• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Grading Is Broken...Im done.
6 6

202 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 3:32 PM, Prince Namor said:

I know. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

I've heard it from Gen Z'er before. "I'll work hard! I'll never miss a shift! I'm really good at the job!"

Blah blah blah

Do the job. Get respect.

They don't.

You listen to their BS. And feel sorry.

Me? I see the RESULTS. And it doesn't add up to squat.

So maybe YOU should hire them.

Yeah, reading your posts, I can’t imagine why people wouldn’t be falling all over themselves to earn your respect. 🙄

On 8/30/2022 at 2:26 PM, Prince Namor said:

Yeah, the thought process presented here is NOT: GenZers suck - everyone else doesn't. 

There are lazy people in all groups.

As a whole, based on the ones I'VE worked with, this generation is a tragic misstep in the wrong direction. 

Gen X probably worse....or don't care. (thumbsu

Generation X.jpeg

Gex X.jpg

I was watching a tv show and the adult was yelling and threatening the staff, the young staff looked at him and said that doesn't work with our generation. studies show blah blah blah

I was completely taken back by that situation, but it appears to be common now

On 8/30/2022 at 2:26 PM, Prince Namor said:

Yeah, the thought process presented here is NOT: GenZers suck - everyone else doesn't. 

There are lazy people in all groups.

As a whole, based on the ones I'VE worked with, this generation is a tragic misstep in the wrong direction. 

I'm a physician, we're expected to work long hours and be available because people's health matters.  Newly minted docs are coming out and don't want to take call, don't want to call patients back, don't want to get up early or stay late, don't want to work nights.  It's not all of them, but the trend is there and obvious.  Everyone notices it, but nobody knows how to fix it.  

I have a lot of respect for the older generation, still do. I know my generation had it easier and this current generation even easier than the rest

did you inherit a ton of problems, did the previous generations make mistakes, yes and yes

but the world could have been far worse

lots of progress has been made in the last 20-30 years, not to mention the past 60-100

sometimes its better to shut up and listen for a change

that's what i do with people who are older, i may not always agree but i do tend to learn a thing or two

On 8/30/2022 at 4:44 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I guess this would depend on the vocation. In my particular field (food service), I interact mostly with younger generations for employment, and the older generations for support services. What I have observed in both is that older generation workers (delivery drivers, tradesmen, technicians) are far more stable and competent. I rarely see the younger generations work out with any of those support services that we see on a weekly basis. They will get a new delivery driver and they maybe last 3 weeks. Younger people are almost impossible to keep as food service workers for whatever reason you want to choose from. I don't think they understand the concept that paying someone $18/hour for $10/hour worth of competency is not how the world can function. There is a disconnect with them as to what "minimum wage" and "entry level" jobs are meant to be. Those are the jobs that teach you skills to earn more money. If you're not willing to learn the baseline skills of being an employee in whatever vocation you are in - then I guess all there is left to do is to whine about how no one pays enough money. 

Bingo

On 8/30/2022 at 2:04 PM, Dr. Love said:

You will own nothing. And you will be happy.

"Welcome to the year 2030. Welcome to my city - or should I say, "our city." I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes.

It might seem odd to you, but it makes perfect sense for us in this city. Everything you considered a product, has now become a service. We have access to transportation, accommodation, food and all the things we need in our daily lives. One by one all these things became free, so it ended up not making sense for us to own much.

Once in a while I get annoyed about the fact that I have no real privacy. Nowhere I can go and not be registered. I know that, somewhere, everything I do, think and dream of is recorded. I just hope that nobody will use it against me.

All in all, it is a good life." 

Also, they own no sweet Romance books.