• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,707 posts in this topic

Omamma that #1! :o – Love it!

I have seen a couple Romita pieces that were like new cars for sure. I'm sure Kirby's are like that and of course more. I have poked around a little some time ago, but I just may. I have some time off this week, so hopefully I could have some fun. Thanks! I'm thinking in my head it could be something I could work towards in the future (Highly unlikely, I know, as there are thousands of comics and only one specific piece of art from those comics). It will be fun to look for now though.

There is a boardie from Europe which owns full stories of page art from the period mine is from, coming from the same source, most very likely from Jack himself. :)

He PMd me time ago and he was the one which told me the informations.

I just can’t imagine having so many pages – honestly I would not know what to do with them: to me it makes more sense to have just a few pages you are affectioned to.

I know Romitaman has an entire Ditko story, but with his OA buying/selling job he is a sort of "ongoing museum"… :D

Have question on the early FF's. As searching for the early issues I see some are listed as not having the Pin Up page. I knew they had them but can't recall if they were part of the book as in attached or if that effects the grade much if missing? Any help clearing that up?

It definitely affects grade. The Pin-ups were usually on non story pages so it's imperative that you do a page count on ANY Marvel from '61-'65..... also missing often are the ads for other comics on sale that month. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fiend of jesus) (thumbs u

It definitely affects grade. The Pin-ups were usually on non story pages so it's imperative that you do a page count on ANY Marvel from '61-'65..... also missing often are the ads for other comics on sale that month. GOD BLESS...

+1 Good advice Jimbo! (thumbs u

Thanks will do. :) been awhile since I had my early issues couldn't remember if they all had pin ups etc.

Thanks will do. :) been awhile since I had my early issues couldn't remember if they all had pin ups etc.

Be especially careful if buying a #2 – the Thing pin-up must be here! :D

Bought a pair of Namisgr FFs just in today :cloud9:

ff45Scan-150223-0002_zps8b53069a.jpg

ff52Scan-150223-0001_zps09476e9d.jpg

....2 smart choices, Greg..... beautiful examples..... but Bob was always selective..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... I just wish I could figure out a way to swing his 13..........

Time payments.

..... believe me, I've thought about it...... I'm surprised you're not getting the itch to keep a few yourself....... knowing how much you used to dig the FF.... GOD BLESS....

Bought a pair of Namisgr FFs just in today :cloud9:

ff45Scan-150223-0002_zps8b53069a.jpg

ff52Scan-150223-0001_zps09476e9d.jpg

....2 smart choices, Greg..... beautiful examples..... but Bob was always selective..... GOD BLESS....

..... I just wish I could figure out a way to swing his 13..........

Don't you have a killer 13 Jimbo, with the full comics code untrimmed?

Nice books by the way. Love this series. I'm planning to reread this run at some point soon.