• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

New Art Day - Skippy in "He didn't have an Eye for It" by Percy Crosby
Skippy is a great strip. Charles Schulz credited Skippy as an inspiration for Peanuts. I’ve loved the strip since I discovered it and the book Skippy vs. the Mob.
Take a few minutes to enjoy the strip and read the Description. Turns out that Skippy has a interesting real world legal history. As an aside, it’s remarkably small - 4.5” by 16.5”.

Crosby, Percy - 1933-07-06 - Skippy.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

New Art Day - Cap Stubbs in "Who's Mary Margaret Mad at Anyway!" by Edwina Dumm

I love comic strips that feature kids - Skippy, Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, Cut de Sac, Wallace the Brave, you get the picture.

One of those strips I discovered by visiting Rob Stolzer’s page where he has quite a number of Dumm’s Cap Stubbs strips. Some time ago, I bought a couple of strips from the 50s, but Rob said I needed something older. He addressed that issue. 

For your viewing pleasure is a strip from long ago; just click the image. Thanks, Rob!

Dumm, Edwina - 1929-09-16 - Cap Stubbs.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 6/8/2021 at 1:30 AM, Brian Peck said:
Picked this on from the last Dueling Dealers, been looking for a nice Deadman page. Cheaper than an Adams or Aparo.
DC Super Star #18 page 14 by Romeo Tanghal and Giordano

DC_Super_Star_18_14.thumb.jpg.ae2192bfba875fb8e3582e0a0966498c.jpg

Nice catch.

I've been trying to find one from that issue with the Phantom Stranger on it (a few lesser ones have come up that I passed on). It's almost like a continuation of the plot from the Phantom Stranger's second series run.

Tanghal's work is really solid. He also does great commission work.

29 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Nice catch.

I've been trying to find one from that issue with the Phantom Stranger on it (a few lesser ones have come up that I passed on). It's almost like a continuation of the plot from the Phantom Stranger's second series run.

Tanghal's work is really solid. He also does great commission work.

It is interesting to see him pencil and someone else inks. Nice combo with Giordano

On 6/13/2021 at 10:18 AM, GreatEscape said:

With HA’s anime auction coming up, I wanted to share my Shogun Warriors #5 cover (1979) by Herb Trimpe and Al Milgrom.  Shogun Warriors was a line of Japanese robot toys licensed by Mattel during the late 1970s based on then-popular anime shows.  Only the 2nd cover on CAF from the title.

Link

8C34528E-C1C9-4233-96F5-CFE15F6453AD.thumb.jpeg.53a9fe39cc8ce70bbb7df68407b95e9d.jpeg

A truly epic piece!

20 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Very cool mail call… earlier this year Marvel put out a 80th anniversary Captain America book… they tapped all different artists to reinterpret important stories in caps history. Adam Hughes got to redraw when cap wakes up from the ice and encounter the Avengers from Avengers 4 he drew his 6 panel page on three different 15x20 boards… I lucked out and was able to get the middle sequence! 

2560CF5A-7B28-4DB1-B2E2-86A453C240D9.jpeg

623653A0-96AF-4848-8F28-991AE0BAB4F3.png

That signature AH! Is in a great spot! For a word bubble too lol