• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 3
9 9

155 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2023 at 10:19 AM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

Hope you stayed at Meadowwood ..........

Nope.  A grand a night :flipbait: for Meadowood (just not into that when you want to spend pretty much all day and night out of your room) (but I was able to pay for the whole stay with my AMEX points ^^).  And there are plenty of hotels $3-4K a night.  Went cheap at $500-ish/night Senza Hotel north Napa.  Had never stayed there before but we were very happy with it, very cool vide/a small village type setting with several building and beautiful grounds/plus you can park outside your room and not have to wait for valet.  Also a really good free breakfast spread every morning.  I highly recommend it! :headbang:

On 7/29/2023 at 1:56 PM, trmoore54 said:

Nope.  A grand a night :flipbait: for Meadowood (just not into that when you want to spend pretty much all day and night out of your room) (but I was able to pay for the whole stay with my AMEX points ^^).  And there are plenty of hotels $3-4K a night.  Went cheap at $500-ish/night Senza Hotel north Napa.  Had never stayed there before but we were very happy with it, very cool vide/a small village type setting with several building and beautiful grounds/plus you can park outside your room and not have to wait for valet.  Also a really good free breakfast spread every morning.  I highly recommend it! :headbang:

I recommend if you ever get the chance ....book a tour of... Far Niente....It's outstanding ...it's not easy to do but sometimes they have a small group tour and you just tag along....I just stay at Meadowwood out of habit....but your right all you do when in Napa is run around all day drinking great wine.

An observation: in my earlier post, I said that I'd undergraded everything. It is more accurate to say that I undergraded all the golden and early siler age comics, but overgraded later ones, notably, the Marvel Spotlight. What this means to me is that I'm not paying attention to the age of the comic as a factor.

WAGs submitted.  Decided not to jinx myself this round with any mention of b#775&y$+&s.  Found this round easy to get to the 2 maybe 3 grade range and then super difficult to narrow down to the actual grade... hm hmmm maybe that describes all my rounds... (shrug)

On 7/28/2023 at 10:58 PM, silverseeker said:

Wine + grading = Fun times!

On 7/28/2023 at 11:02 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That's the perfect time to submit grades!

I am going to drink and submit the grades at the same time.  See if it works or NOT.