• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,759 posts in this topic

Five new pieces added today: Two Finch Wonder Woman, a Bagley JLA, A Perez head shot, and A Lopresti Planet Hulk head piece.

Here's one of the Finch pieces the rest can be found here:

Wonder Woman #40 pg 18 David Finch & Jonathon Glampion

Wonder Woman #40 pg 18 David Finch & Jonathon Glampion.JPG

11 minutes ago, Eltanin said:

Very happy to add these to my collection.

2 Don Rosa pages showing a young Scrooge McDuck. From Of Ducks, Dimes and Destinies and The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, Chapter 2: The Master of the Mississippi.

Nice! I looked at picking one of those up at the recent auction but didn't expect them to go for $3k-11k.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:20 AM, Stefanomjr said:

Funny how things can come full circle. The chain of events are too long to list, suffice to say I was never aware of the OA hobby/market till Twitter. That lead me to Amy's rep at the time, Jason at ES. My first OA purchase was to be something from Rocket Girl, but while looking over Amy's RG portfolio of work (looking to spend a few hundred for a page) I fell in love with another one of her examples. A Spider-Man Miles Morales cover - considerably more but on HOLD. Jason said if the buyer fell through it was mine! Suddenly a page wasn't good enough. A week went by and I was informed the cover was sold, but the damage was done. The itch needed scratching and I was ready to take the deep plunge into the hobby.

All these years later and I still didn't have my Amy Reeder example! All the RG pages I really wanted had sold and the covers (THIS COVER) was locked away in Amy's collection/inventory. Over the years I'd gotten to meet Amy, take a few of her art classes and I always made it a point to politely pester her about selling me this cover. So thrilled she finally said yes!!! To me it captures the mood of the series and the main character of Dayoung Johansson. Amy's line work is so crisp and clean but she still manages to convey mood and atmosphere, love the composition. The published cover doesn't do the OA justice!

Thanks Amy! 

1816379789_RG2.thumb.jpg.5baba2b9fed15cff589f8f721308d144.jpg

I agree with you; she’s terrific and underappreciated. I have 3 of her pages from Madam Xanadu, and would love to get the cover to no. 7, wherever it may be. Several years ago, she even did a convention sketch of my better half (the one I plan to keep), even though she didn’t think she was good at drawing real people. She is.