about the "technically" published Kieth Sandman #4 Double-Page Spread.  $63K  is not a bad result. 

On 9/9/2022 at 6:54 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Across the board I think we can conclusively concur, the crash / correction has officially occured this auction 

😂

There wasn’t anything in the “scraps” budget range ($10k and under) for us scrappers! Almost snagged the Zeck Punisher cover for $10k but was underbidder.

On to the next session!

On 9/9/2022 at 6:52 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Congrats to the winner of the Elektra Sienkiewicz page.  An amazing deal. 

I'm  absolutely baffled about this. :whatthe:

Jae Lee Something Is Killing the Children #1 Cover. $22,800.00 w/BP.   

I was shocked at that, too. It sold super high. After the luster is off that series (and I think that's happening now, especially since the TV show hasn't materialized), whoever paid that better LOVE that piece of art.

On 9/9/2022 at 5:15 PM, Michael Browning said:

A really nice result on that cover. It’s a beauty, that’s for sure. Makes me wonder what a Saltares/Tex page from the first issue would sell for nowadays.

Really strong price - but it's a great Ghost Rider cover. I'm quite happy because I have a decent cover and a DPS from this title. 

On 9/10/2022 at 1:25 AM, KirbyCollector said:

I'm going to keep beating this horse but this auctioneer is terrible... she keeps extending the bid with BS when she should be giving fair warning and running the clock out

You do realize her job is to get the highest price possible, right?

On 9/10/2022 at 1:32 AM, Kryptic1 said:

Neal Adams splash to Brave and the Bold 84 sold for $28,800 at Heritage in January and $22,800 today.

Really surprised by this as this sale is coming after Neal's passing.

Prices for Adams art in the last Signature auction, soon after the news broke, were very strong.

Edited by tth2