• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC’s OFFICIAL Mechanical Errors / Returns Policy
11 11

433 posts in this topic

Given cgc reputation of old, part of me wants to believe that they just were never getting paid for reholders even though it was a paid tier.

Just send as "me", but if true it's hard not say good on @CGC Mikefor not making a fuss. 

Idk. So much that I could read into it, that's why I'm some past posts I tried to frame as a question.... There are just so many of them though.

:jawdrop:

On 5/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, ak47po said:

Effective May 16, 2023, CGC has updated its Mechanical Errors returns policy for clarity and consistency. All Mechanical Error submissions, regardless of error, must be received by CGC within 14 days of the submitter’s receipt of the collectable.

Who wants to bet the new return shipping will be the slowest possible method to ensure it takes over 14 days.

Also noticed it says received, not delivered. So it can be delivered, but they can just not process it received for two weeks.

Once my credit is drained, I'm definitely done submitting.

On 5/16/2023 at 6:43 PM, I like pie said:

Curious if CGC will actually listen but I doubt it.

Reminds of a movie I saw a while back (Don't recall the name - it wasn't that great)

Anyway, some big CEO type guy is sitting at a table in a fancy restaurant. A lady reporter walks up to him and says something like "If you don't do what's right, I'm going to tell everyone what a b@st@rd you are."

The guy looks at her for a few seconds and says, "Honey, you can call me whatever you want ... as long as I'm rich."

• Administrator
On 5/16/2023 at 5:50 PM, Stefan_W said:

Question about all of this that maybe @CGC Mike can look into - The new policy clearly says that MEs now have to arrive at CGC within two weeks, but I have to have an international label made since I am sending from Canada. The international label takes days to process before it is sent to me, and I can't control how long it takes FedEx to get the package back (usually 2 days but sometimes 3). I feel as though people in Canada should get an extra week. 

I'll have to look into this rule regarding international customers.  

On 5/16/2023 at 8:36 PM, Iceman399 said:

$20 or $50 depending on value (less any discounts)

I like to think it's negligence, not intentional...but really makes you wonder with this policy change.  I think the levy finally broke for me.  

Back today... After paying for walkthrough...pressing takes 11 days.  Grading takes another 9 days, both WK tier.  Mind you, took 5 days to open the box, covered in red and black WK.  Okay, great, they get slammed, I can live with it, although it's not cool for paying a premium.  

What I CANNOT tolerate, is after waiting 25 days for an advertised 5 days total TAT (3 pressing + 2 grading when sent in), is my cherished collectible being returned to me like this.  Like what the actual heck?  It is COVERED in the now standard CGC smudge/scuffs/goo/whateveritis on the sealed bag.

I mean, seriously, how is this acceptable to return to me like this?  

Now my recourse is to rush it back in, lickety split, or else I'm out another $50+2x shipping charges.  Wait 60-90 days and pray that maybe, just maybe it will look better this time.  

I was beyond excited to get this back.  It's like being a kid on Christmas morning again.  Then just absolutely crushed when it has issues.  Unbelievable.  

Pictures are just the worst.  It is all over, 1-3mm spots up and down.  Somehow the back is crystal clear, yay.  

PXL_20230517_003104342~2.jpg

PXL_20230517_003104342.jpg

PXL_20230517_003147079~2.jpg

PXL_20230517_003151762~2.jpg

On 5/16/2023 at 9:02 PM, Tcarroll17 said:

I like to think it's negligence, not intentional...but really makes you wonder with this policy change.  I think the levy finally broke for me.  

Back today... After paying for walkthrough...pressing takes 11 days.  Grading takes another 9 days, both WK tier.  Mind you, took 5 days to open the box, covered in red and black WK.  Okay, great, they get slammed, I can live with it, although it's not cool for paying a premium.  

What I CANNOT tolerate, is after waiting 25 days for an advertised 5 days total TAT (3 pressing + 2 grading when sent in), is my cherished collectible being returned to me like this.  Like what the actual heck?  It is COVERED in the now standard CGC smudge/scuffs/goo/whateveritis on the sealed bag.

I mean, seriously, how is this acceptable to return to me like this?  

Now my recourse is to rush it back in, lickety split, or else I'm out another $50+2x shipping charges.  Wait 60-90 days and pray that maybe, just maybe it will look better this time.  

I was beyond excited to get this back.  It's like being a kid on Christmas morning again.  Then just absolutely crushed when it has issues.  Unbelievable.  

Pictures are just the worst.  It is all over, 1-3mm spots up and down.  Somehow the back is crystal clear, yay.  

PXL_20230517_003104342~2.jpg

PXL_20230517_003104342.jpg

PXL_20230517_003147079~2.jpg

PXL_20230517_003151762~2.jpg

100% agree it's absolutely ridiculous that ME's are 3 months especially on walkthrough books.

Are those 14 business days or 14 regular days? 

We don’t count weekends and holidays in the quoted TATs, but you better drop everything to scour every book in your large submission to find all the hair and plastic before time runs out.

Edited by awakeintheashes