• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Grading Is Broken...Im done.
6 6

202 posts in this topic

If you want a tear jerker try the series  "we live"

There are some others, but off the bat I'm drawing blanks other than what's been said. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/30/2022 at 5:35 PM, Galen130 said:

Was that on purpose?  If so, I hate how people talk these days…even on television. :pullhair:

Lol on top of hitting the space bar early, I'm in the wrong thread for some odd doh!

Wa wa wawawwawh ~seriously getting it done, typing, while multi tasking is such an excuse lol that doesn't hold up!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/30/2022 at 4:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol on top of hitting the space bar early, I'm in the wrong thread for some odd doh!

Wa wa wawawwawh ~seriously getting it done, typing, while multi tasking is such an excuse lol that doesn't hold up!

Head over to the cornfield…got some Prevagen for ya. :baiting:

On 8/30/2022 at 5:53 PM, Galen130 said:

Head over to the cornfield…got some Prevagen for ya. :baiting:

😂 I forget how to spell her name but Mayim Bialik commercials have me sold on it, but comics comics comics.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/30/2022 at 3:00 PM, Tnexus said:

I understand as a doctor, health doesn't work a 9 to 5, but this honestly sounds like people just not wanting to sacrifice their life to the job.

Yeah.  But that's not how the job works.  You can't sign up to be a truck driver and then say you don't want to drive trucks.  

Wow, I really gotta keep up with the slang.

This modern "grading" discussion is pretty wild.

My problem with grading is you used to be able to hire some kids (or sometime old people who dislike their spouse) to flip fast-food burgers for maybe three fiddy and a ball of string and some 'life experience' that would educate them to show up, decently dressed, and eventually lead to a real yob. But now you gotta pay them someone's idea of a life wage.  Sheesh.

Edited by grebal
Whatta kick in the 'nads this modern grading thing can be.

On 8/30/2022 at 5:02 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Minimum wage is just that: the minimum wage required for this job. It's up to the individual to excel in his job to get themselves past minimum wage. It is a symbiotic relationship - employers pay employees to get better at their job - so employees get more money and employers get more stability and actually save money by not requiring to train new people. This is my philosophy for business, and it has worked out very well for us. I love our employees and pay them above average - because the ones who excel at their job get rewarded for staying with us and in turn, I don't have to keep re-training people.

The minimum wage is required - everyone has to start somewhere. And they go up from there. If they can't go up, that's their problem - not mine. It's how America's workforce was built, and I am sorely disappointed that my generation (Gen X) raised a bunch of numbnuts children to not get that concept as they enter into adulthood.

Minimum wage is the lowest places are allowed to pay you legally.
If they could pay you less they would.

It has not kept up with inflation thus the schism that exists.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/14/full-time-minimum-wage-workers-cant-afford-rent-anywhere-in-the-us.html

BTW Specifically at @Dr. Balls.

I had off today so I decided to bike and walk the beach on Fire Island around 10-11 miles round trip.  As a reward when I do this, I go for lunch at one of the restaurants in this town called Ocean Beach.  Now I am off so it's me flying solo.   So yes, since I am by myself I am people watching and eavesdropping.  

The entitlement exhibited by the Gen Z moms and dads with toddlers and the way that they treat the waitstaff was abhorrent.  I have no idea what you go through in dealing with this crowd but it got to the point that I was going to tell them to knock it off (as I tend to do sometimes - like I've told Greggy I am fully aware that someone will shoot me) but... someone beat me to it. 

Edited by Buzzetta