• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PBA galleries auctioneers new collection 40000+ Every DC
9 9

328 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2023 at 1:42 AM, IngelsFan said:

New Comics 2 is one of my favorite early DC covers. First DC Christmas cover, First Federal Men, and pretty tough to find. It’s one that catches my eye anytime it’s up for sale. I know of only 2 copies that aren’t slabbed. One was from Bridwell’s collection, I bought it in 1987 and sold it in 1991. It had about 75% of the cover and was fairly brittle. The other one sold last October on eBay and had a completely split spine. 

I sold this copy about 2 and a half years ago. I had strongly considered having it conserved to have it made into a handleable copy, as it had exceptional paper quality and I REALLY wanted to thumb thru it!!! It went to a good home.  (thumbsu

New Comics 2 1.5 ow-w front.jpg

On 6/28/2023 at 1:56 AM, sfcityduck said:

She was probably afraid he’d pick it up.  Her comics are in nice shape despite the lack of boards like Bangzooms.  I wonder if they knew each other.  She is probably around his age but he likely was deeper into fandom earlier than she was.

haha  I noticed it too.  took a few screenshots.  Looks like a solid BL  --  "blurry"

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 11.21.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 11.21.31 PM.png

On 6/28/2023 at 5:00 PM, aardvark88 said:

Choice copy of Flash Comics b/w ashcan Cgc blue label from the former Ian Levine collection:

May be an illustration of text

Beautiful!  Dimensions of the image look a little funky....  like it's been stretched sideways.

I finally found my copy of Adventure 41 not terribly long ago....

On 7/8/2023 at 5:02 PM, woowoo said:

@Ian_Levine what was the last book you needed to complete this collection?

New Adventure 26 preceded by New Adventure 27. I did the deal to buy 26 and Harley Yee kindly collected it for me in San Diego 2004.

Some of the rarest were HOW YOU CAN DEFEND YOUR HOME, SILLY PUTTY MAN, HAPPY TOOTH, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMIC'S SEAL OF APPROVAL, THE SUPERMAN BRADMAN COMIC, and two early Golden Age with plain brown covers - ridiculously rare but one was rarer than the other. They were either E.C. or Gaines or ALL-AMERICAN, but they both counted as early DC comics. I can't remember the titles but I had them both and they were as rare as you can get. Can anybody help me out here please ????

Edited by Ian_Levine

On 7/8/2023 at 11:18 PM, Ian_Levine said:
On 7/8/2023 at 8:31 PM, tth2 said:

So it's just Christine with a complete collection now, eh?

Hers was never complete. Every obscure comic I turned up, she had never heard of.

What's the saying about a bird in hand?