• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Hey Divad... just a thought, but aren't mystery boxes technically against guidelines anyhow? They don't provide grades for books nor do they provide scans--of which at least one need be present to be within compliance for sales to be kosher under current marketplace rules? Maybe I'm reading the forum guidelines incorrectly, but what do you think?

I'd like to propose the banning of "Mystery Box" sales here on the Boards as a new "guideline" :)

I'd like to propose not buying "Mystery Boxes" if you're not ready to handle the you're likely to get.

hm

It seems a bad idea to me to start legislating common sense.

I'd like to propose the banning of "Mystery Box" sales here on the Boards as a new "guideline" :)

I'd like to propose not buying "Mystery Boxes" if you're not ready to handle the you're likely to get.

hm

It seems a bad idea to me to start legislating common sense.

That's exactly what governments are meant to do . . . :grin:

Hey Divad... just a thought, but aren't mystery boxes technically against guidelines anyhow? They don't provide grades for books nor do they provide scans--of which at least one need be present to be within compliance for sales to be kosher under current marketplace rules? Maybe I'm reading the forum guidelines incorrectly, but what do you think?

Perhaps, but articulated specifically, there would be no judgment necessary - mods would be free to delete at will. :)

But that's not what we're taking about, as these were clearly outlined longbox lots (era, average condition, company, original source, etc.), where the seller committed lie after lie after lie concerning the description.

But that's not what we're taking about, as these were clearly outlined longbox lots (era, average condition, company, original source, etc.), where the seller committed lie after lie after lie concerning the description.

I followed that sales thread and I thought the boxes sounded promising especially after seeing the pics. I don't have the space for that many comics. Also, I did not have a good feeling about that seller to begin with as he was on the prob list before and paid another boardie to get off the list.

I would love to see pictures of the actual content shipped before making a decision but from the sounds of everyone complaining, it does not look good for the seller.

I agree that Mystery Boxes should not be allowed in the marketplace as well. Although I am sure that will lead to private PM deals.

Question I need a Mod ruling on:

Are you allowed to sell PGX/etc. non-CGC slabbed books on here, as long as you hide the name (other guy's slab, ProGradedX, etc.) or are PGX/etc. not allowed for sale under any circumstances.

• Administrator

No. If you want to sell it here, crack it out. If you want to sell it somewhere else, feel free to do whatever you'd like with it. Sell it for raw and treat the case as just "protection" or whatever. But here it's raw and CGC.

How do you close a sale thread when you are done with it? I no longer see the option to edit any of my posts. Am I missing something? Thanks for any info.

Posts over three days old cannot be edited. I am with you, at least in the sales threads - posts should be able to be edited there at any time.

-slym

How do you close a sale thread when you are done with it? I no longer see the option to edit any of my posts. Am I missing something? Thanks for any info.

Posts over three days old cannot be edited. I am with you, at least in the sales threads - posts should be able to be edited there at any time.

-slym

That might be bad if there is a dispute. :ohnoez:

Just quote the last post in your sales thread and type something like.

:news: Sales thread closed, thanks for looking.

You can also change the subject (title of the thread) to reflect that it is a closed thread.

You can also change the subject (title of the thread) to reflect that it is a closed thread.

Not if the first post is over 3 days old...

-slym

You can in subsequent replies so it shows up as a different title in the list of threads.