• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC’s OFFICIAL Mechanical Errors / Returns Policy
11 11

433 posts in this topic

the anticipation of having your CGC shipment arrive at your doorstep (for those who didn't look) used to be wondering what grades the books came back as

now it is more the dread of what issues exist with the slab(s)?

maybe CGC should include the info about what newton rings, shards of plastic, scratches, mislabelings, etc we can expect in the graders notes so we can be prepared ahead of time

or maybe they are just preparing their next $ide venture of grading the slab itself

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

• Administrator
On 5/17/2023 at 12:54 PM, jcjames said:

Yet from CGC's post: 

"All Mechanical Error submissions, regardless of error, must be received by CGC within 14 days of the submitter’s receipt of the collectible."

hm 

I am checking to see if what I think is the correct answer jives with CGC.  

On 5/17/2023 at 11:48 AM, jcjames said:

There is only ONE person who consistently cares about customers and the hobby, and that is this guy right here. 

Without him, CGC would have zero credibility at any level anywhere. 

Mike, you are the ONLY consistently respectable aspect that CGC has - and I hope they are aware of that! 

On 5/17/2023 at 11:52 AM, CGC Mike said:

Thanks for the kind words.  :smile:

You can't say that enough about @CGC Mike! Mike offers top class customer service and actually cares about us and the issues we keep running into. I've seen Mike through his messages and actions move mountains with many of the issues I've reported to him.

Who knows what the rest of the company even thinks or what they are trying to do at this point besides chase customers away.

I vote @CGC Mike as Chairman of Blackstone or CGC at least. LOL!

On 5/17/2023 at 10:31 AM, jsilverjanet said:

"we are losing too much money due to these Mechanical Errors"

"we tried hiring a QA manager, introduced new processes to track accountability"

"not working, costs and errors keep increasing"

"how about we stop accepting them and make THE CUSTOMER pay US to fix them"

:idea:

:flipbait::flipbait:

added in bold.

• Administrator

I am going to go out on a limb and say, if anyone here has on a book they own with wrong label info, (except for things we later added on like a character appearance, newsstand, extra artist ect...)  a book upside down, or the slab not securely sealed at the posts,  let me know.  I may not be able to get everything fixed but, will certainly try.

On 5/17/2023 at 11:48 AM, jcjames said:

There is only ONE person who consistently cares about customers and the hobby, and that is this guy right here. 

Without him, CGC would have zero credibility at any level anywhere. 

Mike, you are the ONLY consistently respectable aspect that CGC has - and I hope they are aware of that! 

+1,000,000,000,000

• Administrator
On 5/17/2023 at 1:34 PM, Le Chat Noir said:

What happens with ME subs that were filed/sent before this announcement was made (i.e. label errors)?

They should be fine.  (thumbsu

On 5/17/2023 at 11:31 AM, jsilverjanet said:

"we are losing too much money due to these Mechanical Errors"

"we tried hiring a QA manager, introduced new processes to track accountability"

"not working, costs and errors keep increasing"

"how about we stop accepting them"

brilliant.jpeg

On 5/16/2023 at 8:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

There were quite a few books in Heritage's auction over the last couple of days that were sold raw.

There were books that when all said and done reached a value where years ago it would have made sense to have graded and encapsulated. 

@VintageComics was correct with this and I think we are starting to see a market shift where reputable auction houses and dealers will just abandon CGC if the policies and turnaround times as well as the prices and business decisions no longer make sense to use their service. 

So if a dealer has a Batman Adventures #12 and he thinks its a 9.8 if he got it graded, but now wants to sell it Raw.

Are you saying that people will pay 9.8 prices for it raw?