• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2022 at 9:39 AM, Eddiebrock147 said:

Mine was delivered on the 20th and still not checked in

On 11/18/2022 at 9:23 AM, Lothran said:

Mine was delivered on 10/27 and still not checked in yet.

A little concerned, but tracking shows they have it so, I guess it's just the waiting game.

On 11/18/2022 at 9:15 AM, snox said:

UPS delivered by books to CGC on the 9th, but CGC has yet to checkin my submission. I've experienced CGC checking in my books after the delivery "deadline" before, but it's the 18th now and I'm getting a bit worried that they misplaced my submission. Glad I'm not alone here, but I'm starting to get a bit worried. Hopefully they just have a backlog to get through. 

On 11/18/2022 at 1:02 PM, revat said:

for those of you who are still waiting for your books to be checked in at CGC, take solace in the fact that THEY WANT YOUR MONEY.  They've already got your books and presumably your money, which is the hard part.  It would be silly to just let your books languish in the warehouse when you can prove they already have it.

So, their choices are:  

1.  Open your boxes slowly and perform a service which they advertised and are providing for thousands of other people, and take your money and make revenue to pay their expenses and make profit for their owners/investors, build their reputation with Todd Mc by giving him more money (and boosting his ego with more sigs).

2.  Or take up space in the warehouse for an extended period of time, not make any money on you, make you an unhappy customer who didn't even pay them, and then they pay for return shipping to you of your unsigned books, all the while being responsible for your books while in their possession.

Quoting so you all see this last quote, as it is relevant, also:

My McFarlane DID NOT check in, until 3 days ago! and it was DELIVERED OCT 10th

when I called after it DID CHECK IN, I was told by the rep, "Ah, I was wondering what 'day' they were on!?!"

That I didn't believe, as I thought others had checked in BEFORE ME, but if we take the REP LITERALLY lol:roflmao:

IT IS POSSIBLE, that as of 3 days ago CGC was handling packages from OCT 10th. I also felt the unease, now that it is checked in, I hope my story helps relieve that uneasiness :wishluck: 

On 11/18/2022 at 10:15 AM, snox said:

UPS delivered by books to CGC on the 9th, but CGC has yet to checkin my submission. I've experienced CGC checking in my books after the delivery "deadline" before, but it's the 18th now and I'm getting a bit worried that they misplaced my submission. Glad I'm not alone here, but I'm starting to get a bit worried. Hopefully they just have a backlog to get through. 

Just go an email back from CGC. Essentially, the delay is due to the recent NYCC/Baltimore Comic Con and also the extreme amount of submissions they've received for the Todd McFarlane signing event. I was told that as long as my package is in their warehouse, it will eventually make it's way into the submission tracker. 

I was able to confirm that my package was in their warehouse by using the "Confirm Package Delivery" tool in the My Submissions page. Just entered in the tracking number from the delivery service I used. 

They couldn't give an ETA, but just explained that it's just a submission volume problem, and that things are moving a bit slowly. Hope this puts a few people at ease.

image.png.bcb87974c3e3ffa48b41520ac5810370.png

On 11/17/2022 at 12:39 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Well then im.going to go back in time and pinch that guy at nycc that said the tickets were all gone lol.  I got to see him that year but I unfortunately wasnt in the line.  In all of his instagram videos he looks like he's having. A blast so I can definitely see that carrying over to shows. Thanks man; I'm gonna shoot to meet him at future shows. 

Don't get me wrong -- he's "sold out" when he's there -- but I didn't need to sleep out to get tickets -- I just made it the first stop of the morning as doors opened.   I'm from Australia and I've been taking my son to SDCC since 2005 (he was 8) - this past year was the first year I've gone without him (that really sucked) -- but I was live streaming him as I lined up for Todd - and grabbed Todd as he walked by -- Todd was so awesome, he stopped and gave my son a few moments or live time saying "g'day" to him.  One of my friends got pictures of the whole thing going down -- it was a very cool fan moment.    So my advice is just to prioritize getting Todd tickets at whatever con - and you should be fine without much hassle.

On 11/17/2022 at 10:15 PM, Ferretboy said:

I first saw him at a Mid Ohio con in Fall of 1988.  He has not changed.  The line was long that day, and I would kind of step to the side to see what was taking so long at the front.  Todd was taking the time with each fan to ask how they were doing, if they were enjoying themselves.  This was shortly after his start on ASM.  He was obviously enjoying himself, kidding around with the person  who was seated next to him  (Keith Giffen, iirc).  It made the wait in the line a lot more tolerable.

Compare that to Jon Byrne at the same convention.  He obviously didn't wat to be there.  Next, get the book signed, Next.  Two very different experiences for the fans.

Yeah - John Byrne is a unique guy.  I personally know of how awesome he can be for his fans - but his general persona is not so warm and fuzzy.  Things he thinks are funny, his fans don't - like his rubber stamp signature - he literally had his signature made into a runner stamp and if you presented him a "reprint" book to get signed, he would stamp it saying "reprint signature for a reprint book".  Funny to him - but what a fkn move to the fan who has waited to meet their favorite artist etc.  At the same time I have personal first hand knowledge of stories of how generous and gracious he is --- but those other stories just outweigh the great ones.  I feel bad for him in a way.  Guys like George Perez were simply adored by fans - John Byrne could be the biggest of the big right now at conventions -- instead he's a footnote.

