• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,720 posts in this topic

Not sure if a GRR is allowed here but it's FF related and a stand in until I save enought for a real one. Just picked it up yesterday, so latest FF buy.

Whatever FF is not only allowed, but highly welcome in this discussion: it’s not the "Fantastic Four Club", but the Fantastic Four lovers thread… :)

So you’re a ^^

Those are sweet copies. You've got an eye for quality books. :applause:

Thank you. Your FF collection is amazing! (thumbs u

And yours? I think I just experienced a good dose of vertigo seeing these beutiful copies… :ohnoez:

LTPink, those are beauties. I just completed my set in my sig line. I have to adjust the size, but here they are. I had the big boys already, but just needed the small guys to fill in. Def a set I'm proud to own, as I've previously owned it and sadly let it go. FF baby!

LTPink, those are beauties. I just completed my set in my sig line. I have to adjust the size, but here they are. I had the big boys already, but just needed the small guys to fill in. Def a set I'm proud to own, as I've previously owned it and sadly let it go. FF baby!

Great looking set!

It really is a very choice page...... it's from the prime time of Kirby/ Sinnott ..... as good as it gets. I always thought Blastaar was incredible..... plus Sandman AND Triton.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don’t have signatures turned on – could you post your set here, SpideyFein? :)

And finally I managed to take a picture of my FF original art page, dedicated to KirbyJack which asked about it. From Fantastic Four #62, page 19:

3yf4x7th.jpg

This is phenomenal. Wow. Really no need to show my set after that, but here it is.

2F62CD3C-9069-4A24-B82B-97ED4716BB67_zpsa463kwml.jpg

You have officially made me want a Kirby page now. I've thought about it for a bit, but maybe this will be one of my next missions. Ahh, it never ends.

Each and every Lee/Kirby (and Sinnott) FF copy is beautiful by definition. :cloud9:

Besides, at the time I paid a lot less than what you’d have to pay for your sets right now – you both have sweet #46s, a lot better than mine. :)

Thanks everyone! :whee: – it was a big purchase for me at the time, I though about it two days and then said to myself that was too beautiful and a unique opportunity. We were in 1990, no Internet, never seen an original page before and it was in Lucca, where a US dealer brought them.

I discovered later on that he was selling also on Kirby’s behalf, so it might be that I purchased it indirectly from him. And yes, I loved Blastaar too… my favorite period, the only missing is Sue, but someone told me she’s there, just invisible. lol

Each and every Lee/Kirby (and Sinnott) FF copy is beautiful by definition. :cloud9:

Besides, at the time I paid a lot less than what you’d have to pay for your sets right now – you both have sweet #46s, a lot better than mine. :)

Thanks everyone! :whee: – it was a big purchase for me at the time, I though about it two days and then said to myself that was too beautiful and a unique opportunity. We were in 1990, no Internet, never seen an original page before and it was in Lucca, where a US dealer brought them.

I discovered later on that he was selling also on Kirby’s behalf, so it might be that I purchased it indirectly from him. And yes, I loved Blastaar too… my favorite period, the only missing is Sue, but someone told me she’s there, just invisible. lol

:cloud9:

I just started my FF collection today. I'm a newb to comics in general, fell in love with the Black Bolt and the inhumans over the past few months (yes, even before the movie hype hit high gear) and that in turn got me into old FF. Today I just purchased a copy of FF#47 on ebay for a good price. I will post a pic when I get it.

I just started my FF collection today. I'm a newb to comics in general, fell in love with the Black Bolt and the inhumans over the past few months (yes, even before the movie hype hit high gear) and that in turn got me into old FF. Today I just purchased a copy of FF#47 on ebay for a good price. I will post a pic when I get it.

Welcome to the club!! :headbang: