• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,700 posts in this topic

Not sure. Think I picked up 45,44 and a couple more as upgrades at the same time. #45 certainly wasn't advertised as a Green River when i bought it.

The 8.5 GR FF 45 that Brad outbid me on eBAY a couple years ago had the stamp in the same spot.That and the lack of tanning and the puffiness of the spine make it a prime candidate for a GREEN RIVER.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

p.s. The Green River collection was introduced in the early 90's by John Hauser.

If you check out the link a couple posts back you will see the same issue with date stamp in the exact same spot. I think my copy really is a Green River. Neato.

Not sure. Think I picked up 45,44 and a couple more as upgrades at the same time. #45 certainly wasn't advertised as a Green River when i bought it.

The 8.5 GR FF 45 that Brad outbid me on eBAY a couple years ago had the stamp in the same spot.That and the lack of tanning and the puffiness of the spine make it a prime candidate for a GREEN RIVER.....GOD BLESS...

p.s. The Green River collection was introduced in the early 90's by John Hauser.

I think my copy of Fantastic Four 45 could also be a Green River. I bought it at San Diego Comic Con a few years ago. I'll post a pic when i find the book.

I think my copy of Fantastic Four 45 could also be a Green River. I bought it at San Diego Comic Con a few years ago. I'll post a pic when i find the book.
The only problem is that its lower grade.

ff45.jpg

That date stamp looks an awful lot like the one appearing on Green River pedigree books. We all know one GR copy of this ish sold recently for over $3K, and there are often multiple copies of certain issues in the collection.

Calling our resident GR expert Red Hook.... oh yeah, the mods..... well, I'm sure glad the boards are now safe for all of us to talk up comics... :makepoint:

It's a GR :gossip:

Thats cool, stumbled into a Green River.

That's a sweet copy I've been looking for a hg raw copy for my collection for a while now :cloud9:

Edited by BrianR

Thats cool, stumbled into a Green River.

That's a sweet copy I've been looking for a hg raw copy for my collection for a while now :cloud9:

As have I