• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 8:48 AM, Atomic Ponkie said:

Can somebody explain the greggy meme? 

board mascot, most known board member (active)

known for saying suck it and xoxo

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 8/9/2022 at 3:40 AM, Sigur Ros said:
On 8/8/2022 at 9:28 PM, BriD. said:

Really? Can you share anything that says that? The way the guy from Black Flag was talking in the now removed Facebook video, it seemed he just wanted to sell out so he didn't lose money. I don't remember him saying anything about veterans. If he really was doing this to benefit veterans I think he would have led with that. I admit I didn't watch the entire video but I think I watched the whole thing before he started to talk about Boston. 

My mistake, I may have misremembered it as veterans.  It was a discussion amongst veterans I was reading.  But apparently it's a "tribute to fallen heroes".   Hence the folded flag. 

Someone asked what it had to do with USA.  I suppose the American flag should have been clue enough. 

I asked why put a USA, Stars and Stripes, folded American flag on top of an UF 4. What one has to do with the other; how these 2 things relate; why anyone cared for this cover before the release.

I understand the American Flag is loosely associated with the USA.

Edited by manetteska

On 8/9/2022 at 10:46 AM, manetteska said:

I asked why put a USA, Stars and Stripes, folded American flag on top of an UF 4. What one has to do with the other; how these 2 things relate; why anyone cared for this cover before the release.

Shutterstock was having a sale on clip art.

On 8/9/2022 at 9:46 AM, manetteska said:

I think they were trying to capitalize on Americans being overly patriotic. Same reason you see the flag on underwear, cups, etc. The book looks like something you would find at the Dollar Store on the 4th of July.