• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggest new CUSTOM CGC LABELS here!
9 9

140 posts in this topic

I don't have any cool pictures to show but how about something that isn't modern or x-men related? I would love to see a limited run of Millie the Model, Blonde Phantom, Teen Romance, or maybe take the cover of Showgirls #1 as a compromise.

I would really like to see more non-marvel options.

Rather than a character label, I'd like to see genre labels.  Something generic.  Like a war book could have a silhouette barb wire, broken tank, dead soldier, etc label.  Or a romance book could have some framing hearts around the edges.

If I can get my books in order, I intend on submitting a few for those art-school "ringling" labels and that neat heart "Kulture" logo.

Maybe CGC could reach out to Mark Schultz and get a sweet Dinosaur for a label?

On 2/4/2023 at 10:51 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I would also highly recommend to CGC they create some labels of PUBLIC DOMAIN characters/events so they will not have to worry about paying ongoing license fees to maintain. Investing in a graphic designer to do up some would also give CGC control of exactly how it fits/looks on the label rather than being at the mercy of whatever art is provided to them by a publisher. 

One idea of this would be offer a custom SOTI label for any book that appeared in the Seduction of the Innocent trials. Could be as simple as a graphic logo, or a collage of 'gruesome' art used in the trial, or even perhaps a drawing of the court room during the actual event!

lf-2.thumb.jpeg.166c7f96b02739d60be209fd9ba6126a.jpeg

Was going to post the exact same thing. I would LOVE to see some Golden Age custom labels, specifically a SOTI one!

I would probably buy a copy of FF4 just for this label lol. But some variation of Namors first cover appearance, with the number box having some sort of sick water backdrop.

712F4EB9-922B-4832-BAFB-20C17694C828.thumb.jpeg.22437f29cf817a9e043d5a021dea4d0f.jpeg

BBACE9F2-2A6F-4E5F-8445-2FC006FA024D.jpeg

Edited by Nazirite

Well, after seeing this rather atrocious gimmicky looking label here, I can totally understand why they don't want any more DC labels:  :p  lol

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7339-238001.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

lf?set=path%5B2%2F7%2F6%2F8%2F6%2F27686855%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Totally distracts and takes away from the underlying book itself which will probably keep the bidding down on it by a few increments.  doh!

Edited by lou_fine