• Administrator

Regarding the hologram covering the custom label for the McFarlane SS books:

CGC got on this immediately. We have requested new labels be printed and rushed. We are hoping to have labels within a week, although Thanksgiving may affect this. All in-house books that have not been sent out are being held for the new labels. If a customer already received a book with the hologram covering the label, the best course of action is to reach out to the Sig Team and they will happily send Mechanical Error instructions so this can be fixed. Signatureseries@cgccomics.com 

This issue is only happening on the McFarlane scroll label, the Spawn label is good to go.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:16 PM, CGC Mike said:

Regarding the hologram covering the custom label for the McFarlane SS books:

CGC got on this immediately. We have requested new labels be printed and rushed. We are hoping to have labels within a week, although Thanksgiving may affect this. All in-house books that have not been sent out are being held for the new labels. If a customer already received a book with the hologram covering the label, the best course of action is to reach out to the Sig Team and they will happily send Mechanical Error instructions so this can be fixed. Signatureseries@cgccomics.com 

This issue is only happening on the McFarlane scroll label, the Spawn label is good to go.

Thanks! Peace for the Holidays then :cheers:

AND thanks for letting us know :) 

Question, and it's now too late, but I sent it a CGC slabbed book for this signing. I wasn't able to "window bag" for obvious reasons. How does CGC handle this? It's also my first book sent in for re encapsulation. It's hulk 340, iconic cover, and I added pressing services with fingers crossed that I get the Todd's signature and a possible bump up in grade.... Would love to hear your responses. Thanks in advance.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:06 PM, dpolis said:

Question, and it's now too late, but I sent it a CGC slabbed book for this signing. I wasn't able to "window bag" for obvious reasons. How does CGC handle this? It's also my first book sent in for re encapsulation. It's hulk 340, iconic cover, and I added pressing services with fingers crossed that I get the Todd's signature and a possible bump up in grade.... Would love to hear your responses. Thanks in advance.

@dpolis CGC will window bag it for you no problem (thumbsu

If it has not showed up under submission tracking, then give it time, as you're not alone. They are swamped. If you still have your shipping tracking, under the view status page under your account, to the right or under it enter your mail carrier tracking number. That will show if it was delivered to CGC and is safe.

Beyond that it'll check in, Lord willing eventually, and CGC should be able to window bag no problem. As for the Deadline, I'm not sure how lenient afterward CGC is, but the deadline was the 11th of Nov.

On 11/19/2022 at 8:50 PM, catch21 said:

In this video of him signing  privately in NYCC, he signed most like yours.
https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17873029649772108/?hl=en

I can only guess that he had a more limited amount of time, there, for the amount of books he got? I mean compared to traveling and spending a days in end at cgc? Hope

I called they confirmed they have it and they got over loaded with submissions so have not updated their system yet.

Mine was received and in their system on 11/10 even tho it was picked up on the 2nd. Still not updated on their website. The customer service is really great if you call them.

That being said friends who sent there books early and had them pressed already are getting their books back already.I just hope that none of my 9.8s sent come back lower and that my Spiderman platinum comes back as high as I think it is.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:50 PM, catch21 said:

In this video of him signing  privately in NYCC, he signed most like yours.
https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17873029649772108/?hl=en

I believe so. My books shipped to CGC on Sept. I Don feel like sending my books back again for the fix custom label. It’s just a label. 

On 11/19/2022 at 5:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@dpolis CGC will window bag it for you no problem (thumbsu

If it has not showed up under submission tracking, then give it time, as you're not alone. They are swamped. If you still have your shipping tracking, under the view status page under your account, to the right or under it enter your mail carrier tracking number. That will show if it was delivered to CGC and is safe.

Beyond that it'll check in, Lord willing eventually, and CGC should be able to window bag no problem. As for the Deadline, I'm not sure how lenient afterward CGC is, but the deadline was the 11th of Nov.

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated. Yes, I did check that status with both my shipping agent and through CGC. Both show they have received it. I am familiar with the waiting process. I've had books there for almost a year in past submissions, but eventually they have all come back. I am disappointed I didn't figure out a way to leave Todd a message for ink color preferences and or location. Fingers crossed he takes care of me. LOL  

On 11/21/2022 at 1:15 PM, dpolis said:

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated. Yes, I did check that status with both my shipping agent and through CGC. Both show they have received it. I am familiar with the waiting process. I've had books there for almost a year in past submissions, but eventually they have all come back. I am disappointed I didn't figure out a way to leave Todd a message for ink color preferences and or location. Fingers crossed he takes care of me. LOL  

I included 4 Marvy deco paint pens, each pen factory sealed, with requests for color on each comic.  The pens can be used until the ink is gone on other submissions (hoping if this happens per request, as long as the staff takes proper care and time for the sigs to properly dry).  Paint pens pop so much more than the boring sharpies on everything in the history of sigs. This is not rocket science.

What are my chances?  One in one-million?

On 11/20/2022 at 10:32 PM, ak47po said:

Already selling like hot cakes. ALL T-bagged.:facepalm:

Well.....listed like hot cakes....only one has sold so far, and it was 'best offer accepted' so sale price is unknown.

I also don't like the placement of his signature right across the art...heaps of space below Spider-man to sign without infringing on the art.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:24 PM, FXD said:

Well.....listed like hot cakes....only one has sold so far, and it was 'best offer accepted' so sale price is unknown.

I also don't like the placement of his signature right across the art...heaps of space below Spider-man to sign without infringing on the art.

Try the website

130point.com

That will tell you best offer prices. :cheers:

On 11/24/2022 at 11:29 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Try the website

130point.com

That will tell you best offer prices. :cheers:

Ok thanks! Looks like the El Quinto Mundo signed 9.8 sold for $700. 30% below asking price.

Edited by FXD

On 11/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, FXD said:

Ok thanks! Looks like the El Quinto Mundo signed 9.8 sold for $700. 30% below asking price.

Ya I didn't have a chance to provide a link, but bookmark it.  :)

https://130point.com/sales/

It'll help with best offers, sometimes the load up of the site takes a while, but it's a free resource; although they make money from sales from links or to donate keeping up and running sometimes but all good!