• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Yes I'm referring to the scroll label that had to be corrected. Hopefully they're using the new ones now. Otherwise hoping it won't be necessary to print out another submission form in the event I get the obscured version and need to send back. 

This is what I was told:

"All in-house books that have not been sent out are being held for the new labels."

On 12/6/2022 at 5:46 PM, ak47po said:

Todd being awesome! Signing cards for a lucky few to go along with your submission.:headbang:

Would be great if some of the boardies get one in their submission!

Edited by ak47po

UPDATE: They just hit my account.

I sent in three submissions in one box, separated by packing list. Two have been entered, one has not. I called CGC a few weeks ago, gave them my packing list number. Haven't heard anything back. Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by Earl Daigle Jr.
Update

On 12/6/2022 at 7:14 PM, MGsimba77 said:

I sent him a page not a book. Last page of ASM 299. Nice empty parking space on the upper right section of the page👍

Nice, i tried to send different books instead of the the same old stuff. Maybe you might have a better chance a getting one of the signed cards with some of the unusual stuff?

On 12/6/2022 at 7:20 PM, fatlab123 said:

does anyone know if go through ccs ..do they reuse your bag and board for the signing or do they put in in their yellow bag and board .  Thanks

Pressing happens after the signing, so if you window bagged it will be signed in what you provided.

After it is Signed it will go to pressing, and is probably why under tracking currently you see received at ccs; otherwise it would say sfg at cgc; either way, both designations for a signing are before the signing takes place and in the current provided window bag.

Unless you didn't window bag, then cgc would step up and do it. :cheers:

When received at the Florida building it will show up either as received at ccs or sfg at cgc, that is upon arrival and before the signing. It will update from there after the signing. :)

So whatever you sent it in, provided its a window bag is what cgc will use at the signing .

On 12/6/2022 at 7:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 12/6/2022 at 7:20 PM, fatlab123 said:

does anyone know if go through ccs ..do they reuse your bag and board for the signing or do they put in in their yellow bag and board .  Thanks

Pressing happens after the signing, so if you window bagged it will be signed in what you provided.

After it is Signed it will go to pressing, and is probably why under tracking currently you see received at ccs; otherwise it would say sfg at cgc; either way, both designations for a signing are before the signing takes place and in the current provided window bag.

Unless you didn't window bag, then cgc would step up and do it. :cheers:

On 12/6/2022 at 4:52 PM, ak47po said:

Todd on where to get a book signed.

I agree with Todd, but the examples he gives aren't very good because the empty space is cramped. Maybe if the writer/artist had a smaller signature, sure, but Todd has a large signature.

On 12/6/2022 at 7:47 PM, andamovie said:

I agree with Todd, but the examples he gives aren't very good because the empty space is cramped. Maybe if the writer/artist had a smaller signature, sure, but Todd has a large signature.

I noticed that too, and the "bigger negative space, bigger signature?" 

Threw me off, if I was able to send a blank for a spawn book or whatever,.would the sig have been comic book size? 

I also get that he's THE artist on most, but it made me squint. He probably feels the same way about it, we meet in the middle and here we are! Hahahahahahahaha 😂

On 12/6/2022 at 8:47 PM, andamovie said:

He could either sign his first name on top of the last or the "T. Mcfarlane" in those specific examples. He'd rather do that than sign the full name horizontally on top of artwork if avoidable.