• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,393 posts in this topic

It's funny because years ago their scans were too dark. Made defects stand out worse than they actually were.

They have definitely varied their scans over time, as have most other sites. I'm an admitted color fanatic so I do try to make some reasonable guess about scans vs. reality by looking at books on a site where I know the colors.

I still like the book but whoever did the original scan had to know that their settings were creating an image that was not even remotely indicative of the book.

The discrepancy is ridiculous, and Heritage should take full responsibility for it. For a professional, multi-million-dollar company to misrepresent its product that way is unacceptable.

Scanning is a magical tool that can really change the appearance of a book. First, the scan from Heritage.

Sheena9.jpg

Now my scan which matches the book in hand.

Sheena09FC.jpg

I still like the book but whoever did the original scan had to know that their settings were creating an image that was not even remotely indicative of the book.

Wow....what a difference !! I like the darker one, which makes the book seem older and cooler (shrug)

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this, found a CD by the band "Golden Smog" that had cover art that's a rip-off of a classic Pulp cover:

http://www.amazon.com/Weird-Tales-Golden-Smog/dp/B00000DCWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291777032&sr=1-1

Wheres her parachute ??

It's really cool to see that writing on that cover -- what a nifty time capsule on such a cool book! :applause:

Got this one in today :whee:

Rangers14A.jpg

Since I live about an hour from Cookeville, I love the Cookeville books. Here's another comic that I got back from CGC.

batman18cgc5.jpg

:takeit:

Great book. Only guy missing is Stalin